Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am in the process of finishing my basement here in Colorado and we are trying to decide on flooring.

Have any of you all had experience with Vinyl plank flooring? We are looking at Coretec Plus. It looks good and is waterproof and mildew resistant. Sounds like a good option for a basement.

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated

http://www.fcnews.net/2013/01/usfloors-launching-lvt-line-with-coretec-plus-technology/
COREtec Plus represents a revolution in luxury vinyl flooring and is your #1 alternative to laminate flooring, glue down LVT, or solid locking LVT. COREtec Plus is an entirely new category of vinyl called Engineered Luxury Vinyl flooring. The patent-pending* construction of COREtec Plus features our innovative COREtec core structure, which is an extruded core made from recycled wood and bamboo dust, limestone, and virgin PVC. Since COREtec Plus is 100% waterproof, COREtec Plus floors can be installed in wet areas and will never swell when exposed to water. Because COREtec Plus is inert and dimensionally stable, it will not expand or contract and never needs expansion strips in large rooms. Each COREtec Plus plank has an attached cork underlayment for a quieter, warmer vinyl floor that is naturally resistant to odor causing mold and mildew.
COREtec Plus features the most popular looks in hardwood, stone and slate flooring and is milled with the Drop and Lock profile for the easiest glue-free installation.
*COREtec Plus is a patent-pending product exclusive to USFloors Inc.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No experience with that particular one. The house we moved into had the upstairs done in a vinyl plank and an entry area in a plant I work at has a vinyl plank. While they look decent enough, they still look like vinyl planks. smile

If it were my basement, I'd either tile it or if the floor is decent enough, stain it. I saw a basement a few years ago that had been concrete sawed an 1/8 inch deep or so about 4" apart and then a stain mixture applied, gave it a wood floor appearance, and the guy that owned the house said maintenance and cleaning was a breeze.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Make sure your floor is totally flat and the adhesive you are using doesn't have an issue with moisture. The LVT will show every imperfection of the floor below it and some of the adhesives out there do not work well with even a hint of moisture from the floor below.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We used vinyl plank flooring by Allure for our entry/ laundry room. Looks OK, but most importantly, it was economical and durable.

Its a floating floor, uses no glue and installs quickly and easily with minimal tools.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just installed some in a basement our company has been working on. It is pretty nice stuff and great for a basement. I'm not sure if the stuff I put in is exactly like the one you are looking at but this one was a friction fit tongue and groove and a rubber mallet made installing much quicker and easier. If you can rent a shear it will also speed up your install. Good luck.

Gerry.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Fake wood flooring looks like fake wood flooring. I am with cheezy. I have seen some real nice decorative paint jobs on floors. With tile or paint you don't have to worry so much about moisture. My 2 cents from an ex real estate appraiser.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is the most realistic fake floor I've ever used. We did the entire bar floor and the bar itself. Most cannot tell its not real. The key is to use the primer coat first to get good adhesion. I'll post a photo. We used the rustic type.

Here's pics sorry they are blurry. Cheap phone.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Cartod; 06/09/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't speak to vinyl flooring but I also put wood flooring down in a basement that would on occasion get 1 - 3 inches of standing water during bad rainstorms.

I went thru quite an effort to make sure the water was diverted before I finished the basement, then put down cheap carpeting for a few years to make sure our water diversion efforts were effective.

About 3 years ago I put down wood flooring. On top of the concrete I put down a product called Delta V, which is kind of a heavy duty bubble wrap (not really but I don't know any better way to describe it) which would channel any water that came up or in to a sump pump at one end and a floor drain at the other. Then I put plywood on top of the Delta V (also I should say the seems interlock on the Delta V) and then put down my flooring. I keep a dehumidifier down there running all the time and I've never had problems with buckling and it looks great, similar to the pictures above.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This is the stuff we are looking at....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Cartod,

Is that the CoreTec Plus stuff?

Last edited by huntsonora; 06/09/13.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my younger days I sold and installed flooring, Put this stuff down and if your floor has any imperfections it will look like hell. Eithe saw and stain the concreate (or acid etc and stain is really nice) or put down a laminated hardwood. Its built on a plywood board, and has a 1/8" hardwood veneer, but is much more moisture tolerant than a standard 5/8 or 3/4" hardwood.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We did our utility room & a bathroom with Home Depot's Allure version ALLURE It's easy to do but takes some planning to avoid waste. If you're careful and think ahead, you can end up with almost no waste at all. They only sell it in full cartons and I had to buy a full one to get the 1 piece I needed. I guess I'll have extra for patching later.
I can tell you from experience that when a washing machine's water level tube breaks and it overflows, water WILL get under the flooring around the edges & through a floor dryer vent.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP,

You didn't ask and I don't know what your big picture for the space is but have you considered an epoxy floor paint? I'm in the process of cleaning a concrete floor to prep it for that kind of basement floor in the mancave. 32 sq yards worth.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
if you stay away from the high gloss finishes its not as much of a problem.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I wont have a washing machine down there but I do have 2 50 gallon hot water heaters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
dob a moister test before you glue it down.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
L
Most likely, if it's a dissolvable ground stain. All the same, it would appear to install well to utilize stains intended for concrete.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Incredible dead thread revival for a first post. And an absolutely oblique reply too. Great entry!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is pretty odd......he's gonna fit right in....welcome LG.

Now GFY.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BOT pretty obviously, best not to add to the post. Slipped by Rick, but he has been notified.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 73 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.