Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No you're not!

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I like mine. Nobody else has to. Most of you know that when I kill a critter, I have someone put some of the blood in the tigers' mouth to "Feed the tiger". My jump wings say GFY.

[Linked Image]

I bet yer little kitty would love some fresh fish. Cats dig the stuff, I'm tellin' ya...

wink

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Tattoos are just markings...like a book, which gives the reader an opportunity for interpretation. The only fast rule is that a tat, which was done voluntarily, is an effort to tell people somebody something important. The message received is often not that which is intended.

Pretty astute observation,IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tattoos you pay for. Scars you earn.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have been picking up some extra retirement money teaching shooting & gun laws for a private security company. Any visible tattoos & any security company & most law enforcement agencies will not consider the individual for employment. Years ago when a manager for an electrical manufacturer I had an engineer that had a tattoo on his forearm. He wore long sleeve shirts in July. While I don't need or want a tattoo I could care less what other people do with their bodies.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It just struck me - you know what would make a really cool tattoo - a pair of bull nuts.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One guy whom I know uses that very thing as his business logo � http://www.bullberry.com/. Y'oughta see the big sign outside his shop! laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was at a caravel recently and went into one of the old time freak shows. That actually had a woman there who had no tattoos at all. It been a long time since I've seen that and well worth the price of admission to see a woman free of comic book art.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting thread here... Even though I don't have a tatoo. Once upon a time I ALMOST did. Back in 1970 as a 20 yr. old Marine. Almost got a small banner near the top of my left shoulder with the letters "U.S.M.C." on it. Know what stopped me? Growing up around a lot of WWII vets, most of whom had a tatoo. Especially my dad's pal, named Bud; at a picnic when I was 9 or 10 (would have been 1959 or '60) I asked him to pull up his sleeve a bit higher so I could see his tatoo. Upon seeing it I exclaimed, "Wow, that's really neat!". Then Bud told me; "Yeah, I thought it was really neat too in 1943 but now I'm so damn sick of looking at it". So in 1970 I had this vision of myself in future years looking at my tatoo and regretting it. So I figured "right now I'll save my money and think about the tatoo later". But then I never got around to it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Sometimes the tattoo covers up the scars you didn't earn and didn't want, but someone wanted you to have them anyways....

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Sometimes the tattoo covers up the scars you didn't earn and didn't want, but someone wanted you to have them anyways....

excellent observasion Miss Lynn ,lot of scars hiding behind Real and Invisable walls also.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ssn on the bottom of your foot would be a good one. Always put a Id number under the arm of my dogs.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 06/15/13.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
... Always put a Id number under the arm of my dogs.

That's a good idea. I had my dog chipped as a pup, and when I took her to the Vet for one of her yearly checkups/shots, they couldn't find the chip for quite a while. I thought if she got lost and ended up in a pound somewhere, they may not invest the time it took that Vet to find the dog's chip, and I may be out of a dog as a result.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
I spent ten years as a funeral director...all your tattoos will eventually look like blotchy stains on your skin. Of course you won't care by then, but there will be some time before you do die, that no one will have a clue what your tattoo is supposed to represent.

"no one will have a clue what your tattoo is supposed to represent."

No problem! It will say I WAS AN IDIOT!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
I spent ten years as a funeral director...all your tattoos will eventually look like blotchy stains on your skin. Of course you won't care by then, but there will be some time before you do die, that no one will have a clue what your tattoo is supposed to represent.

"no one will have a clue what your tattoo is supposed to represent."

No problem! It will say I WAS AN IDIOT!!

You are probably right as you already sound like one now.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Our middle daughter has a couple very unobtrusive tats that cost her big. One is on the back of her neck and the other on her ring finger. They kept her out of the Coast Guard and the navy. She studied criminal justice and had to have them removed before she could attempt to find a police job, which she's now working on finding.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most tats are just way too poor in the art department. Seen an attractive young women in the bank one day with an eyeball on the back of her neck. Art was damn good, tattoo was freaking me out! Wonder what her grandkids will think of it?

Sean
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Tattoo = old Indian word for bad decision maker................................................................................................................. smile

!!

Gotta love the humor of Stephen Lynch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwAiFWCiOH8

Last edited by Hairtrigger; 06/16/13.

I am one gun away from happy
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have seen the tiger fed haha.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot!!
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
662 members (257_X_50, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 77 invisible), 2,947 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.