Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
anybody use a streamlight laser-light combo mounted to the front rail of their pistol? I was curious how well the things held zero, how accurate etc. The new TLR-2G green laser seems cool.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got the old model with the red Lazer. I use mine mostly for shooting skunks & hogs at night here at the ranch. It stays on my Glock 24 Longslide Model in .40cal that I use for my "house" gun. Hope I never need to use it for bad guys.
Mine works well, but the new Model with the green Lazer would be nice. I'm just too tight to buy one! Pretty Damn Expensive, in my book! Just for a cool toy cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/27/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We have the trl1 lights on our duty guns one of the guys has one of the m6x with the lasers and doesnt seem to be a problem holding zero. Most of us have the laser maxes in our guns so i cant comment on the laser but the lights are incredibky bright

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I got one of the TLR-1 lights on a carbine and an older M6 on a G19 but wanted a light for a newish G21, so why not put the laser in there as well.

The insight technologies laser-gun combo stays pretty well zeroed but it sits on top of a dresser most of its life. It did keep me from getting mauled by a big pit last year. I was going to get a light (maybe the laser don't know) for the G21 and seek to find a holster to fit the rig. I do like the TLR-1 light but never used one of their lasers.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Jimmy, don hume makes a very good comcealed carry pancake hokster that fits guns with lights on them. I use a 6285 safariland for duty. I think safariland makes a kydex paddle holster for light mounted guns

My own opinion. If it is for a house defense gun. Get a duty type holster, and a nylon duty belt. Easy to put on and can carry a couple of spare mags right on the belt

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have one now on our SU 16 after a cheap red dot sight failed in the field. Have not tested it enough to speak much other than we love the concept, practicality and simpisity of use on a crisis intervention type of firearm like our SU-16 is.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Jimmy,

The Streamlight light-laser combo is what I was wearing when I shot this sucker:

[Linked Image]

They are a great product. I have found them to be extremely useful/practical in application.

BTW, I run mine in a Bladetech rig.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Laser/lights are great on certain guns in certain conditions. I have the Veridian Green Laser + Tactical Light sights on a couple of my guns. One is on my Beretta PX4 Storm .45 who's duty is mainly as a house gun. The other is on a Ruger SR22. The green laser shows better in daylight than the red. I have Crimson Trace red lasers on my LCR .38 and LCR .22. My main carry is a Springfield XDS .45acp and I don't feel the need for a laser on that gun.

The SR22 with a Viridian Green Laser/light

[Linked Image]

Beretta .45 with Viridian green laser/light

[Linked Image]

I was lucky to find a LH Fobus pancake holster to accomadate the laser on the Beretta

[Linked Image]

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rwl99, tha ti some serious gunnery/weaponry there!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,201
Posts18,466,042
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.