Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Not very subtle, but I like the way you think.

If the assclown's drones worked so well on thinning al qaeda why not introduce them to the cartel?

Now there's the idea of the year! How do we make sure they're NOT us citizens first so we don't kill US citizens on US soil without due process? With a drone?

While certainly inviting, killing them because they're spotters really isn't what this country's all about, is it?

I'm all for putting boots on the ground in OUR country, on OUR borders to preserve OUR way of life and liberty HERE.

Ed

I'm with you, man.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Overkill. 22 hornet, 40 grain V-Max, and a case full of your favorite powder. In one ear and out the other.

Scott you're a lot better at doping the wind than me or you haven't shot much in that south west wind. grin

NRA Lifetime Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Overkill. 22 hornet, 40 grain V-Max, and a case full of your favorite powder. In one ear and out the other.

Scott you're a lot better at doping the wind than me or you haven't shot much in that south west wind. grin

I watched him shoot at Sierra Vista last January and he's no slouch, but then he wasn't shooting that Hornet in those conditions, either. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Supply and demand. What drives everything?

Prosecute the employers. Save the land mines for OCONUS.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Our esteemed politicians have a habit of constraining both our armed forces "in conflict", and our Border Patrol - also "in conflict" (although eternally denied)

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That'll work about a well as some of our other efforts.

Prosecute the user, but don't make it a real penalty and make it take forever for the penalty to arrive.

Now if the rules were as they were intended, i.e. "Swift and Sure", it may work.

But something's gotta change.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
While I can understand the sentiment,I'm not real stuck on turning our neighborhood into a minefield ( and I can say that neither are my neighbors).

"Boots on the ground and the resources they need, including cameras, radios that work, sensors, and a change in ROE to allow instant deportation and ROE for firefights.

Go after these guys AGGRESSIVELY, not reactively."

Well, that's a little more PRACTICAL approach.The character posting this is pretty well up to speed on all of the factors in play here, and is putting up good solutions.

Did any of you fine folks read the article covering HSA Radio communication debacle ?

Link: http://www.hstoday.us/focused-topic...s-management-challenges-experts-say.html

Information Technology
Lack of Radio Operability Emblematic of DHS Management Challenges, Experts Say

By: Mickey McCarter
04/29/13

Bookmark and Share

Three years ago, Rep. Ron Barber (D-Ariz.) and former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) visited the outskirts of Arizona's border with Mexico on a fact-finding mission in the wake of the murder of a rancher there.

While talking to ranchers along the Southwest border after the death of Robert Krentz, the lawmakers found that communications often could be extremely unreliable. When trying to contact the secretary of homeland security, their signal would often drop.

The problem underscores communication challenges facing law enforcement personnel at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Barber noted in a hearing Friday. Those communications problems persist three years later.

The topic of communications capability and interoperability was a recurring area of discussion at the hearing, dedicated to wasteful duplicity and fragmentation among DHS programs.

Much duplication and fragmentation at DHS comes from a lack of centralized governance, experts told the House Homeland Security oversight subcommittee. The same problem has slowed DHS progress toward radio interoperability, Anne Richards, an assistant DHS inspector general (IG), testified.

In a report released in November 2012, the DHS IG surveyed DHS radio users and found that only one out of 479 surveyed could access and communicate on a designated common channel for the department. Only 20 percent of radios tested by the IG office were programmed to reach the common channel, Richards said.

Despite an internal goal of radio interoperability among DHS personnel, the department was not reaching its goal because of weak governance for the goal. The IG report at the time recommended DHS centralize authority for achieving interoperability.

But DHS responded that a joint working group, coordinated through memoranda of understanding (MOUs) between DHS components, would effectively provide governance to achieve interoperability.

So the recommendation remains open, Richards said. In total, the DHS IG office has made 8,000 recommendations in the past ten years, with about 15 percent of them remaining open. That 15 percent scales to $650 million program values, economically speaking, she added.

Meanwhile, departmentwide interoperability lags at DHS because radios are not programmed to the common channel and radio operators are unaware of its existence. DHS was working on guidance on the issue, as recommended by the IG office, but rejected centralized governance of the issue. DHS has the authority to strengthen management of the issue, but chooses to work through the MOUs.

"My audit work indicates that collaboration is not at the point where it is going to get them there quickly," Richards said.

The IG office also is examining radio inventory issues at the department, and a draft report is in the works. Richards predicted the IG office would release it within the next quarter.

With that audit, the IG office may reach similar conclusions as it did with a recent audit of DHS detection equipment, Richards' testimony suggested. In that audit, the IG office found that various DHS components did not identify detection equipment such as metal detectors in a common way.

"They had it on their inventories but they all recorded it differently," Richards said. As such, DHS agencies did not have information readily available to assist it in sharing or shifting resources.

The IG office prescribed standard data dictionaries to enable components to define specific equipment with common terms. With those standards, DHS could share information on its radios and perhaps speed its goal of achieving departmentwide interoperability as well as becoming "One DHS," Richards said.

Cathleen Berrick, managing director of homeland security at the Government Accountability Office (GAO), noted generally DHS IT management continues to face high risk, despite a recent high-level review of major IT programs. That review only accounts for about 20 percent of the IT portfolio throughout the department, Berrick said.

Any DHS management challenge requires a roadmap of the root causes of fundamental management problems, Berrick said. From there, DHS must identify gaps and dedicate resources to address those gaps. If faced with limited funding, DHS must prioritize its initiatives.

Moreover, a system of metrics and oversight structure can demonstrate progress in addressing issues, Berrick said. DHS must have sustainable, repeatable plans for tackling management challenges.

