Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
I had around a 2000/2200 lb Beef Master bull break a leg and had to put him down, took a chainsaw cut a hole in his neck and hoisted him up with the tractor loader.

Shot him at 25 yards in the shoulders with the 300 gr btsp's from sierra and hornady as well as a 270 gr hornady sp from my 375 H&H, all bullets shed their sores and disintegrated..........that spells JUNK to me.

Shot him in the shoulders on the other side with a 500 gr hornady rnsp from my 458WM at 25 yards, bullet vel was 2150 fps, bullet squirted core and came a part, again..............JUNK.

C&C bullets on heavy game are JUNK

I will lay good money on were I to shoot the same bull in the shoulders with my 45-70 Sharps with a 520 gr gov bullet at 25 yards it wouldn't come apart and would most likely give complete penetration, certainly out penetrating C&C [so called] heavy game bullets.

Gunner

I think you got your money's worth out of that ole bull... grin

Bred your cows until he got down, then became big bullet test medium... blush

Multitasking, no doubt... cool

Now, with complete penetration, that 520 gr. cast bullet may have ended up in your loader tractor radiator...

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/26/13.
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Would you also agree that for the tens of millions of dollars spent in R&D, we should be further ahead of the old Sharps by now?

Long before the automobile, electricity and such, the Sharps Rifles were light years ahead of their time and still a very viable choice imho. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LMAO DF, with a tractor and loader, chainsaw and ax, chains and a good blade you can get all the bullet testing you want right here on the farm. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well we are just a tad: Last day of a 14 day buffalo/PG hunt. Kudu have been a bitch this hunt. Finally, at last light, LAST light, a kudu stops long enough at a lazered 352 yards an offers a shot. I'm here to tell you right now, those irons would have been as useless as tats on a bore hog. Glad we had a scoped 375 with a Swaro 1.6X6X42 on top. No wiping, blowing, corrosion, etc. I'll take a good soft bonded c/c like a NF or Swift any day.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, telescopic sights definitely do have their place, thou I've used them most on another type of game. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Optics enhance our ability to see, no doubt about it. We have night vision scopes and scopes with huge objective lenses that greatly improve low light visibility due to their superior light gathering ability. The addition of a lighted dot or reticle extends this even more.

I don't pretend to be able to shoot in the dark with my Sharps and barrel sights. BUT. The sights on my Sharps are such that if I can see an ANIMAL in a low light condition I can also see my SIGHTS well enough to kill him. There are iron sights, and then there are iron sights. Not all of them are created equal.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Michael 458-- Of course the data presently posted on Accurate Reloading confirms what you are saying. That is the data that is CURRENTLY in place. The data that was posted ORIGINALLY is what I am hanging my hat on.

When I went back to the site, after I got my new computer, I noticed both that the data had been changed, and the format and photos were slightly different. Same photos, but the lay out differed slightly. That is a very professional presentation, and I figured that you changed the layout a bit for aesthetic reasons.

I'm sure the data you have on your hard drives and that you have backed up reflects the current data on AR. If you have changed it for AR, I feel that you have changed it for your reference as well.

I know that I have data in my old hard drive that IS DIFFERENT than that currently on AR. Why it is different is beyond me.

Well I suppose that all I can figure is you are calling me a liar and All I can say, not so, not true, and nothing has ever been changed. Sorry, I don't have the time for such nonsense, nor do I care one way or the other. You are Wrong, and its too bad. I changed nothing on AR, nor my data... Why in the world would I do such? Current? That was Feb of 2010... The terminal thread is now something like 270 + pages, this was page 23 and 29, and not changed, altered or edited in any way. I don't have time, nor inclination to do so, nor care one way or the other about your cast loads or bullets......... If I recall correctly, I sent all the data and bullets back to you after testing???? Is that correct? If you do in fact have them, I am sure I included the tags with them for you......

At any rate, what is posted is what it is, like it or not it makes little or no difference to me one way or the other. I have nothing but my time and energy to do something for you, at your request, and this is the [bleep] thanks I get for it, Accused of Cooking your test work for some unknown reason??? Thanks... But no thanks.... Then called a liar to boot, you are a sad individual and of little consequence one way or the other, and seems rather ignorant to boot.... I do not appreciate your words, or your accusations and you are wrong from the beginning to now. Find your [bleep] data, then show me, or shut the [bleep] up! End of Story..........

Michael

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.