las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by DINK
Cops aren't cheap. We are pooooooooor.

Unfortunately there is a difference.... frown

And then there are the rest of us.

I believe it was Pat McManus that penned the line (I'm paraphrasing I'm sure), "He was almost at the poverty level - and he could have reached it with a little more income".

smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DINK
Cops aren't cheap. We are pooooooooor.

Unfortunately there is a difference.... frown

Sadly, I'm both cheap and poor so I know what you're talking about.

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yep, I've been back less than two weeks from my first. My PH says he has an elephant hunt in Botswana for this year which was not yet booked. I'm seriously considering it, even though I definitely can't afford it. Damn bankers and good credit rating!

Dale

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I suggest before heading back you give north BC a go for elk, moose, goat, what have you via fly in and horse. Nothing compares...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I dunno about that. I did a 10-day northern BC hunt for moose, elk and caribou in 2002, and it was one of the best hunts I've ever made, with a very good moose, a decent 6x6 elk, and many adventures with grizzlies and other animals. (Saw some caribou too, but not one I wanted to take.)

But I would still rate it behind a 10-day hunt I made in the Okavango Delta of Botswana the next year, which is wild Africa at it's finest. Got my first buffalo and several nice plains game trophies, but just being there among elephants, lions, leopards, hippos, wild dogs, and far more other animals (not to mention birds) than BC holds was amazing.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I dunno about that. I did a 10-day northern BC hunt for moose, elk and caribou in 2002, and it was one of the best hunts I've ever made, with a very good moose, a decent 6x6 elk, and many adventures with grizzlies and other animals. (Saw some caribou too, but not one I wanted to take.)

But I would still rate it behind a 10-day hunt I made in the Okavango Delta of Botswana the next year, which is wild Africa at it's finest. Got my first buffalo and several nice plains game trophies, but just being there among elephants, lions, leopards, hippos, wild dogs, and far more other animals (not to mention birds) than BC holds was amazing.

Just a wild azzed guess that the next trip he suggested is not for buffalo... I considered a buff hunt when I did my first BC hunt with Stone Mountain Safaris five years ago and opted for the latter. No regrets. I was considering a proper buffalo/sable hunt upon retirement in a few years but have decided a BC trip, maybe grizzly as well. When I can no longer climb mountains I will go chase Africa's big game. Cost is a push I suspect.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (007FJ, 1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,659
Posts18,455,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.