DHS has a good strategy and strong metrics for many of these challenges and must now carry out that strategy to fruition, Berrick said.

Henry Willis, director of the Rand Homeland Security and Defense Center, suggested Congress could provide more oversight over some DHS programs by demanding to review analyses of major decisions.

And lawmakers should continue to ensure adequate and sustained funding for analytic capabilities, Willis said, quoting the maxim, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

That's written BY THE "ORGANIZATION" (HSA) ITSELF ! In other words even THEY can't put lipstick on this grotesque pig of a situation.

Lots of beaurocratic double speak , and chic buzzwords do NOT change our situation here, people.........we need some serious changes in ROEs, and we need them YESTERDAY.

Anybody that thinks "legalizing drugs" is going to send all these Cartelista types home to their Corn Patch and Agave is dreaming. Kidnapping, extortion, abduction and child slavery, illicit organ harvesting, .....and so on would merely supercede, and replace the dope money.

By the way, there is MORE than adequate demand for the occasional Arty strike, or A-10 run, or other overwhelming violence in response in the sorting out of alla' this, so don't despair, alla' you more "bloodthirsty" types. wink

.....I can certainly relate to the application of that sorta'"Big Stick" myself, as and when it's needed.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 05/09/13.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been a while since we done a Border thread.

Seems like most of the "shoot on sight" folks don't actually *live* anywhere near the Border.

In Texas at least, most Mexicans one sees on this side of the line are Americans.

The real outrage is this.... gangs of criminal, armed foreigners presuming to occupy our real estate.

And that we could so easily stop this happening, even within the rule of law.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Been a while since we done a Border thread.

Seems like most of the "shoot on sight" folks don't actually *live* anywhere near the Border.

In Texas at least, most Mexicans one sees on this side of the line are Americans.

The real outrage is this.... gangs of criminal, armed foreigners presuming to occupy our real estate.

And that we could so easily stop this happening, even within the rule of law.

Yup, and blindly romantacising about 168 gr .30 caliber slugs when a 40 MM Bofors gun would STILL leave one a little closer to the action than one would prefer. Well intention romance, but put up by folks with NO idea as to just how out-gunned we actually are , in this one sided screwup.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many times have I made THIS statement on this forum?

"The border can ONLY be secured on the SOUTH side of the Rio Grand as far as the 1200 miles of Texas border."

I'm more certain of that now than when I first made the statement.

At 5:30 AM today, I left a large ranch where I've been doing some work lately. It is , as the crow flies, about 40 miles North of the ranch I hunted on for several years. THAT ranch was 8 miles off the River, and became a drug smuggling corridor during the 12 years we leased it.

They walked the dope from the river,thru "our" ranch, and two more ranches and they were at HWY 90. The BP ceded everything south of HWY 90 to the cartels years ago, and focused on catching them when they made contact with the pickup car on the Hiway.

Evidently they had some success, because now the corridor extends up North to the ranch where I've been working lately. They pick the dope up on a county road now about 30 miles South of Ft. Stockton.

Understand that I'm talking about ONE corridor for drugs. The only one I have first hand knowledge of. I'm sure there are dozens more in the Trans-Pecos.

Invade Mexico?

WHY THE HELL NOT?

Last edited by curdog4570; 05/09/13.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup, and as I said earlier, I sure wish I knew why it isn't being done. We can guess, piss, moan, and yell all we want to, but we're not directly in charge, so we don't get to make the rules.

We citizens up here, a few hundred miles above the border, don't have it nearly as bad as those folks who live right there. Folks whose ancestral homes are there, their family businesses are there, and they raise their kids there to inherit it all.

We sit back here at our computers, going back and forth at each other, but we don't have the kind of skin in the game those folks do, nor do we have the complete perspective they do.

Anyone with a heart for this country is frustrated about the situation. We need to put our heads together and come up with some real solutions. Ones that won't get folks exposed to prosecution by our own government.

Ed

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It would be nice to fire a 50 cal. Their direction.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If we're going to go there, make mine at least 20mm, 30mm even mo betta.

As my Dad taught me, hit them first and hit them so hard they don't get back up. Fair fights are those with rules. There are no rules when you really want to win a fight.

Ed

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Your dad wasnt PC.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
No, and I'm not always, either. I just learned to pick my fights since I don't live in that world anymore. It sure was simpler back then.

Ed

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

I watched him shoot at Sierra Vista last January and he's no slouch, but then he wasn't shooting that Hornet in those conditions, either. grin

Ed

Thanks but it was pretty hard to miss with Greg's little sweetheart.

I have taken bunches of sagerats with the hornet to three hundred yards and several past four hundred with a #1 in 22 BR. Witnessed by two campfire members. Sagerats are a lot smaller than a human head.

That said, I really have no desire to try it on humans. Prevention is a LOT better than reaction.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The police can arrest you for warning people about cops with a speed gun. Why can't the arrest these crooks on the same basis? If you arrest them then they can't work for the bad guys while their in jail.

[Linked Image from ]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I would not be surprised to learn at some point that a lot of cartel bribe money winds up in some peoples pockets in Washington DC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't it funny how rules don't affect anything that's in the Ozero agenda though?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That'll work about a well as some of our other efforts.

Prosecute the user, but don't make it a real penalty and make it take forever for the penalty to arrive.

Now if the rules were as they were intended, i.e. "Swift and Sure", it may work.

But something's gotta change.

Ed

There's only two real solutions to immigration problems. Prosecute the schit out of the people providing the work, so that it is no longer available. Or make the schit hold they are running from, not a schit hole.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (2UP, 338reddog, 35, 44mc, 007FJ, 17 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,582
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.