Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
you did not get the memo. What was right is now wrong and what was wrong is now right. You are part of a tiny and vanishing minority, the privileged members of our society love stuff like this.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by Huntz
[quote=pahick]and the "Deer Thugs" is Mossy Oak. The Federals are bonded, probably fusions. Wish all this damn zombie, deer thug, childish crap would go by the wayside!

Why???

Because its...childish...are you shooting zombies? Are you a "thug"? These items are tools use for wildlife management, defense, etc..not a game some pimple faced geek plays in front of their tv.

Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
WTH does "deer thugs" mean? Who is this being marketed to?

You must be a joy to live with.It must bring you to tears to see people having a little fun.Childish,well maybe all of us could gain something by being a little more childish rather than growing up to be a full fledged azzhole. shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by HawkI

I don't do facepaint, but for 100G's I'd wear a pig shaped clock and sport a gold toof for a box or two....

Wow, read that too quickly the first time! whistle

NRA Endowment Member, Life since 1978
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You must be a joy to live with.It must bring you to tears to see people having a little fun.Childish,well maybe all of us could gain something by being a little more childish rather than growing up to be a full fledged azzhole. shocked

Listen pole smoker, have you taken a look around lately? Theres some really [bleep] up people out there, willing to take your rights. You portray this stuff as "fun" and they turn it into something else. Besides these idiots, there are impressionable kids that look at this stuff and think its a game. Sperm burpers like you are too [bleep] dense to see the big picture and would sell the rest of us out for your "fun". Pound sand.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
has anyone shot the stuff yet??????????????
and yes the tacky names they give products now are pretty bad....................................................

Last edited by renegade50; 02/25/13.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pahick

Listen pole smoker, have you taken a look around lately? Theres some really [bleep] up people out there, willing to take your rights. You portray this stuff as "fun" and they turn it into something else. Besides these idiots, there are impressionable kids that look at this stuff and think its a game. Sperm burpers like you are too [bleep] dense to see the big picture and would sell the rest of us out for your "fun". Pound sand.

Wow, get sand in your vagina???? You best remember take your meds.,cause you sure have a temper and probably should`nt own guns.You sure are a brave Keyboard Commando to blow up on the net over nothing.As to your comment on [bleep] up people you need to look in the mirror,you will see one looking back at you.Have a nice day!!!! grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mr_Saw

I don't do facepaint, but for 100G's I'd wear a pig shaped clock and sport a gold toof for a box or two....

Wow, read that too quickly the first time! whistle

(phew... thought maybe I was the only one! did a double take!)

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sickos.....we all know what you two would be doing for 100G's...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sickos.....we all know what you two would be doing for 100G's...

Just got new swampers. grin

NRA Endowment Member, Life since 1978
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Mossy Oak�s Deer T.H.U.G.S. follows the hardest of the hardcore whitetail hunters to learn what they know that sets them apart. With weekly input from five of the most-experienced, authentic and whitetail-savvy hunters in the game, this series reaches to the core of the tradition and places hunters of every stripe alongside those most attuned to the ways of the whitetail. The dedication and devotion of hunters who, since the turn of the last century, are responsible for one of the most successful conservation efforts in history, continues to lead all outdoor pursuits in man hours spent managing, tending, growing and hunting whitetail deer. Featuring: Jimmy Riley, Kevin Burleson, Fred Law, Justin Eakins and Charlie O\'Brien.

I could get all elaborate, but let's just say that the highlighted words above are enough to bounce my blood pressure up a notch or two.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I noticed this stuff in Walmart a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find anything on Federal's website about it. (They are probably too embarrassed by the ridiculous new name to admit it is theirs.)
But looking at the .243 ammo at the store, I would bet that the bullets are not Fusions, but the Speer Deep Curls. The .243 is packing a 90 gr bonded bullet, and the Fusion has a 95 gr bullet. I have a box of the 90 gr Deep Curls and it sure looks like what the Deer Thugs are packing in the .243. This might also help to explain why Speer Deep Curl bullets are so hard to find. Any thoughts?

J
J
You are probably right about the bullets being Speer Deep Curls. The name comes from the TV show of the same name. Even Ted Nugent has a line of ammo with his name on it which he says is available "everywhere" and which I've never seen anywhere.

Life is too short to hunt with ugly rifles.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Federal Thug ammo.................on store shelves? What happened, did the gov contracts finally get filled? grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Crockettnj,

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! It is more than an opinion, it is a fact that the morals in this country are on the sever decline.

Calling hunters THUGS is not a very good idea, that is an opinion!

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Agree that Thugs, Zombie, and etc. is BS. I suppose that I am just an ignorant old codger. I ldid not know that one had to wear camo to hunt dove or deer until I was well past 65. A host insisted that I must wear at least a camo shirt to shoot dove and was generous to provide me with a cap and a tee shirt. Then my kids (always style conscious ) started gifting me nice camo shirts, brush pants, vests,and jackets for occasions such as Father's Day, birthday, and etc.

Wonder how many birds, deer, and varmints I have killed over the years wearing the old Texas hunting uniform (khakis or jeans and a drab shirt) or even a white shirt and slacks for a quickie dove shoot after work or school. I know, it is heresy, but it worked before the game and Madison Avenue wised up! Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't imagine wtf they are thinking. All it will take is one peta member walking through sporting goods at walmart. Here's the link. http://www.federalpremium.com/company/contact_us.aspx

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Mossy Oak�s Deer T.H.U.G.S. follows the hardest of the hardcore whitetail hunters to learn what they know that sets them apart. With weekly input from five of the most-experienced, authentic and whitetail-savvy hunters in the game, this series reaches to the core of the tradition and places hunters of every stripe alongside those most attuned to the ways of the whitetail. The dedication and devotion of hunters who, since the turn of the last century, are responsible for one of the most successful conservation efforts in history, continues to lead all outdoor pursuits in man hours spent managing, tending, growing and hunting whitetail deer. Featuring: Jimmy Riley, Kevin Burleson, Fred Law, Justin Eakins and Charlie O\'Brien.

[Linked Image]

[/quote]

So, this is deer hunting's "best" today? Cripes no wonder this country is in trouble.

I'll bet they hunt from tree stands over food plots. grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob, I grew up with, went to school with and hunted with Jimmy Riley for years. He's a good friend.

This guy was hunting when he was 5. He lives it.

If you could see the animals he has taken (most with bow) at just regular hunting clubs, you'd be impressed...

I'm sure he has shot a few out of stands or over plots, but he's killed a schit load of trophy whitetails off of the ground with a bow.

If you've ever tried it, you know it ain't easy.

He's a terrific turkey hunter (uses bow only) and I'd bet he puts in more time outdoors than any 3 people here.

He's a class act, humble and the best hunter I know.

JM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
JM if you say these guys know what they're doing then I will buy in... wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I rarely shoot factory loads in CF rifles, but I bought a box of the 165g Deer Thugs in 308 Win for the heck of it to see how they shot in a new rifle. I also was low on brass and it was twds the beginning of the panic and hard to find any. Not impressed, I shot 4 groups with it that ranged 1.5-2.25" at 100 for 5. Same rig shoots much better with handloads. I don't think it's the same as blue box loads, it's some kind of bonded/plated pill like a Fusion or Deep Curl. YMMV

loder

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1eyedmule, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,561
Posts18,453,703
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.