-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
every sportsman should quit buying any ammo,powder and bullets for at least six months and sit back and watch the prices start dropping.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just this weekend I cracked open a brick of 22 and went shooting.

I shot a few rounds over the weekend too. I am just trying to get some ahead to carry to Quemado in August. I hear that there is going to be some shooting out there. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the prices may well come down some eventually, but the odds of seeing a brick of .22lr ammo for $10 again are as likely as seeing a dodo bird, .58 gal of gas, or $1 per gal. of milk

I've two new scopes on .22 rifles and they both need to be sighted in.

today might be a good day to hit the range.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
shoot to you run out then sell your 22's

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by 1minute
A buddy was tickled pink to pay $80 plus additional shipping to pick up a brick for his kid the other day.

Well, there you have it, the whole problem in a nutshell. As long as your buddy keeps on being tickled pink to pay S80.00 for $18.00 worth of ammo, the problem will just keep on going.

^^^ This.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bea175
every sportsman should quit buying any ammo,powder and bullets for at least six months and sit back and watch the prices start dropping.

Other than 2 cases of steel shot last year, and the wife buying a 357 that I just didn't see coming and having bought a couple boxes of that around last November... I have not bought a single thing related for years.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rost495

Other than 2 cases of steel shot last year, and the wife buying a 357 that I just didn't see coming and having bought a couple boxes of that around last November... I have not bought a single thing related for years.

Same here-In the past year plus I have purchased 2 bx of .243 that I needed for a hog hunt and nothing else.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. I'm taking the guns out of the safe and putting my ammo in.

Nice ! laugh laugh

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

one person or a few can change nothing , it takes a large majority to get change , you have to seriously hurt their pocket book to get their attention

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
.22s are in short supply, but they also aren't being shot based on my observations at the range and commentary online. That means "inventory" is piling up in basements and closets and safes.
On the bright side, once everyone fills their basements with .22s, the bottom is going to drop out of the market, even if supply stays the same. Anyone holding excess inventory at that time will either start blasting expensive .22s that they paid a lot for, or if they're over-leveraged, they'll take a financial hit reselling it. Of course with inflation, that may just mean that ammo prices will flatline for a few years.
I've taken this time to sell off my stockpile of crap .22 ammo at good prices, and buy some premium ammo with the proceeds, since premium .22s haven't gone up in price that much. The only lesson here is that as with any consumable good that keeps well-stock up on it when it's cheap.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10ring1, 2ndwind, 36 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,038
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.