I was extremely excited about the new Tamron 90mm f2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro lens when I first got mine and started shooting. Since I have had it now a couple of months my enthusiasm has increased that much more. I am blown away with the sharpness of this lens! I even did some shooting without a tripod utilizing the VC (Vibration Compensation) feature and really was surprised at how well it did.
Let me run down the list of the great features in the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro lens :
Vibration Compensation, 2 XLD (Extra Low dispersion) glass elements, 1 LD (Low Dispersion) element, Rounded diaphragm for better blurring of the background, new eBAND coating which will reduce flare and ghosting to a minimum, 1:1 life size magnification ratio, Internal Focusing keeping the external length consistent and makes using a circular polarizer easier, new moisture resistant construction, USD (Ultra Silent Drive) quiet focusing ensures quick accurate focus, full time manual focus is available even during auto focus mode allowing you to make minor adjustments, and lastly Di which is optimized for full frame sensors but will work perfectly with cropped sensor cameras as well!
And starting today, July 1, 2013, there is a $100 rebate on the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro lens!!! Joel at Camera Land is ready to get yours shipped out to you today! Give him a call and make sure as always you let him know you are a member of the Campfire!
All the photos below were shot using the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro lens. The first shot was done using the Vibration Compensation feature the remaining shots were done utilizing a tripod.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.