Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
My daughter's ex-boyfriend gifted her with an Jimenez J A Nine 9mm Black/Chrome with two mags a couple months before they broke up.

She brought it and a couple boxes Cor-Bon +P 125 gr HP out to show Dad.

I suggested she absolutely not run any +P through the gun. Right or Wrong????

I see the pistol listed on Gunbroker for as little as $169. I figured that must mean it is a POS.

It looks like this one:

[Linked Image]

The trigger is absolutely atrocious. I kept double checking the safety, but determined the trigger was just "That Stiff".

We ran a box of Winchester FMJ through the gun. I shot about a 12 inch group for ten rounds at ten yds. My 35 YO 5' 8" daughter hit a forty pound orange box three out of ten times at seven yds.

Then she put six into 5 inches with my 41 mag at fifteen yds.

My daughter locked the pistol up in my safe before she went home. We are wondering, what should we do with it?

I am taking the grand kids to the lake fishing in a couple weeks, The water is about 150 ft deep in front of the dam, the pistol might make a good sinker.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've not heard a thing good about them. Similar complaints, particularly the poor triggers.

Brandon Gleason
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
They are pretty crappy guns, they are the Jennings pistols of old. If you have one that will function, shoot it. They are not very accurate and should not see +p loads. They are a $100 gun, sort of like a high point.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They are the follow-on to the Jennings/Bryco/Phoenix Arms, Raven brand names, IIRC. They moved out of California because of the political climate/lawsuit losses/re-organization because of bankruptcy stuff they were going through.

Regardless, they are crap.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"I am taking the grand kids to the lake fishing in a couple weeks, The water is about 150 ft deep in front of the dam, the pistol might make a good sinker."

You have the correct idea....Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
daughter's ex-boyfriend gifted her

I hope her next one has better sense.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Don't get me started on my oldest daughter's choices in men!

I keep hoping, so far, "NO Joy".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My mother-in-law bought one of these in .380 a couple of years back. It is a POS. The trigger was bad--bad enough that my wife and mother-in-law each had trouble with the trigger weight and trying to get it to fire. It had a cocking indicator with a little plastic orange knob that would stick out of the back of the receiver--the plastic knob came out and the cocking indicator was non-functional from then on.

The recoil spring was REALLY stiff too. The ladies (I use that term loosely for my MIL) really had to strain to rack the slide and put one in the pipe.

When I tried to fire it the slide would cut the web of my hand between my thumb and index...

The mag release on the bottom of the grip was way too small and heaven forbid if you ever had to do a reload in a defensive situation you might as well just throw it at the aggressor. Of course this should NEVER be the primary defense piece.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I had to guess that thing is gonna be a fixed barrel 9mm, very similar to a Bryco I had years ago. Attrocious recoil and 2 foot 25 yard groups from a rest. I'd pass it on for whatever you can get outta it and slap the ex-BF up side the head. More than once.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
490 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,185 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.