Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
they're talking about guaranteed contracts with an insurance company as opposed to the market or public pension systems.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
imho, no reason to pay someone a fee to do this work. they are still getting a slice of any product or account they open anyway. we are just as "impartial" whether you pay for the advice or not. we still have to do what's right for the client.

you don't pay the mechanic to tell you what's wrong with the car, you pay him to apply the "fix."

but yes, i will check out the phone books. not a bad idea. i know some guys pay google so they can be the first listing under a specific heading in a zip code.

In my case I have gone to mechanic and paid for advice so that I could fix the problem myself.

With that said ... smile

What about expanding the financial services you provide to areas outside of just fee based securities?

Many people have questions about finances where the answer doesn't come in the form of an investment. It's the "advisor" part of being a Financial Advisor.

This might be a way to expand your endeavour and possibly generate a new source of revenue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Advertising won't get you appointments. As one poster already said, sales is sales. YOU have to get out there and turn over rocks. Develop a model a picture of your ideal client:

1. Who will benefit most from your services?
2. Where do those people congregate socially?
3. Get out there and meet them. It's all about the relationship.
4. Follow up with everyone you meet.
5. Ask for referrals from everyone you meet. "Who do you know that may need some help organizing their finances?"

Activity within your target market will generate pipeline. Put your plan on paper. Set specific goals for activity.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is one of the topics I was going to be covering with you on our telephone call. I was MDRT and top 1% in the Nation for 18 straight years before I retired, averaging $20,000 a month in commisions / bonuses. VAnimrod aka Sean Clarkston can verify this if someone needed such as he worked in the saame business and overall carrier(s) as me for a few years and saw my name on the reports.

A succsessful agent will ALWAYS have THREE or more marketing systems working for him and in play at all times. To be good in this busineses, one must be a good presenter, a good closer and a GREAT marketer.

Some marketing sytems that worked well for me included:

Direct mail hit pieces with response cards

Multi topic/panelof experts Seminars/workshops with response cards for attendees to fill out (AWSOME leads and clients from these events, but expensive to do right)

Cold calling - STILL works when done right or hired out like I did

Door to door - again still works when done correctly

REFERRALS! Free, terrific leads, and EASY to get when one asks the right way. If you make the phone call to me that I have been waiting for I will give you all of the details on the refferal system as well as how I filed up large rooms with affluent folks for workshops.

This business can either be the hardest $50,000 a year job you ever had or the easiest $200,000 a year job you ever dreamed of. Just a few clues and ideas separate the big winners from the masses who struggle.

PM incoiming with my new phone number, now up to you.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
will be contacting you monday early afternoon if that's a good time.

sorry for missing the phone opportunity, they have me busier than heck with learning technique and studying for various tests, running appointments, etc.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
+1 on the referrals. I had my own insurance agency and also did financial planning. Then changed to securities only and had employees do the insurance.

Besides referrals, require each employee to ask every customer who calls for service, who does their retirement planning, and who helps them with their investments. Many calls for service can lead to sales of other products.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think your advice is spot on Rem6mm, mirrors my experience in biz.

nada wrong with doing a lil advertising to legitimize a new biz, but in the end, it's the word of mouth that either makes or breaks a biz.

our biz is competitive, about 1000 potential clients for each biz in our community, not enough to survive upon. there's external marketing and then there's internal marketing

the internal marketing can make you rich, the external marketing can make your ad agency rich.

to the OP, you're lucky you have the insurance biz to support you while you build the financial planning biz.

if you're really going to have success with the financial planning it's going to be slow at first. Most people aren't in the know concerning finances.

And if you concentrate your financial planning on just selling the products you have through your insurance broker, I doubt you'll be as successful as you could be as a CFP.

when I got those two names provided and was actually able to present to them, the folks that gave me those names would get a free tuneup on their financial plan.

and like any biz, you're best clients and advocates will be the folks that need it the worst but are hardest to convert.

but you're going to have a dilemma, to my way of thinking, for my money the majority of folks that are CFP's are sponsored for their schooling by a major insurance co.

and as far as I can tell most are just glorified insurance salesmen that went to a seminar so they can sell more of that company's products. That's who they ultimately help get wealthy.

personal interactions are great too, provided you have the fruit from the tree, that you are financially sound. Lots of folks making good loot that can't figure out why they're basically broke.

imo there's a world of difference between selling someone an annuity or insurance policy versus being a financial planner.

it's the slow plan helping folks become financially independently wealthy, but it's a good plan. Satisfied clients will eventually provide an income stream that regular advertising could never hope to duplicate or sustain ime.

wish you well in your endeavors

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I agree self branding is huge. Don't go in debt advertising.
Get out of the office and self promote yourself. Huge key.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
thanks guys. keep it coming.

i quit the insurance job i had to start this new one, which is an all-encompassing one including planning and insurance and such...whatever is needed.

an insurance company did sponsor me but their rules are i can sell anything i want, as long as i do enough business with their stuff in a year to make it worthwhile for them to keep me in an office and lights on etc.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
i can honestly say without bragging, that i am pretty good in front of a client, and that i know for sure i have their best interests at heart, as i have left many dollars on the table due to making damn sure to do the right thing for the client. not worth it to "talk someone into" anything.

the problem, i can already see, is filling that pipeline with prospects. i know this is something most people struggle with.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
will be contacting you monday early afternoon if that's a good time.

sorry for missing the phone opportunity, they have me busier than heck with learning technique and studying for various tests, running appointments, etc.

