Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Unless you are planning on hunting two people at the same time out of two chairs 6'x6' seems too big. If just one hunter, you would be needing to move your chair around and that could be a little inconvienant.

Most of the blinds I've hunted out of have been 4'x4' and you get your chair set where you want it and that's it. Though a 4'-6" square would be nicer.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I like sliding plexiglas windows with carpet scraps in the track for quietness. Also, with a stand that can be closed up you can fumigate wasp nests more effectively.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Pete ,

I have considered that -but we can hunt year round for hogs and summertime in Florida is hot.
So i'm going to build it with screen walls then figure out what to close it up with when it gets cold [November here].
My plan is to keep the walls very lightweight -because if the timber company decides to cut trees at my spot I would have to move to another area on the hunting lease.
I'd have to take the roof and walls down then drag the platform to my new spot with the tractor and rebuild it there.
I'm back to 8' tall 8'x8' square and 6'6" in height.
As I said -I'll be staying in it camping out for a few days at a time.
Planning on making the walls out of treated 2x2" with fiber glass screen on each wall piece and just lift them up on the platform and screw them down.
Roof material -still not sure.

Our lease is a swamp right off the Choctawhatchee river -I plan on hunting the river out of my little Gheenoe boat during the day and camping/hunting hogs out of this blind at night.
I use a TX Boars light shined on timed feeders and rub areas for hogs.
Can't wait to get the blind finished -to keep from having to breath a Thermacell --those things can't be good for you/me.
Lease is under water -been monsooning here for weeks -deepest its been in 20years says the Club Manager -hope my lumber hasn't washed away !

StrayDog the plexiglas windows sound good -I saw some tinted on a prefab blind -that looks nice for daytime hunting.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Really nice during a hunt with snow on the ground!

[Linked Image]

First week of the Alabama deer season!
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Pete ,

I have considered that -but we can hunt year round for hogs and summertime in Florida is hot.
So i'm going to build it with screen walls then figure out what to close it up with when it gets cold [November here].
My plan is to keep the walls very lightweight -because if the timber company decides to cut trees at my spot I would have to move to another area on the hunting lease.
I'd have to take the roof and walls down then drag the platform to my new spot with the tractor and rebuild it there.
I'm back to 8' tall 8'x8' square and 6'6" in height.
As I said -I'll be staying in it camping out for a few days at a time.
Planning on making the walls out of treated 2x2" with fiber glass screen on each wall piece and just lift them up on the platform and screw them down.
Roof material -still not sure.

Our lease is a swamp right off the Choctawhatchee river -I plan on hunting the river out of my little Gheenoe boat during the day and camping/hunting hogs out of this blind at night.
I use a TX Boars light shined on timed feeders and rub areas for hogs.
Can't wait to get the blind finished -to keep from having to breath a Thermacell --those things can't be good for you/me.
Lease is under water -been monsooning here for weeks -deepest its been in 20years says the Club Manager -hope my lumber hasn't washed away !

StrayDog the plexiglas windows sound good -I saw some tinted on a prefab blind -that looks nice for daytime hunting.

Mike,

Given the envornment, it sounds like bug proofing is going to be a priority if you intend sleeping out in it..

Re moving location, one thing I have done with lean-to highseats is to build them with simple stub axles. This allowed us to temporarily fit two 'barrow wheels.. Dragging the seats into their final location was then much easier..

Not sure if this idea is something you can adapt to your situation, but something along these lines might make any eventual move much easier...

Regards

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 07/14/13.
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.