Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 74 of 116 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 115 116
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
It means that she is not connecting with him. Translation, he's lost her. On the other hand nothing is guaranteed.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Good Lord! This prosecutor reeks of desperation. It's painfully clear that he has nothing left but to try to serve some innuendo soup. I'm hoping the jury has no appetite for it.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if the defense will take his bait, & waste time (and the jury's attention) trying to refute all this BS, point-by-point. In my mind, the defense ought to take 10 minutes, or less:

1) Eye witness places TM straddling & beating GZ
2) GZ was in fear of his life from the beating, & from being shot with his own gun if TM were to gain control of it
3) GZ, being unable to retreat, or to defend himself physically, shoots TM.

Nothing else matters.

FC

Would the defense be out of line to do something like this? grin

Sorry, just thought a bit of levity might be welcome.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would start off the closing by saying something like this:

Members of the jury, at the beginning of this case, the prosecution told you that my client killed Trayvon Martin not because he had to, but because he wanted to. That was a lie and the prosecution knew it was a lie when they said it. They have not presented one bit of evidence to support their outrageous claim for one simple reason - they didn't have any. Lack of evidence does not matter to the prosecution. They just want you to hate George Zimmerman for defending his life. If the state is willing to tell you an outrageous lie at the beginning of this trial just to smear my client, why should you trust anything that they have said? I maintain that the only thing you can trust from this prosecution is the evidence they have presented, and that evidence overwhelmingly supports that my client, George Zimmerman, reluctantly shot Trayvon Martin because he was reasonably in fear of death or great bodily harm.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick

Members of the jury, at the beginning of this case, the prosecution told you that my client killed Trayvon Martin not because he had to, but because he wanted to. That was a lie and the prosecution knew it was a lie when they said it. They have not presented one bit of evidence to support their outrageous claim for one simple reason - they didn't have any. Lack of evidence does not matter to the prosecution. They just want you to hate George Zimmerman for defending his life. If the state is willing to tell you an outrageous lie at the beginning of this trial just to smear my client, why should you trust anything that they have said? I maintain that the only thing you can trust from this prosecution is the evidence they have presented, and that evidence overwhelmingly supports that my client, George Zimmerman, reluctantly shot Trayvon Martin because he was reasonably in fear of death or great bodily harm.

I like it, but I'd swap out "lie", for "attempt to deceive the jury", a couple times.

Makes the lies a personal offense to the jurists.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The PA is shouting. YELLING at the jury. All while he's straddling the dummy, putting Trayvon in the attack position. This guy is at atupid, strategically, as he is annoying and abrasive.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This guy obviously NEVER watched Law & Order...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Thanks, T.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good point but "lie" is an impact word. Libs have proven how effective it can be in persuading the public. Examples include "Bush lied, people died" and all the dems who flat out said that Romney "lied in the debates". Maybe it should be "The prosecution lied to you when they said that."

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good point but "lie" is an impact word. Libs have proven how effective it can be in persuading the public. Examples include "Bush lied, people died" and all the dems who flat out said that Romney "lied in the debates". Maybe it should be "The prosecution lied to you when they said that."

Quite possibly the best of both.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
The PA is shouting. YELLING at the jury. All while he's straddling the dummy, putting Trayvon in the attack position. This guy is at atupid, strategically, as he is annoying and abrasive.

I've never witnessed a trial where the prosecution uses drama queen bullshitt, and twisting of the evidence, while the defense simply presents the facts. No offense to my attorney friends, but this role reversal thingy is just too weird.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Outstanding...

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
THAT was their closing? For REAL?

That was worse than the last episode of Seinfeld.

He couldn't have looked any more disinterested in what he doing than he did during the last 2 minutes.

Wow.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
THAT was their closing? For REAL?

That was worse than the last episode of Seinfeld.

He couldn't have looked any more disinterested in what he doing than he did during the last 2 minutes.

Wow.

FC

Please tell me you're talking about the prosecution. (I'm not able to watch here at work)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the prosecution did an outstanding job proving Zimmermans innocence.
Unfortunately for Zimmerman, if he is found guilty or innocent he's dead. They'll kill him in prison or in the street.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have not listened to many prosecution closing arguments; but that was disconnected and pathetic. I felt like I listened to a 2 hour joke with no punch line.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Unfortunately for Zimmerman, if he is found guilty or innocent he's dead. They'll kill him in prison or in the street.

Nah. Even if he were convicted (which would surprise me greatly) he will be protected, if not released, and win on appeal. Either way, he will be a rich man.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They threw up a slide on self defense titled

"Must There Be injuries?" It said:

Not Absolutely Required...
(NOT REQUIRED AT ALL!!!!)

He was interpreting the law, which isn't allowed in closing - I'm surprised they didn't object because the statement is false.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 07/11/13.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow -- that was pathetic. They didn't even talk about any physical evidence other than that Martin didn't have blood on his hands as evidence, just tried to say Zim was a liar.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Wow -- that was pathetic. They didn't even talk about any physical evidence other than that Martin didn't have blood on his hands as evidence, just tried to say Zim was a liar.
Despicable tactics from beginning to end. None of it based on an honest and dispassionate analysis of the facts. Just designed to inspire hatred for the man so as to evoke a guilty verdict based on that feeling of hate. The whole team should be disbarred, and that goes for the judge, too.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The women 'experts' on Fox said it was an effective closing argument...which gets us back to the 'woman question' regarding the jury.

Flip a coin gents.

Last edited by Ghostinthemachine; 07/11/13.
Page 74 of 116 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 160user, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.