Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Since it's my only Kifaru, I'm happy with the standard T1 and have no lust for other models. Modularity is typically good however and has been a selling point for the duplex, nice, and stone glacier offerings. Good for Kifaru.

GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
T.A.K. It's better to let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it. phil

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by THE_ELK_REAPER

Take A Knee is a little off on the #'s of the Tline sales, as Kifaru has sold a few thousand, but this is the internet:), and a free country, so I guess you are allowed to pull whatever #'s out of your butt that you want...LOL

Elk can you say H-Y-P-E-R-B-O-L-E? It's one of them there literary devices that schoolmarms attempt to impart.

Yes, I can say H-Y-P-E-R-B-O-L-E, but I can also say hater, tool, misinformation and multiple other words and phrases. That doesn't mean I should, but I can say all of them and I can do it quickly at the same time.

Much like any outdoor company (Stone Glacier, Seek Outside, HPG and Mystery Ranch), Kifaru is always evolving, and if we don't build what people ask for (all of the companies), our sales will go down hill, so yes, we will always try and offer what people are requesting. But as a small company, it is hard to keep all of the packs we've ever offered. So as new models come out, old models may go to the wayside if the new model offers something more.

Again, like any other company, we try and please everyone, but some people can't be pleased, and with all the competition, they will have plenty to choose from and something from someone else may work.

Overall, the new compition on the market is keeping everyone on their toes, and that makes it better for the consumer. We enjoy the competition, as it makes us work harder on the design table. So hopefully everyone (consumers and businesses) gain from this.

Good luck to everyone this season!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
hater, tool, misinformation

Those are nice words compared to what many say about TAK.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
All I want to know is......you gonna start posting more??

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

.... I can also say hater, tool, misinformation and multiple other words and phrases. That doesn't mean I should, but I can say all of them and I can do it quickly at the same time.

Okay, you resort to name calling because I don't happen to like Kifaru's pocket layout. Maybe you have some "tipi-testing" of competitors' products you need to do.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Don't know about 'marms, but it do appear someone got schooled.

Bite me Smoke.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Should have taken my advice TAK, you just proved it again! phil

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Calvin
hater, tool, misinformation

Those are nice words compared to what many say about TAK.

Enlighten us all Obiwan, and what say you?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Don't know about 'marms, but it do appear someone got schooled.

Bite me Smoke.

Hug a root.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for all the free bumps,

But maybe We could stay on topic?

I'll be ordering a T2 this weekend,

and I might just order a frickin T3 also, at the same time.

Damn the torpedoes......Full speed ahead......

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Thanks for all the free bumps,

But maybe We could stay on topic?

I'll be ordering a T2 this weekend,

and I might just order a frickin T3 also, at the same time.

Damn the torpedoes......Full speed ahead......

I am pretty sure you will be happy with your choice! That is a great pack and there is a lot of happy T2 users out there. I carried my T2 last year all the time and packed out enough meat with it to realize its fine qaulities. If you have any questions or concerns be sure to get ahold of Kifaru before you order or after and their customer service will likely get you through anything that you need help with.

Since last year I have upgraded to a DT1 and a Bikini/Highcamp 4800. Through luck of the draw between myself, my dad, and friends I hope to get my packs bloody this season!

Again I am confident that T2 will suit your needs and you will be happy with it.

>>>--DON'T TREAD ON ME--->
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good purchase!!! You will be happy!

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
What twintips16 said!
"Enjoy"

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

.... I can also say hater, tool, misinformation and multiple other words and phrases. That doesn't mean I should, but I can say all of them and I can do it quickly at the same time.

Sorry I didn't reply quicker, as I was in the wilderness for the last couple days working on new packs that people won't buy....not in Georgia, acting like I know what I'm doing:)

Okay, you resort to name calling because I don't happen to like Kifaru's pocket layout. Maybe you have some "tipi-testing" of competitors' products you need to do.

I didn't call you any names directly, just words that I'm capable of saying, BUT if I was going to call you something, I would get banned.... AND, I don't care if you don't like the pockets on the Timberline, as you would bitch about nickle day at the cat house! What does bother me is, well, YOU!

And if the best you can come up with is "go test a tipi", than you've got no game! Are you sure you were a soldier??? Rangers Lead The Way!

Anyway, back on topic.....

Kenneth, call me Monday and I'll get you squared away. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We'll be calling as well to see about getting another rig going and hope to stop by next week. Ignore works great on TAK by the way. Hoping you have a long slick bag around that we could check out sizing on.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Lets pick a pack,

Was thinking of going with the T3, main emphasis was daypack with overnight capabilities. But at 600 coins for a daypack, why?

Mainly a daypack, again with overnight/weekend capability's, once in a while a quarter of a big game animal.

What options? what lid, I'm thinking standard lid, cost wise and weight wise.

Color likely to be foliage green, maybe multicam. Any one know the cost diff between the two? I can't find that on the website.

Any pockets that are must have?

Stays, Composite or Aluminum? 26 inch or 24? I believe I have a long torso(21+)

Lets hear it......

Have you considered a custom fitted pack by Dan McHale? I own three of them and have been quite pleased with his suspension on each of them. You can pick the exact features/colors that you want and I really think that you could get a custom fit for less than $600 if you select cordura instead of dyneema or dyneema grid.

$600 coins for a "production pack" seems outrageous from my point of view, sorry Kifaru fans.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Never tried a McHale but, IMO, it won't carry better than a Kifaru waistbelt. Might be as good, but not better. The KU belt and their KU laminated stays work like a champ for me. YMMV. I haven't gotten my hands on a Bikini frame yet but I think they've got that dialed in. It is basically a high-tech version of what people have used in the mountains for eons. Packbags wear out, sometimes you need a big one, sometimes you don't, sometimes you don't need a packbag at all.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Vigilguy

Have you considered a custom fitted pack by Dan McHale?

Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no,
We're not going there..at all, no....

Problem is, these last few days,

I've discovered I have a vagina, can't make decisions for nothing, I resemble my wife picking out new shoes...

Thought I wanted the T3, but 600 for a daypack is over the top,

After many P.M.s, (thanks guys) I was going toward the duplex with T2 bag, the downside was weight, almost 7 lbs,not so cool for a guy who really is looking for a daypack with possible 1-2 overnight capabilities. The Duplex frame alone with the grab-it has endless possibilities

Due to the weight of the Duplex T2, I started looking at the bikini with t3 bag, Bikini has good reviews, good venting for the back, lightweight, Win Win.. No bottom access on the T3, but what the hell, Like there really is a perfect pack out there.

High camp bag has no pockets, and I like pockets, if I need to start adding accessory pockets, then weight and money starts adding up...

[bleep] me, I resemble Jeff_0

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Kenneth, call me Monday and I'll get you squared away. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Ah, actually we were talking last Monday, We were cut short and You said you would call me back,,

I've been patiently sitting by the phone for the last 144 hours.. whistle

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (14idaho, 35, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 701 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,519
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.