Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I just received the Trijicon HD Night Sight for my Gen 4 Glock 19 . I installed them and they were dead on at 15 yards with no adjustment needed with the Hornady Critical Duty Ammo . I also installed the Glost 3.5 lb connector and removed the bump on the Trigger Bar that Glock has added to their newer Pistols. I polished the Firing Pin Block all the trigger parts to high gloss and a trigger pull that was just over 6 lb's is now crisp and 4lb's even .

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those sights are my next purchase for my Gen3 19...

Did you use a rear sight tool or just brute force drift them?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Sight Pusher , Trijicon warns not to beat on their sights

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's what I had read too. How much did your sight pusher cost ya, if you don't mind me asking?

IMO, that adds to the cost of the sights...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I think i payed around a 100 bucks for it , but it has payed for itself over time. If you need to install a set of sights on your Glock , you can borrow it .

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FWIW: Unless something has recently come along better, MGW (Maryland Gun Works) makes the best sight pusher out there.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/mgw-sight-tools/

Last edited by 41magfan; 05/23/13.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My LGS uses those on just about all their sight work,works great.My Heine's...
[Linked Image]

Last edited by rifle; 05/23/13.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 41magfan
FWIW: Unless something has recently come along better, MGW (Maryland Gun Works) makes the best sight pusher out there.

http://www.sightpusher.com/

I bought this one and added the blocks for other guns for 79.95 shipped. It came in about a week. So far I've used to to change out the sights on a Kimber Stainless Classic last Sunday. It seemed to work well. Haven't checked alignment yet. Maybe tomorrow night after work. I need to move the rear sight on my Glock too.

You would be welcome to borrow it, too.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I have the Heine's on my Springfield 9 mm Sub-Combat
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
I think i payed around a 100 bucks for it , but it has payed for itself over time. If you need to install a set of sights on your Glock , you can borrow it .

Very generous! Thank you! First, I have to buy the sights! laugh

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by 41magfan

http://www.sightpusher.com/

I bought this one and added the blocks for other guns for 79.95 shipped. It came in about a week. So far I've used to to change out the sights on a Kimber Stainless Classic last Sunday. It seemed to work well. Haven't checked alignment yet. Maybe tomorrow night after work. I need to move the rear sight on my Glock too.

You would be welcome to borrow it, too.

Rick i also have one of these , it works but not the best one you can buy , but it is cheap and workable.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
With the slide on its side, I used an acrylic rod + hammer with my foot on the slide while it was wedged on the corner of the floor and baseboard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just received the Trijicon HD Night Sight for my Gen 4 Glock 19 . I installed them and they were dead on at 15 yards with no adjustment needed with the Hornady Critical Duty Ammo . I also installed the Glost 3.5 lb connector and removed the bump on the Trigger Bar that Glock has added to their newer Pistols. I polished the Firing Pin Block all the trigger parts to high gloss and a trigger pull that was just over 6 lb's is now crisp and 4lb's even .

[Linked Image]

How do you like them versus Meprolight?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Much better , love the new u notch rear sight , front sight comes into focus much quicker

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Rick i also have one of these , it works but not the best one you can buy
Thanks! Good to know. I figured there were better ones out there but didn't want to take the time to pare it down. Also, I liked the additional blocks for different pistol manufacturers.

but it is cheap and workable
That was the goal this time. smile

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The best thing about this pusher it will work on just about any pistol with dovetailed sights

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am curious about the bump on the trigger bar, I need to go back and look at my new 21.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The best thing about this pusher it will work on just about any pistol with dovetailed sights
Are there other types of sights that require a sight pusher?

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am curious about the bump on the trigger bar, I need to go back and look at my new 21.

The bump on the trigger bar was put there to make sure it rides over the center of the firing pin block and it is pushing against the right side of the slide which keeps the bar pushed to the left and this friction increases you pull weight , by removing the bump it will take close to a pound of the felt trigger pull on the New Glocks .

[Linked Image][

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
10-4, I am taking mine back apart, but I already have a pretty light trigger pull on it. I like those sights!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.