Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1371546530h9xmrh0gvu7

Governor Perry signs law Repealing Switchblade Ban in Texas. Effective Sept. 1st 2013

First I've heard of this. Any other Texas Campfire Members heard about this ?

Guess I'll be shopping for a new "automatic" ! Any brand reccomendations ?

I'm leaning towards a Benchmade or ProTech OTF Model.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh about a month ago.

Going to get a out the front switchblade as was used in the 60's.

Why I don't know, have 50 or so knives. Well maybe 20/30.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.pvk.com/webcat/ProTechGodfatherwMapleBurlinlayBKSF.shtml

I'm kinda leaning toward this one since I want a Stilletto Style blade.
Any recommendations on Knife Retailers on the best prices or which on-line Knife Dealers are reputable to deal with?

Somewhere, I've still got a cheap ass Meskin Switchblade I bought in Acouna, Mexico when I was 16 for I think $3 Damn thing wouldn't cut hot butter !
I wouldn't cross the frickin Border down there for a Million Dollars, nowadays eek

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/03/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1371546530h9xmrh0gvu7

Governor Perry signs law Repealing Switchblade Ban in Texas. Effective Sept. 1st 2013

First I've heard of this. Any other Texas Campfire Members heard about this ?

Guess I'll be shopping for a new "automatic" ! Any brand reccomendations ?

I'm leaning towards a Benchmade or ProTech OTF Model.
They're legal in Florida, too, and can be carried concealed with a concealed weapon permit. Been that way at least since I've lived here starting in the late 1980s. Not sure if they've ever been illegal here. All they are are folding knives that can be opened with one hand. Hard to imagine how they got outlawed anywhere to start with. Main advantage is for when one of your hands is disabled or occupied with something else.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
been ordering them for years....trh may need several to go with his nun chucks

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It did seem pretty stupid to outlaw automatic knives in a state where you can carry a gun, but I don't know anyone who has been hassled about it before they repealed it. A folding auto seems like alot of expense for very little benefit, think I'll get an out-the-front. I've always had Benchmade knives, but am not too impressed with their Infidel, like my brother has. Thinking of buying a Microtech Troodon or Ultratech for myself to celebrate, maybe?

Last edited by RyeDaddy; 08/03/13.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RyeDaddy
Don't know anyone who has been hassled about it before they repealed it. I've always had Benchmade knives, but am not too impressed woth their Infidel. A folding auto seems like alot of expense for very little benefit, think I'll get an out-the-front. Thinking of buying a Microtech Troodon for myself to celebrate, maybe?
A friend of mine has an out the front that's pretty cool.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://nicnac.net/

This one on top is nice.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This ProTech Doru is a fine auto for pocket carry.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
been ordering them for years....trh may need several to go with his nun chucks

Who do you usually order from ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It did pretty stupid to outlaw automatuc knives in a state where you can carry a gun, but I don't know anyone who has been hassled about it before they repealed it. A folding auto seems like alot of expense for very little benefit, think I'll get an out-the-front. I've always had Benchmade knives, but am not too impressed with their Infidel, like my brother has. Thinking of buying a Microtech Troodon or Ultratech for myself to celebrate, maybe?

I've always carried folders made by BenchMade or Spderco. I've looked at a few of the Benchmade Auto models here locally & haven't been two impressed.
One of my LE buddies carrys a Protec OTF Model with the double edged Dagger style blade that is opens so fast that it seems like the blade just appears out of thin air! Damn Fast & slicker than greased goose [bleep]. Seems to have a really solid lockup & also has a lock or saftey button to keep it from opening in your pocket. So I'm thinking maybe an OTF model for weak side carry.

Always thought the SwitchBlade law was really stupid anyways. I've been Legally carrying a Pistol for 20 years now, but a auto opening or SwitchBlade Knife was Illegal.WTF ?
Just more political correctness BS, IMHO Ever LEO I know has carried switchblades for years. Of Course, nobody would file on those guys for "illegal" carry cool

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I must be wrong, but I thought there was a federal ban on switchblades?

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
It did pretty stupid to outlaw automatuc knives in a state where you can carry a gun, but I don't know anyone who has been hassled about it before they repealed it. A folding auto seems like alot of expense for very little benefit, think I'll get an out-the-front. I've always had Benchmade knives, but am not too impressed with their Infidel, like my brother has. Thinking of buying a Microtech Troodon or Ultratech for myself to celebrate, maybe?

I've always carried folders made by BenchMade or Spderco. I've looked at a few of the Benchmade Auto models here locally & haven't been two impressed.
One of my LE buddies carrys a Protec OTF Model with the double edged Dagger style blade that is opens so fast that it seems like the blade just appears out of thin air! Damn Fast & slicker than greased goose [bleep]. Seems to have a really solid lockup & also has a lock or saftey button to keep it from opening in your pocket. So I'm thinking maybe an OTF model for weak side carry.

Always thought the SwitchBlade law was really stupid anyways. I've been Legally carrying a Pistol for 20 years now, but a auto opening or SwitchBlade Knife was Illegal.WTF ?
Just more political correctness BS, IMHO Ever LEO I know has carried switchblades for years. Of Course, nobody would file on those guys for "illegal" carry cool

LEO's and I believe current military were and are legal in Texas. Just you peons were not. Can't trust you man. Yes I'm a peon also.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's because it hasn't been illegal for cops in Texas.

Either way, it's a stupid prohibition and I'm glad to see it gone.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
bladehq.com has afew the shrade and smith and wesson are real good and dont break the bank done biz with them for many years f.y.i the americans with disabilities act allows any one too carry one if you can not open a regular folding knife.
and are disabled.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good news indeed, But i'd still rather point and click instead of click and point. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Surprisingly enough Alaska even had a law that banned switch-blades and gravity knives. Our's was repealed this year too, although I can't really recall it ever being enforced.

Of course dumb laws should be repealed. I never understood the ban on switch-blade/auto-openers. More damage can be done with a fixed blade anyway.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't know about switchblades, but Bladematrix.com is a great place to shop. Mostly mail order, but have a small storefront in Cincinnati OH. I have only bought from them a couple of times, but service was great.
They seem to carry about anything that cuts.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Good news indeed, But i'd still rather point and click instead of click and point. wink

No Doubt! I'll take my 1911 over a knife any old day. But I also like quality high quality & custom knifes nearly as much as I like quality handguns. It will be nice to have another knife option to carry for a change. Stupid Ass law anyways cool

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by speedsixman
I must be wrong, but I thought there was a federal ban on switchblades?

Myron

You can't really mail them. That's about as far as they took it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
267 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.