Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
This.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
And it's not a recent Hollywood invention except perhaps for those too young to know better.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
And it's not a recent Hollywood invention except perhaps for those too young to know better.
Yep.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, look at it this way girls. Leftists do enough to damage and demean the country, why should conservatives do the same with the flag?

A distress signal with the flag is used to summon help. Who rushes in to help with an upside down flag cause someone is pizzed?

All American

All the time
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There are many nations today that retain the practice of human chattel. Should we declare war on all these nations?

No.

But I think it should not be tolerated in our country.

It was already on the verge of disappearing in the US, and had been common practice throughout the world for the vast majority of human history. The war wasn't worth the terrible consequences. Growing organized social opposition would have soon been rid of it anyway.

The civil war wasn't about slavery. If that idiot, John Wilkes Boothe, had not killed Lincoln, Lincoln would likely have sent the whole lot of them back to Africa, as he felt their presence here would cause untold turmoil and trouble. Was he EVER right about that.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
The civil war wasn't about slavery.
I know it wasn't. It was about preventing the South from seceding from the union. I was answering according to the man's premise, however, i.e., assuming for the sake of argument that it was in fact in some sense about ending slavery, it wasn't worth it for the reasons I stated. In point of fact, however, while slavery was peripherally involved in the events leading to it, it was about the principle of the right of states to secede.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by phil223
I've noticed a lot of flags turned over in Norman Ok today. Looks like people are starting to get fed up with our goverment.

Should be a hanging offence. If flag burning is disrespectful so should hanging the national flag upside down. Pretty simple really

Go on down to Oklahoma and offer to hang some folks, Brent. But give plenty of notice so I can be there to watch.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Been gone a few days, but if this country isn't in distress now, it never will be.

Those that dont' like the flag upside down evidently don't understand that its not disrespect but a reality IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My apologies are extended to Mr. David Walters. We had a surly debate going on a bit earlier. When you live long enough and see enough bad in the world it changes your perspective on things a bit. I get a bit sentimental on flag and country. The great joy in life is when the wheels of the big bird touch down or you step across the border and see the flag and know your home and as bad as it may seem it is much better than where you came from.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Nine pages of thread and I'm sure there'll be more. So, for me, I'll just repeat what a friend said at his military retirement, "If seeing Old Glory and hearing the Star Spangled Banner doesn't put a tear in your eye and a lump in your throat, you can pack your azz up and move to Iraq."

Gentleman, I have no doubt you are all Patriots.

Bob

Last edited by Akbob5; 05/19/13.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bartman
My apologies are extended to Mr. David Walters. We had a surly debate going on a bit earlier. When you live long enough and see enough bad in the world it changes your perspective on things a bit. I get a bit sentimental on flag and country. The great joy in life is when the wheels of the big bird touch down or you step across the border and see the flag and know your home and as bad as it may seem it is much better than where you came from.

Accepted and I apologize as well. The "Junior" thing was a bit immature on my part.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In general I am not opposed to American citizens hanging the American flag upside down to show distress.

I am opposed to burning the American flag by anyone, especially on our own soil.

I am extremely opposed to c'suckers flying the Mexican flag in this country and that applies to every other flag too, but this is mainly an issue with Mexican's.

I have brought this issue up before but if I worked in another country temporarily, I would not out of respect for that country, fly the American flag.

If I moved to another country, I would fly the flag of that country.

Dave

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]
NO

Umbrella challenged dufuss.
Where's the lightning when you need some?!

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Spent some time in Japan. I never could tell if their flag was upside down or right side up......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Spent some time in Japan. I never could tell if their flag was upside down or right side up......

Land of the setting sun?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,849 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.