Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by deflave
Nepolitano mentioned that the interpretation used by Obama regime is different. I'm not absolutely certain about the details so TIFWIW.

I absolutely agree that a USC deserves his/her day in court and that's not the issue I was commenting on. It's the Public Safety/Miranda rights issue that I have concerns with.

If it saves one life?

Travis

That's an interesting question filled with irony, hypocrisy, enigma, and truth. grin

The left sure likes to use it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
he is also subject to having his naturalization undone if it is shown he lied when he took the oath of citizenship....not sure what the time restrictions are for that action.

my thought is to try the little bastard and convict him in a regular court and give him the needle.....trying to denaturalize him, ship him to Gitmo, treat him as an enemy combatant, etc. are just side shows that will delay the proceedings with endless appeals of procedural issues.

and with this bunch of commies in power, you don't want them setting precedents about crossing that bright line between how you treat American citizens for alleged offenses in the US and how you treat foreigners acting on foreign soil.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nepolitano mentioned that the interpretation used by Obama regime is different. I'm not absolutely certain about the details so TIFWIW.

I absolutely agree that a USC deserves his/her day in court and that's not the issue I was commenting on. It's the Public Safety/Miranda rights issue that I have concerns with.

If it saves one life?

Travis

That's an interesting question filled with irony, hypocrisy, enigma, and truth. grin

The left sure likes to use it.

Travis

The right has an answer. GFY. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
he is also subject to having his naturalization undone if it is shown he lied when he took the oath of citizenship....not sure what the time restrictions are for that action.

my thought is to try the little bastard and convict him in a regular court and give him the needle.....trying to denaturalize him, ship him to Gitmo, treat him as an enemy combatant, etc. are just side shows that will delay the proceedings with endless appeals of procedural issues.

and with this bunch of commies in power, you don't want them setting precedents about crossing that bright line between how you treat American citizens for alleged offenses in the US and how you treat foreigners acting on foreign soil.

HEAR HEAR!!!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I've heard discussions about the forty eight hours but I don't believe from I've heard that it's set in stone. There's been discussion about the length of time it would take to properly assess the public safety threat. I believe in this case where an injured terrorist was unconscious and unable to answer questions the forty eight hours goes out the window.

The issue of an American citizen, even a naturalized citizen, committing an act of terrorism and being classified as an enemy combatant without positive unequivocal proof of ties to an foreign enemy of the US that results in the loss of their constitutional rights is a precedent I don't want to see.

I specifically mentioned foreign enemy. The classification of a domestic enemy combatant is very troubling.

His partner in this terrorist act was not a citizen

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How would Bloombunghole's ideal line up with me agreeing with Steve_NO that this guy should be tried in Court, as the Constitution maintains?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by Steelhead
They were either guilty of something 2 years ago or weren't. You can't lock folks up cuzz you think they might do something, else we'd all be in jail, except for TRH who will never do anything.
We should be able to kick out foreigners if we decide that they are a threat to public safety. We also should be able to strip this idiot of his citizenship if we decide he was lying when he to the oath of citizenship.

Or better yet, an individual applying for citizenship should have an overriding rationale for why we should accept him. Right now we ask why shouldn't we reject him (for citizenship).

Seems backward considering the fact that with our welfare state as it is we are the ones opening ourselves to risk and liability in the transaction.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

I agree on all counts, though I would be uncomfortable with any in power crossing that bright line.

If all the gov & MSM say is true, there will be no challenge involved in convicting him in domestic court. Heaven knows that is what I'd want if I was accused.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just heard an excellent treatise by Judge Napolitano on the issue. I don't think there's any doubt in anybody's mind as to his grasp of the Constitution and individual rights. As expected and I agree, the terrorist should be granted all rights under our laws.
That said, it would have been perfectly legal-had there or if there is a connection to Al-Quaida, Taliban, etc he can be interrogated for up to thirty days without Miranda to try and extract information from him. If successful, NONE of that could be used against him in court,but as the Judge says, there is enough to convict him based on what we have already. It seems to me this would have been the way to go, but it's OBE now. Also there is absolutely no statute called the "48 hour Rule" that the marxist in the WH was trying to implement.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I totally understand the court system but definitely not comfortable with the lack of deterrence for enemy combatants on American soil citizen or not.Come on over sit a spell then blow chit up,kill and maim hundreds,then get a fair trial!
These bastards need to be placed in a harsh interrogational environment,treated as the enemy they are.. doesn't get any better down the road as we've become a soft society offering up a wealth of soft targets for their exploitation.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,672
Posts18,456,039
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.