G
Thank you!

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Kevin,
May I ask for a small description of the different materials available for a 3900 roll top bag, and their differences in weight and in price?
VX21 X-Pac
X33 X-Pac
VX07 X-Pac
VX42 X-Pac
Cordura
Dyneema
Spectra
Cuben Fiber
210 D Ripstop Nylon
Pack Cloth
Thank you!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Not all of those will we make a pack out of, but many we can or can incorporate in, but using "some" of those results in more of our custom shop and a price quote.

We do use regularly the following:

VX21 our most popular. 3900 Weight with side zip is 15 ounces. Stone Gray
X33 , this replaces our VX33. It is a bit lighter than the VX33 was but retains the same 330D Cordura face on the interior, but looses a little abrasion resistance on the interior. As far as XPAC goes, The VX series has a significant interior layer. The weight is within an ounce of VX21, it does cost a bit more, about $30 - $40 on a pack bag.
210D Tan Double Ripstop. This is a lightweight but strong fabric. It;s not stiff, like XPAC, and I have grown to like the stiffness of XPAC. 10 ounces on 3900
VX07 - Same as VX07 but lighter. Weight is about 12 ounces for a pack bag. This would be custom shop and have some surcharges depending on color availability etc.

What would be custom:
Cordura - Standard 500D Cordura. not waterproof, but water resistant, pack cover recommended in wet environments. We have black in stock, a custom color would require some surcharge. Weight probably 18 ounces on a 3900

VX42- XPAC This is a heavy duty XPAC. It is more abrasion resistant than Cordura based on various lab tests due to it's smooth finish. Color Black only, weight approx 20 ounces on a 3900 There would be some surcharge

Cuben Fiber - 2,9 ounce Cuben, this will weigh around 10 ounces in a 3900. It has a stiff feel like XPAC. Waterproof fabric, but still requires seam sealing. There is a surcharge depending on project. Most projects about $50.00 . We shipped one yesterday.

Those are the ones I would be inclined to look at.

For me , I think the VX21 is a really nice fabric. If I felt I was really rough on gear, I would go VX42 or X33, and if I was more worried about weight I would go the VX07, 210D Tan, or Cuben. What I run now ? The 210D Tan, and I'll probably use it a better part of a season, or maybe run a Cuben one for awhile as well, or I might even use a VX07 one as well. The Tan is not my favorite, because I have come to like the stiffness of XPAC, but the tan is fine and saves 5 ounces. What I used extensively last year, the VX21, I loved it, but I like to save 5 ounces if I can.

Kevin

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
thanks, Kevin.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Was it decided if the hip belts were going to be available with the PALS webbing option?

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They have PALS as standard now.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guess what was waiting for me at the PO today??

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Kevin_T
They have PALS as standard now.

Grassy ass senori wink

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Mine is waiting at the border for pickup in the morning.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got mine last week. Had shoulder surgery two weeks ago but I'm gonna try to do a short hike with a light load here in the next day or so. The waist belt hits me right in the sweet spot and feels good so I believe it will ride with virtually no weight on the sore shoulder.

I just GOT to put something in it and carry it!

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Kevin, which fabric is the quietest?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Tan , but while the xpac fabrics are sort of noisy none of them are when worn and compressed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man , I sure hope mine comes in soon smile

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Me too smile

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Kevin,
If you could please comment on Cuben fiber, its feel, if it is noisy, what colours is it available in...?
Thanking you in advance,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got mine a few weeks back. I'm not gonna lie, I sold a pack that I really liked when I purchased the Paradox. Kinda had second thoughts the whole time, waiting for delivery. As soon as I got it, did a quick inspection, (looks great) and then loaded it up with about 45 pounds, just to get it adjusted and check the fit... Got it all sorted, did some stairs and moving around with it... and remembered... This is why I bought this pack! It carries really nice.

Now I'm gonna have to order a pocketed lid to finish it off. smile

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
And there is the little bit of disclosure that is needed. The attacks on me for pointing out the facts leads me to believe that there is little honesty unless forced. Sreekers obviously has the ambition to be an outdoor writer and you , Kevin T / Seek outside , are giving him an outlet to be heard. That alone is of great value and a form of compensation. The conduct here in the initial denial tells me all I need to know about your integrity. The low class action was not disclosing the interconnected personal and business relationships and pretending that it's all kosher when it's far from pure. Parsings and denials are the acts of the guilty. Until now the only thing that was bothering me was that Sreekers was pretending that this review was COMPLETELY objective. If for no other reason than friendship he is looking through rose colored glasses. The pack may be revolutionary but I certainly wouldn't put my faith in the review. It may shed light on the performance of the packs but like most reviews I will take it with a grain of salt. Actually , after this reaction I'll take it with a pound of salt.

I know NONE of the individuals involved, but seeing enough of your petulance displayed in this thread, I can guarantee that they are more refined that I am or would have been in the same situation. You can take your "salt" and pound it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by krp
Just not a puzzy I guess...

That is for sure. Just be advised that the NICE frame is the same length as an ALICE frame. Ask a chiropractor about the "military neck" phenomenom. He'll clue you in. There is a fine line between hard and stupid. Sometimes the [military] goes way over that line to the stupid side. MR made the NICE frame to Army specs. There are far better ways to pack heavy loads.

Truth, if ever written (edited to include other than US Army in the stupidity, as certainly appropriate.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kevin,

The CFO is giving me "that look". I don't "need" a new pack. I do need the LBO set-up we've been discussing. Is the 6300 large enough to hide a person in (not the CFO, but me - hiding from her)? I may need that option if the Paradox tries to follow me home from Denver.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably dumb questions but here goes...

How does the 6300 attach to the frame?

When you sandwich meat/dry bag/gear between frame and pack bag, is the Talon the only thing holding the bag to the frame?

Tanner

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (7mm_Loco, 2500HD, BALLISTIK, Anaconda, batch, 6 invisible), 1,210 guests, and 804 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,120
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.