Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mark is Good to Go, I bought a Daewoo DP51 from him and it was perfect. I will always deal with Mark.

now Yalie! I already bitched at you earlier this week for Stupid AZZ posts in the classifieds, you act like a 10 year old, you sure you are a lawyer?? you surely ain't and yeah I said Ain't MAKING NO FRIENDS HERE punk!

picking on Mark

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
IC B3

P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
When I read this initial post early this AM I saw this headed in a very bad direction for the OP. Opening the post by telling people you are an attorney, is going to lead most to believe that you think pretty highly of yourself, and you believe that you are smarter than most of those around this fire. If that is the case, that type of arrogance is not going to sit well with most, regardless of if they have had dealings with Mark or not.

I have dealt with Mark on two separate times, and with one, it did take a little more time to get the items than I expected. However, it didn't make any difference to me when I got them, and he kept me appraised of what was going on. Regardless, there was never a doubt in my mind that things would have been made right in the end. The first transaction with him was flawless. Based on now hearing both sides of the story, it sounds to me like the OP should have just decided that he should have chalked this up as an experience he was not comfortable with, and left it lie. However, maybe arrogance would not allow that. I have no dog in this fight, just voicing my observations I guess.

The one thing that I do think could very easily be overlooked is the fact that this whole disagreement is over an early Winchester model 71 long tang that was selling for 1000.00. Haven't seen pics of that rifle, but I do know that Mark told me about it when we were dealing during the above mentioned contacts. Maybe I should have inquired a little further at that time. I don't know how many folks have looked at the Winchester 71's and their pricing, but if that rifle was a solid, honestly used rifle, that is certainly a fair buy IMO. I don't think that I would have been quite so eager to terminate that agreement if Mark was simply saying he wanted to make sure it was gtg.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Yalie
Ladies and Gentlemen:

One of my favorite tactics when I was practicing law, was to let a witness babble on, while on the stand until they found out they had just BS'd themselves into a corner.

This applies far more to you than anyone else in this thread including Mark. The rest of your babble isn't worth repeating.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
A lawyer friend once told me to never sell a lawyer anything of significant value because if he becomes dissatisfied he can sue you for free.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tanner
I have a feeling Yalie wrote this great post sitting in some whitey-tighties sipping red wine by a fireplace with his pinky out.

GFY.

Dude .... That is too funny!

However, I'm a little concerned with exactly HOW this image came to you! smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Moral of the story, Don't take a friggin' check from Yalie.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Imagine that, a politician in waiting with nothing to say.....

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty funny, this fugging putz screws Mark over twice, once by reneging on the 99 and once by cancelling the check and he has the balls to try to portray Mark as the bad guy here.
John Boy, I think you may be right about this loser being a politician in waiting.

Nice try Counselor!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems as though Mark has developed some loyal friends here at the 'Fire.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mark invests himself in his dealings and MAKES friends, and therefore deserves the benefit of the doubt whenever anything like this comes up. He does a good job.
The lawyer on the other hand is just a cheapo pot-shot sniper that thinks his wit and "superior" intellect will carry him when his character fails him.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, he is a truely trustworthy gentleman. And he can sing to boot. I've got on of his CD's to prove it..... grin

Last edited by John_Boy; 04/20/13.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
By the way Yalie, if you're going to prosecute this properly please add the EXACT time to go with your dates. you might sway the public opinion, but don't hold your breath..........

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This self-outing thread should more aptly be titled "The Yalie/Chris Bemis Experience".

Highly doubtful the OP is a product of Yale Law School as inferred.

The claim of 'breach of contract' is as meritless as it is humorous.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Launchingrounds
Possibly good guys on both ends but we're talking about a model 71 here. Seems to me ANY alteration to the gun should have been worked out between the parties before it was touched by anyone, including the seller. We all have our personal issues, health, financial, etc. none of which is relevant here or makes 2 cents difference in a gun deal.
Communication is often the problem in deals gone bad here in spite of all the best intentions.

This

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have done two deals with Mark. Both went vey smooth!!! I forgot to mail a check on one item. I contacted him and he was very easy to deal with.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is that not only a breach of contract but consequent damages are together required in order for the claimant to prevail in a court of law. The OP did not suffer any damages as far as I can tell from the presentation. So, the OP can GFY.

"Smile, God loves you!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have dealt with Mark on two separate occasions, and both went off flawlessly. I cannot speak to the character of the OP, but Mark is GTG in my book and I would not hesitate to deal with him again.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have pictures of the Model 71, and Mark's description was much harsher than the condition of the rifle. We traded pistols, what I received was in better condition than he described. Look up Mark's posts and the replies, his reputation in the Campfire is well known, and well respected.

I'll take Mark's word and his back, any time, any where.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll trade with safariman any time. I've enjoyed his posts and anybody can tell by reading them that he is one of the good guys and that he truly cares. Yalie just earned a spot on my ignore list. 2nd one today, BTW.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i'd deal with mark anyday. class guy all the way. honest and open and communicates very well during a deal.

Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.