24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laser eye surgery. I asked because I've heard that a lot of people who have had laser surgery loose quite a bit of their night vision for some reason. Sorry if that was a personal question.

One time a pastor asked me,
"Do you want to be the center of attention?"
"No," I told him. Then he told me that was the wrong question.
"Do you mind being the center of attention?"
The answer is still the same. I used to be a high school Sunday School teacher. Automatically, by necessity, I was the center of attention.

Personal questions don't normally bother me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Ringman
How bad is your eyesight and I don't mean that in a nasty way?

In a nasty way or a nice way my glasses corrected vision is 20/15 during the day.

Do you have vision problems?

1. I am near sighted. 2. The doctor told me on a night vision scale most folks are at fourteen. If a person sees the same in the night as the day he would be a one. If you are at thirty-six you are totally blind in darkness. He told me,
"Don't be caught out after dark without a flashlight. You are thirty-two on the scale."

The reason I include my son-in-law is because there are some here who try to disparage my comparisons of optics because of the night blindness. I wonder how they think that influences comparisons done during normal day, but they think it because they post it. My son-in-law can see in the night without a flashlight. He is approaching fifty years of age and told me the other day he noticed he can't see quite as well as he used to. I tested him by checking something with a flashlight and then going into the house and requesting him come out and tell me what is over by the big tree about fifty yards out. He got it right. So I guess he can still see O.K.

I hope this answers your question without being argumentative.

How can you evaluate the effectiveness of certain optics in the dark.? Would not your experiences differ from someone that did not have your condition?

The great Ringmans posts on optics, can be mostly ignored, as he mentioned he has poor vision,
and only offers a translation. Too bad he posts here, that is the way I see it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Laser eye surgery. I asked because I've heard that a lot of people who have had laser surgery loose quite a bit of their night vision for some reason. Sorry if that was a personal question.

I had Lasik done 6 years ago. My pupils dilate to 8mm when it gets dark. The doctor had prosthetic lenses put in that have a coating that cuts down on the glare. He was afraid that I would have too much light hitting my eye through my pupils and it would cause a glare problem. I still have to wear sunglasses during the day. I never wore them when I was wearing glasses. I was 47 when I had the Lasik procedure done. If anything, it has improved my night vision because I don't need corrective lenses (glasses) to assist in focusing a sharp image.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ralph, I'm not a doctor and I am only stating what I've heard. A lot of what you could find out about the risks of laser surgery, or possible risks, is easily found on the net. Just look around alittle. You can start here if you want or not as I really don't care.

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/nightvision.htm

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Note how a Doctor cain't fix her Imagination either. Laffin'!

Poor dumb Ringman and MagnumDoosh are always giving Pretend a [bleep] whirl,yet their delusions never pan out in Reality. Though in fairness...they're collective Dumbphucktitude is never not routinely impressive,as an absolute [bleep] minimum.

Why is it that these day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbphucks,can "know" so much,"do" so much,spend so much time "Outdoors",spend so much time "Shooting",spend so much time "working out" and yet amazingly never have a [bleep] thing other than a [bleep] Rat or a [bleep] Turkey to show for "all" of it,as a best case scenario?!!? Laffin'!

The only thing the Dumb [bleep] shoot is their mouths and Imaginations and that in no particular order. Laffin'! What would be interesting,is for 'em to actually hang pics,so as to quantify which of 'em is the most cross-eyed drooling [bleep] retard. Then the "winner" could rightfully laude them braggin' rights and set the record straight. Re-laffin'!

Best part is,the stupid [bleep] are literally [bleep] dumb enough,to allow their Imaginations to turn their Pretend "real". [bleep] wow +P+!

7mm exit last light. Be a pun to boot,though they's too stupid to savvy.

[Linked Image]

Coulda been a fluke...so here's another 7mm exit at last light. Someone 'splain to the dumb bastards,that'd be a re-pun.

[Linked Image]

I've gots me a hunch,that serious bandwidth might could get pixelated with a 7mm exit.(grin)

Cain't know which is funnier,the Do Nothing Dumbphucker's using their Imaginations to concoct "experience","knowledge" and "results"...or their using it to concoct excuses. Laffin'!

Tough [bleep] call.(grin)

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Stick, generally I enjoy your posts but this one was pretty much a rambling incoherence...please put some more effort into the next one.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Ralph, I'm not a doctor and I am only stating what I've heard. A lot of what you could find out about the risks of laser surgery, or possible risks, is easily found on the net. Just look around alittle. You can start here if you want or not as I really don't care.

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/nightvision.htm

Roy,

I didn't mean to be argumentative; I was just relating my own experience with Lasik. I followed your link and read about some of the problems with night vision as a result of having a Lasik procedure done. I believe my surgeon corrected for that when he removed my organic lenses and replaced them with prosthetic lenses. In addition to eliminating the glare at night (halos, stars, rings...etc) he had them made with vision correction built in as well. So now I have an internal set of corrective lenses that also have an anti-glare coating.

Ralph

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Farmboy1,

The great Ringmans posts on optics, can be mostly ignored, as he mentioned he has poor vision,

So corrected to 20/15 is poor vision?

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
J',

As per always,it were crystalline and concise. Them that do will savvy,them that don't...won't(can't).

Why is it,that them who most fancy themselves as rifle optics mavens(for "reasons" knowed only to them),making Thread after Thread to reiterate their perpetual Dumbphucktitude,just cain't ever get crosshairs glued to any Critters?!? I get a [bleep] kick outta it,as it never ain't not hilarious,to let Ring','Doosh,Savage99,Shefire,Jeff-O and the Do Nothing Gang,continuosly flap their gums about "all" the "particulars" of this and that,only for the sorry dumbphuckers to always come up dry. Hilarious how they can always talk it,yet can never walk it...let alone run it.(grin)

It's admittedly only funny,because they are simply doing the best they can and I appreciate the sanctity of that oblivious humor.

Then for frosting,there's the fact that the herd of them bolted together,couldn't knock the new offa used pair of boots. Please understand that I do not wish to curtail their Imaginations,let alone their Pretend and with luck the hilarity will continue,as they add more of both to yet another Optics discussion(and most hopefully this one).

This [bleep] schit is hilarious,butcha' gotta be careful...because they spook away easily!

Laffin'!

Ringman,

Poor vision is you talking out your azz,thinking noone will know any better.

Bless your heart.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by toad
despite Ringies 'comparisons', exit pupils do rate a thought. one of the downsides of too much magnification is tiny exit pupils.

It shortens eye-relief too, and being short just...sucks, yeah, short sucks.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It shortens eye-relief too,

I and my son-in-law missed something. Both my Bushnell 6500 and the Swarovski z5 eye relief do not change with changing the magnification setting.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
They say they don't change eye-relief when you crank up the magnification, but, the eye-relief still shortens a little bit and the FOV goes from hundreds of feet to tens of feet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FOV goes from hundreds of feet to tens of feet.

You got that right.

Everyday Hunter
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,261
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.