Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
496 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Your Hired Help (NSA) can turn on your cell, even if it is off, and use it as a microphone to listen to what you are say in a room.

They all need to be fired. Time to hire new government officials! Maybe that is one of many tips the have received from China.

AN OATH IS NOT SOMETHING YOU GIVE BACK UNLESS YOUR A POLITICIAN!

RACISM ALWAYS EQUALS FEAR!

THE WANTS OF THE FEW SHOULD NOT OUTWEIGH THE RIGHT OF THE MANY!
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Maybe the newer stuff.. Mine's so old, it came with a hand-crank and a female operator..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Maybe the newer stuff.. Mine's so old, it came with a hand-crank and a female operator..

I bet her name was Sarah.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone who watches Burn Notice ought to know this already.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's been able to be accomplished since the beginning of cell phones, nothing new there.

There is a reason one doesn't have a cell phone on them in secure locations. If you don't want anyone to hear your conversation (besides the person you are talking to face to face), don't have a cell phone present.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
To those of us who've had our eyes open for many years, not a single one of the recent revelations are the least bit surprising. It's the nature of the state to abuse power. Give a power to the state and it will be abused, sure as shootin.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
To those of us who've had our eyes open for many years
===========

TFF. Your eyes have only seen the inside of your ass and sand,choir boy.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 496
Your Hired Help (NSA) can turn on your cell, even if it is off, and use it as a microphone to listen to what you are say in a room.

I am going to have to slightly disagree with this. Do you have a source for this information?

Have an A1 Day!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It can be done, I assure you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter
Originally Posted by 496

I am going to have to slightly disagree with this. Do you have a source for this information?
Respectfully, wake up and do your homework, this is OLD NEWS.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2006/12/can_you_hear_me/

Cell phone users, beware. The FBI can listen to everything you say, even when the cell phone is turned off. A recent court ruling in a case against the Genovese crime family revealed that the FBI has the ability from a remote location to activate a cell phone and turn its microphone into a listening device that transmits to an FBI listening post, a method known as a "roving bug." Experts say the only way to defeat it is to remove the cell phone battery. "The FBI can access cell phones and modify them remotely without ever having to physically handle them," James Atkinson, a counterintelligence security consultant, told ABC News. "Any recently manufactured cell phone has a built-in tracking device, which can allow eavesdroppers to pinpoint someone�s location to within just a few feet," he added.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2UTqrY5HgV4[/video]

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html

The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations.

The technique is called a "roving bug," and was approved by top U.S. Department of Justice officials for use against members of a New York organized crime family who were wary of conventional surveillance techniques such as tailing a suspect or wiretapping him.

Nextel cell phones owned by two alleged mobsters, John Ardito and his attorney Peter Peluso, were used by the FBI to listen in on nearby conversations. The FBI views Ardito as one of the most powerful men in the Genovese family, a major part of the national Mafia.

The surveillance technique came to light in an opinion published this week by U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan. He ruled that the "roving bug" was legal because federal wiretapping law is broad enough to permit eavesdropping even of conversations that take place near a suspect's cell phone.

Kaplan's opinion said that the eavesdropping technique "functioned whether the phone was powered on or off." Some handsets can't be fully powered down without removing the battery; for instance, some Nokia models will wake up when turned off if an alarm is set.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn.
How smart are the Amish now?

Have an A1 Day!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter
Damn.
How smart are the Amish now?

Smart. They build good furniture, and a helluva barn.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
They only do it for very good, and necessary reasons... Tick, tock.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep and then they can locate your terrorist ass with its GPS.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I never knew that , but it doesn't surprise me one bit
I don't have a personal phone , just a company one and i don't really want that either

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
NSA, Government Hired Help Can Turn On Your Cell Phone

Well, post their number so that I can contact them the next time I lose my rotten phone.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hone
I never knew that , but it doesn't surprise me one bit
I don't have a personal phone , just a company one and i don't really want that either

Bet the government has that number and knows who's pocket it is in.

NRA Lifetime Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
114 members (338reddog, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 35, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,442 guests, and 717 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.