Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kushtekaa
Originally Posted by msuhunter
AR-10 or Remington R-25. In 243,7-08, or 308

I like this idea of the R-25 in 7-08mm. How difficult is it to break down & reassemble?

Also, like all the other ideas as well, keep 'em coming. Thanks

Literally a matter of dropping the magazine, pushing out the two lower receiver pins, and stowing it away. An R-25 in 243, 260, or 7mm-08 would be hard to argue against. I'd probably get a collapsible M4 style stock for it as well, if concerned about overall length.

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
If you want to go cheap, a H&R single shot is a single screw take down and won't cost much. The couple I have seen shoot very well.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by noKnees
If you want to go cheap, a H&R single shot is a single screw take down and won't cost much. The couple I have seen shoot very well.

With a Choate composite stock and composite forend, this could be a viable suggestion! With a 22inch bbl OAL would be @ 38inches .....

I still would want a (ltwt) 7-30W or 7-30Imp, if not a .243, .250Sav, .260Rem or 7mm-08.

Only the .243 and 7mm-08 are factory offerings, and the .243 doesn't always shoot well in Handi's.

Easiest route would be to find or set up a 7mm-08 lightweight.

Couple of members on the Graybeardoutdoors site own and shoot the 7mm-08 ltwt. wink

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Are Browning Lever Actions takedowns? I think they are and they come in great cartridges as well.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Originally Posted by Kushtekaa
Originally Posted by msuhunter
AR-10 or Remington R-25. In 243,7-08, or 308

I like this idea of the R-25 in 7-08mm. How difficult is it to break down & reassemble?

Also, like all the other ideas as well, keep 'em coming. Thanks

Literally a matter of dropping the magazine, pushing out the two lower receiver pins, and stowing it away. An R-25 in 243, 260, or 7mm-08 would be hard to argue against. I'd probably get a collapsible M4 style stock for it as well, if concerned about overall length.

Maybe 30 seconds to break down your first time you do it. It's by far the easiest of all the other mentioned other than the folding stock encore. But I bet the r25 will be more accurate more times than not than the encore but that's just and educated guess

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I would suggest a TCR-83 or TCR-87 rifle, which has interchangeable barrels available in a plethora of chamberings.

It's an easily-scopable, break-open single-shot rifle that takes down as easily as a single-barrel shotgun - pop off the forend & unhook the barrel (done).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It ain't no fun, when the rabbit's got the gun
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Kushtekaa,
What's the longest measurement of your panniers?
Are they hard or soft?
I have a few of the rifles mentioned is why I ask and I just bought my first Dual Sport (Super Sherpa) last month so I am interested in seeing what you come up with..

I don't have to drive on the highway to get where I hunt so I just slung my 16 1/2" barreled .358 across my chest with the barrel down to bear hunt this spring..
Hard to make it out as a rifle slung that way..

Funny thing while you don't like your BLR I just got my old .308 BLR out last night thinking it might be one of the better candidates for this style hunting as it would be quick to bring into action if I saw a wolf crossing the old logging roads I hunt..
There is lots of wolf tracks and crap on these roads in the spring..
Plus I like the way they handle when set up with a peep site..
Be sure to post what you come up with..
I couldn't find much info out there even after doing a search on the advrider.com site..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Browning Superposed Continental over/under in 270 or 30-06, or is 6-9K over budget?

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Don't have the panniers yet, but have the skillset to make my own if I have to. Another option I saw recently here on the Fire is a Model 8 or 81 remington semi-auto; A Browning design with the humpback. Supposedly they are a take-down. Can anyone vouch for this?

Originally Posted by Nrut
Kushtekaa,
What's the longest measurement of your panniers?
Are they hard or soft?
I have a few of the rifles mentioned is why I ask and I just bought my first Dual Sport (Super Sherpa) last month so I am interested in seeing what you come up with..

I don't have to drive on the highway to get where I hunt so I just slung my 16 1/2" barreled .358 across my chest with the barrel down to bear hunt this spring..
Hard to make it out as a rifle slung that way..

Funny thing while you don't like your BLR I just got my old .308 BLR out last night thinking it might be one of the better candidates for this style hunting as it would be quick to bring into action if I saw a wolf crossing the old logging roads I hunt..
There is lots of wolf tracks and crap on these roads in the spring..
Plus I like the way they handle when set up with a peep site..
Be sure to post what you come up with..
I couldn't find much info out there even after doing a search on the advrider.com site..

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Here is another route for hunting off your bike..
Quite a few ideas about trailers both homemade and commercial:

1. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113997
2. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742318

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Home made using a MTB wheel..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,844 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.