No worries, Monday works just fine. Done correctly and consistently you will never be wanting for prospects ever again. If you are licensed over here, or GET licensed over here I could even open up my 12+ drawers full of client files and a couple thousand prospects that I did not have time to follow up on for you. Sean did, and we both made a boatload of money until I got too sick to even ride along on appointments. I am up and around for only a few hours each day now, until I get rid of thes huge, cyst infected Kidneys and exchange them for hopefully at least one good one. I am looking forward to that, and might even go back into business myself if I feel as good as I am told I will after such an operation.

When I was at my peak in getting reffereals etc, many times our Regional marketing guy would offer me free, fresh leads and I declined them because I was already too busy and behind just working my refferals and workshop contacts. True story. I also built a pretty good sized sales team during my stint as a training manager, called an Agency Deveopment Associate by my Co back then. Quit that with the 5th ranked team in the Nation under me, decided I am not cut out to try and babysit grown men and women and try to get them to work. Had a pretty good sized Safari Co going at the time, too. I miss those days and being able to manage all of that daily.

Talk at ya some on Monday.

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 05/17/13.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Self employed for 20 years, can't help you tho as it revolved around providing a service to only 4-5 companies in that time frame and 95% of it to 2 companies.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You will need to form yourself into a C corp at some time in the near future to legally and ethically re-name a some of your income as travel expenses and other pre tax dollar shell games. Part of the fun, donchaknow.

When I was at my peak, my considerable salary that I paid myself from the C corp went into the bill pay account for momma to buy groceries etc with and the expenses checks got cashed and were my play/buy guns money. All with legally pre tax (and pre momma seeing them) dollars!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by safariman
This is one of the topics I was going to be covering with you on our telephone call. I was MDRT and top 1% in the Nation for 18 straight years before I retired, averaging $20,000 a month in commisions / bonuses. VAnimrod aka Sean Clarkston can verify this if someone needed such as he worked in the saame business and overall carrier(s) as me for a few years and saw my name on the reports.

A succsessful agent will ALWAYS have THREE or more marketing systems working for him and in play at all times. To be good in this busineses, one must be a good presenter, a good closer and a GREAT marketer.

Some marketing sytems that worked well for me included:

Direct mail hit pieces with response cards

Multi topic/panelof experts Seminars/workshops with response cards for attendees to fill out (AWSOME leads and clients from these events, but expensive to do right)

Cold calling - STILL works when done right or hired out like I did

Door to door - again still works when done correctly

REFERRALS! Free, terrific leads, and EASY to get when one asks the right way. If you make the phone call to me that I have been waiting for I will give you all of the details on the refferal system as well as how I filed up large rooms with affluent folks for workshops.

This business can either be the hardest $50,000 a year job you ever had or the easiest $200,000 a year job you ever dreamed of. Just a few clues and ideas separate the big winners from the masses who struggle.

PM incoiming with my new phone number, now up to you.

MARK

All YOU needed to make money was to be a fuucking liar, a cheating son of a bitch, a heartless bastard, and a useless piece of shiit. And you WERE and ARE each and everyone of those things in SPADES.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't hold back. ML.

Tell us how you really feel... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Don't hold back. ML.

I would beat him to no end given a chance.

Guess that blows the Lady thing for a while again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Don't hold back. ML.

I would beat him to no end given a chance.

Guess that blows the Lady thing for a while again.

Not at all. We'd still respect you afterwards. grin

Even more so. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
i am expanding my insurance business into financial planning, as i said before. once i am in front of people i have no issues at all with helping them and/or selling/recommending things. the problem, as with all business, is finding new faces to sit in front of.

as we know, the fastest way to lose your shirt in any business is to fail to create a stream of new prospects who need/want your product.

would love to hear your ideas on how you overcame this obstacle and what systems your implemented to be successful.

My hats off to you guys that can move and shake out there, my customers get sent to me, Wifey and Accounting firms take care of the legality/particulars, I mostly fookoff with cows and guns.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
OOPS, didn't realize this was a 2 year old thread.

In any case, YOU GO MISS LYNN!!!!!, we got your back. grin laugh

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prospect!

It's the only way to be successful at insurance, car sales, etc.

I kicked azz as an agent but hated that end of the business. I especially concentrated on new minorities. When I was an agent I had all the Filipino and Vietnamese families in the area signed to some line of insurance, and as their fortunes grew, so did mine. They had close networks in their communities, and I gave them great service.

I always asked every client if they knew anyone ELSE I could help with their insurance and planning. Then I X-dated every prospect and contacted them 60 days prior to their renewal date for their policies with other companies and agents. I sent letters and called them.

Also, watch the "Births" section of the newspaper and send the new parents a congratulatory card with contact information.

A little here and there built a good book of business.

For some stupid reason I missed claims and went back to that end of the business...BAD Move. eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 14 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.