BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
My kid whacked a cow elk, called my wife for directions on cooking it. She told him "I don't know, we don't eat organ meat. Only one organ goes in my mouth."

That's just plain weird. One of these, I take it?

[Linked Image]

It's not THAT big.

Oh, OK. Let's try this again. Better?

wink

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by HawkI
Gawd I love me some Colt 45......

Bah. The Green Death is where it's at, and is what every other ML hopes to, but won't ever be. All hail!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24964/669

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can't even read about this crap much less eat it!

There is an abundance of fine meat on a deer, elk, etc. so why eat this stuff?

There is a reason God created buzzards!

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I love venison hearts pretty much any way you can cook them.

The rest I just leave in the gut pile!

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I love you guys that don't eat innards. More for me! Venison liver and onions at 8000ft has got to be about the best brakfast, lunch, dinner, or supper you can have. Lengua or tripas tacos? How can you go wrong. Never had the nuts though, but I'm no askeert of um if I get the chance.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Niiiiiice!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
I can't even read about this crap much less eat it!

There is an abundance of fine meat on a deer, elk, etc. woman so why eat this stuff?

Word for word the exact quote attributed to Torgok, ~40000 B.C. Suspected to be the oldest confirmed homo, and they didn't mean just the erectus part.

blush eek grin

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some people apparently will eat any thing. I'm now saving my deer hearts, livers, brains, eye balls, nuts, & a pecker or two for shipment to some lucky guy. I will stay with steak, chicken, & fish.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ayaup! meat's meat ain't it? wink laugh

I can understand folks not relishing things to eat. There are some things that I don't care for at all. Same with everybody. What I can't understand is not being willing to just try it once. Might not like it but never going to know if you don't try. You can always spit. sick Too many folks let their mind over rule their stomach. Just because it don't look like what you are used to eating is no sign that it is not good.

I'll say this without fear of contradiction about those who say they absolutely will not eat this that or the other. Friend, you ain't never been really hungry in your life. You get hungry enough you will eat or at least try to eat anything. shocked

As to turkey nuts I don't know where you can get them anymore. I used to have an in with a guy who worked for a big Smoked turkey place in central Texas. They did their own slaughter because they picked the type and size turkeys they wanted. He used to get me five pound boxes of turkey nuts from their slaughter line. They are better than any calf fries that ever came down the pike.

Taste more like sweetbreads (which have't been mentioned as far as I can see but are really good too eat) than they do any type of four legged animals gonads.

Anybody else relish sweet breads?

Quando Omni Moritati
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If you ever get the chance to sit down to a platter of Grand Ma Katie's fried chicken gizzards and livers and cathead biscuits, you will be rooting for your share just like the rest of us.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I cook the heart and eat it cold with horse radish.

Liver - as often as possible, my hunting buddies save liver for me when they kill a deer.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anybody else relish sweet breads?

Yep, but haven't had any in a long time. I used to work for a custom butcher when I first got out of High School and we ate all kind of things. All good too. I would not have any idea where to find sweet breads now. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The best Gizzards were from Sal's Birdland,breaded and deepfried smothered in Sal's sassy sauce

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Done all that but

I have a couple of Tongues I need to cook

How?

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When I was in Junior High in Burnsville Minnesota in the mid 70's, the local KFC had what we called "the gut box", for a dollar they had hearts, livers, necks, and gizzards fresh from the pressure cooker in the box that would have held a three piece meal. My Dad would slip by there on the way home some nights from work and pick up 3 of them. Our family of five could barely eat it all.

Something magical about chicken gizzards and pressure cooking, makes them as soft as the livers, makes me hungry just thinking about it.

When it comes to testicals, the calf, sheep, turkey, and hog, ones I have eaten fried over the years are very tasty, if you like fried foods.

Head cheese or Souse as my Grandmother called it along with beef tongue and heart was a staple for sandwiches on their farm, something we only got when visiting.

I've never ate the organs from deer or wild hogs, but would give it a try if I was around someone cooking it. Can't get my wife to buy anything of the sort of the innards variety for me other than the occasional chicken liver meal when she feels generous. I guess I need to be a big boy and cook for myself more.

Mike

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Now if you want to think you have died and gone to heaven get ahold of some turkey nuts. Lord are they gooooooooooooood.

No shyt? Hmm. Interesting. Never heard of or thought about bird jewels. I've had duck and chicken feet (Chinese style), and they weren't bad. I haven't had chicken or duck tongues, however, which are served in some places in Chinatown, I believe. Next time. wink

actually i think most of you are savages in your dietary habits. Having said that long time ago we were at a party and the wife was really munching down on these little fried up things. She was okay until she asked the host what they were, and he said turkey nuts. Pretty good actually. As to the mountain oysters, i was telling a guy about a common practice of castrating the young bulls, and throwing the nuts in a gallon can of batter, later to be fried on a piece of steel on the branding fire. Pretty good. I never did get use to the THEN steers over in the corner watching us have lunch with their private parts.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Kamo, on an unrelated topic.
Was talking to someone yesterday, 20year old is moving to japan, husband in the military. Comment was made that the Japanese Tolerate us, but in general really don't LIKE us. I thought the statement odd. What say You? I ain't trying to pick a fight with anyone, just curious.
I personally thought the statement was probably overreach.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got a mess of gizzards in the crockpot at the moment cooking Mrs. Dogzapper style.

I eat the nuts off everything I kill and fried impala liver for breakfast with eggs and potatoes was maybe the best breakfast I've ever had. When I was a kid in Indiana we used to have crispy fried pork brains on rye bread with dark mustard. Dang I miss those fried brain sandwiches!

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Never been crazy about tongue myself, but old John would give us a tongue-lashing (pun intended) if we didn't save him our moose tongues. Looks yummy, eh?

[Linked Image]

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by HawkI
Gawd I love me some Colt 45......

(Johnny Walker Red or Blue, to Travis)

I like the muthaphuckin' 8 Ball.

If you see kamo, tell him the Hawks are moving forward and he should be nervous.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,782 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.