Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
There was an interesting scenario that popped up over there not too long ago. I had forgotten about it until somebody PM'ed me here with some info about those guys.

They've got a thread going over there that people use to post all the latest deals, product arrivals, etc. The guys that have been around over there for a while are always quick to berate any company or individual that asks more than MSRP for a product. Well somebody discovered that one of their site sponsors had a "secret" Gunbroker account where he was unloading stuff at massive markups.

Now personally, I could care less. Let him sell his stuff for whatever he can get for it as far as I'm concerned. It's no business of mine, and if both seller and buyer are happy, then who cares. But, there sure was a lot of crawfishin' going on over that incident.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Been a member there for a few years now. Lots of good info to be had if you can wade through all the wannabe's posts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buncha high horse ridin' a-holes over there. There are some knowledgable guys at that joint, but they sure hold themselves in high regard... I'll pass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogzapper

I signed up for M4Carbine.net fully six months ago. When I discovered that I could not post,

Hey Steve, you know they have a policy that you can't post in the general discussion area until you have 200 posts in the other areas, right?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by dogzapper

I signed up for M4Carbine.net fully six months ago. When I discovered that I could not post,

Hey Steve, you know they have a policy that you can't post in the general discussion area until you have 200 posts in the other areas, right?

Yep, I knew that; I tried posting all over the site and my PMs to the site brass went totally ignored. Actually, I was restricted from posting ANYWHERE on the site. I was totally blocked out.

Hey, their loss, surely not mine.

I really don't particularly care, but it M4Carbine just seems uniquely strange in this regard. Most sites are simply glad that new fellas are there.

Interestingly enough, the recommendation to post there came from this forum. I guess other 24HCF folks had a great deal more luck than I did.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've spent some time there this winter. I spent a little time at AR15.com too. I was researching AR's, and have done more research since buying one. Lot's of good info, seems to be plenty of big egos and big attitudes too. Frankly I don't give a $hit if someone is a sure enough operator or not. A prick is a prick. Sort through the crap, and there is a wealth of good info, and a lot of good guys too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, I kinda like AR15.com.

Found lots of nice guys, a few pricks and a great deal of information that is excellent.

And, at least I can help fome of the guys with handloading techniques and information. I love being able to pay back help with help.

That is one Hell of a lot more than I can say for M4Carbine.com

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't piss on Arfcom if they burst into flames. The owners are about the most unAmerican POS I've ever seen. The way they moderated after 9/11 was truly Orwellian. And don't give me schitt about "it's their board". Their moderating revealed a deep-seated evil. Even the owner of Accurate Reloading isn't as anti-American. I will not give them revenue by giving them my page views.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This incident with the Chechen terrorists in Boston reminds me of another outstanding show of patriotism by the ARFcom Avila's - their patronage of jihadist Aukai Collins.

I guess they didn't want to offend that guy for fear that he'd chop their heads off. eek

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarryC
This incident with the Chechen terrorists in Boston reminds me of another outstanding show of patriotism by the ARFcom Avila's - their patronage of jihadist Aukai Collins.

I guess they didn't want to offend that guy for fear that he'd chop their heads off. eek

Too bad the Spetsnaz only wounded him.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1234, 1minute, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,159 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,103
Posts18,464,194
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.