CLICK HERE for GREAT DEALS on STEINER OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#7896890 - 07/14/13 03:23 AM Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason?
mtnsnake Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Central Rockies, Colorado
I sent an Email to CCI and they assured me they were cranking the 22 ammo out 24/7 as fast as they could. But they are still hard to find.

Edited by mtnsnake (07/14/13 03:23 AM)

#7896901 - 07/14/13 03:41 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: mtnsnake]
chlinstructor Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: TX
Every body else is still buying up every box on the shelf, so they can resell for triple the normal price! This Sh!t ain't ever gonna end at the rate it's going now. mad

Edited by chlinstructor (07/14/13 03:42 AM)

#7896904 - 07/14/13 03:48 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: mtnsnake]
Kodiakisland Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: AK..CO..MO..CO..EU..AR..next??...
The real reason? As opposed to which fake reasons?

#7896905 - 07/14/13 03:49 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: mtnsnake]
milespatton Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Arkansas
Local Walmart usually gets .22 ammo in three times a week. Not much at a time but usually some. The same people are standing there snapping it up. You have to get there early and stand around if you want some. This Walmart is not open 24 hours a day but from six am until midnight. They put the ammo out a around seven thirty, so you have to be there first and wait an hour and a half to even find out if they have any. I went seven times before I got any. Three times they got a case of federal bulk which is ten boxes, and three people got three boxes (limit per person) and one person got one box. It was gone before it got my turn and all paid out of the same billfold. The next three times I was first in line and they got no .22 shells and the funny thing, those people were not there. I did go on the seventh time real early and stood around and they had some .22 shells. They were supposed to have 3 boxes of Remington bulk according to the invoice but there were only two on the ammo cart. I got both boxes. The ones getting the ammo were there and got nothing that day but somebody at Walmart is calling them I think so they know when to show up. I only got bullets because I got up early and waited a long time to be first in line. Being hard headed pays off some times. miles

#7896997 - 07/14/13 05:32 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: milespatton]
gophergunner Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: North Central U.S.
Originally Posted By: milespatton
Local Walmart usually gets .22 ammo in three times a week. Not much at a time but usually some. The same people are standing there snapping it up. You have to get there early and stand around if you want some. This Walmart is not open 24 hours a day but from six am until midnight. They put the ammo out a around seven thirty, so you have to be there first and wait an hour and a half to even find out if they have any. I went seven times before I got any. Three times they got a case of federal bulk which is ten boxes, and three people got three boxes (limit per person) and one person got one box. It was gone before it got my turn and all paid out of the same billfold. The next three times I was first in line and they got no .22 shells and the funny thing, those people were not there. I did go on the seventh time real early and stood around and they had some .22 shells. They were supposed to have 3 boxes of Remington bulk according to the invoice but there were only two on the ammo cart. I got both boxes. The ones getting the ammo were there and got nothing that day but somebody at Walmart is calling them I think so they know when to show up. I only got bullets because I got up early and waited a long time to be first in line. Being hard headed pays off some times. miles
If they're being called regarding ammo arrivals, it's against company policy. If people call and ask if ammo's coming in, associates are permitted to answer that question, but no one should be making calls to tell folks ammo's coming in. At our store, the stockers don't have time for that any ways. I really think these buyers have just learned how to work the system. All I can tell you is make the calls, get there early, and be the first one in line. Sucks, but that's how the game is being played. The same thing happens at the local Gander Mountain, Fleet Farm, and Dicks stores too. I have developed a good relationship with my local private owned gun shop, and about 4 times out of 5 when I go in there, I can get some .22 ammo. He's about a buck a box more that the big guys, but I don't wait in line for an hour, and I don't mind an extra buck to help support a small business man. But then again, I'm just buying it to shoot it, not triple the price and sell it on line or at a gun show.

Edited by gophergunner (07/14/13 05:34 AM)

#7897006 - 07/14/13 05:37 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: milespatton]
ringworm Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: Southern States
Its simple.
more guns too feed.
People are buying 22's in record numbers so they can still shoot. Its expensive and hard to find but it's a lot cheaper than centerfire.

#7897009 - 07/14/13 05:39 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: gophergunner]
Rock Chuck Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Filer, ID
It might be against company policy, but who's going to stop an employee from sending a text while he's sitting on the pot during a bathroom break?

#7897025 - 07/14/13 05:46 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: Rock Chuck]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Southern Oregon USA
how long is it going to be before some of these types find themselves getting physically abused by someone in the parking lot..

#7897026 - 07/14/13 05:46 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: Rock Chuck]
milespatton Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Arkansas
I thought that it was interesting that they did not show up on the days that there was no ammo. They get the ammo in at night but do not put it out until after the day crew arrives. If you want some, you better be there when the day crew is showing up for work or you will be too late. miles

#7897041 - 07/14/13 05:51 AM Re: Why is 22 lr hp ammo so hard to find? Anyone know the real reason? [Re: milespatton]
DakotaDeer Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

When people get as much stocked up as they think they want (probably a lifetime supply), then things will go back to normal. Just be patient. Don't overpay. When the basements are full and the wives start complaining, you'll get your supply.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
CLICK HERE for GREAT DEALS on STEINER OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
150 registered (1990stanggt, 257Deland, 99hunter, 6mm250, 4ager, 01Foreman400, 19 invisible), 788 Guests and 328 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50366 Members
72 Forums
631935 Topics
9063491 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright 2000-2014 24hourcampfire.com, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.