Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,169 of 1,842 1 2 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
37? wow! we're a scorching 44 degrees up nort.

Supposed to close mid sept.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
I was wondering what Pam was up to. She hasn't posted in a long time.

Dave, when do you close on the new house?

37� here this morning.

I'm still around Bill, ND hasn't chased me off yet! grin I've been lurking a few times a week to make sure everyone stays in line on here. Way to behave everyone, I haven't had to come on and straighten anybody out for a long time. LOL!

I've been packing and packing. Figured I better start since we have about a month til "moving day", that is if all the closings fall into place. With our sale, there are three others. That domino affect I guess.

It's good and bad packing up a house. Good because WOW do you get rid of garbage. Bad because I'm really gonna miss this place. It hits me sometimes just how many memories this place holds. Funny how when ND and I built this place, (yes I did help, stand up walls, insult, paint, etc) we thought we'd never move again. A place to "raise our little family and grow old together in". But I am excited for the new place, don't get me wrong. It's an amazing place and yes we will bring our memories with us as ND reassures me. And we'll make new memories in our new place too, probably the "female sentimental emotions" kicking in again.

Unfortunately I've been too busy to get out and take any pictures too. Maybe after the move, ND and I can go picturing. grin My ultimate retirement goal is to have ND go on hunting trips and me tag along to take pictures. Pictures of the hunt and pictures of scenery and wildlife....maybe some day it will happen.

Well enough of my ramblings, it's not all that exciting either. Everyone have a great day. Banana bread baking in the oven this morning for the kids, I best get ready for work now too. Take care all and we'll keep you posted on the BIG MOVE!

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Ok I need to catch up on the posting...229 to ND's 26299? HOLY PA!

"I'm not crying!!"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good to hear rom you Pam. I feared that Dave had you chained up in the basement. smile

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave

Ok I need to catch up on the posting...229 to ND's 26299? HOLY PA!

Where does he find the time???? smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I enjoy me some 37* mornings! I can't wait for them here!!!

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Tzone - what color are ya puttin on the Beav?

Well...it was going to be copper. I thought my dad bought the paint already and I was set to go. He didn't, so I wanted to go see the color he had set up to order. I made the mistake of looking at paint chips. grin

I have a few in mind. So far the front runner is a factroy Ford "burnt orange," copper, and a millitary "sand" color as well. Crap...I don't know now? smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
Funny how when ND and I built this place, (yes I did help, stand up walls, insult, paint, etc)

Is that an abbreviation for "insulation" or were you there actually insulting them? grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tzone,that truck BEGS for a sand color paint job.Imagine riding a logging road in an orange truck.Echhhhhhh!!! Oh well,it's your truck.

Miss Pam,it is nice to see you posting on here.

It is 88 degrees here.I just finished weed eating the yard and driveway.Dripping sweat and came in to cool off under the fan.

Stan

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 08/14/13.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Everyone has a favorite color. I'd just paint it white. All trucks should be white in my opinion. Green is a distant second choice. "Sand" sounds like "beige" and beige sounds like a grandmother color - but that's just my way of seeing things.

Do like that yellow chickenbuck truck though. Damn nice.

Whatever color you make it, it will be a darn nice truck and and one to be proud of since you did the work.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

Miss Pam,it is nice to see you posting on here.

Stan

Stan, I love the manners down there...."Miss Pam" is great!

Well Pam and ND, I wish I was closer so I could help you move, but I bet you will have plenny of help. If you get in a bind, let me know, I could run up there with my enclosed trailer. Speaking of moving, I have one small piece of advice that you need to keep in mind. Don't hurt your back. Moving is bad enough without a back all out of kilter, so lift with those legs, look up and dont try and do too much yourself, okay? Matter of fact, that is one of the reasons you had boys, right? To help with lifting?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave-

really hopoing you take me up on my offer to help with the move. Keep me posted.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I kind of like the grey primer, then you wont feel quite as bad about the first scratches.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've been sort of partial to a flat OD green with flat black bumpers, trim and wheels.

Someday.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
green, grey, red...I am easy, just not a big fan of really shiney, heck I would be ok with some rust holes, and horsepower...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, I didn't draw antelope again for SD, but I did for wyoming. hmmm I think I need to move a little further west! now if only I could!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave,

I have a small collection of old lures from the Marathon Bait Company of Wausau Wis. My Gram worked there for many years and most of what I have she made personally. So, yes I think that spoon is pretty darn neat!!! Oh....you nailed the size on the shirt perfectly.

thanks again, even though you didn't need to do anything.

Tom,

In high school I ran around with two brothers, both drove old fords. One was a 79 F250 and the other a 78 hi-boy, both were blue. Whenever I see a truck of that vintage I naturally think of those two blue fords.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bubbajay
green, grey, red...I am easy, just not a big fan of really shiney, heck I would be ok with some rust holes, and horsepower...

I've had enough with rust holes thank you very much.

But don't you worry, they'll be back soon enough.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by j_elky
Tom,

In high school I ran around with two brothers, both drove old fords. One was a 79 F250 and the other a 78 hi-boy, both were blue. Whenever I see a truck of that vintage I naturally think of those two blue fords.

Everyone seems to paint them blue. Heck, it WAS blue. It would have been much easier to pair it blue. It would probably be finished now if it was. Much less sanding and I wouldn't have to mask off the interior twice.

Everyone seems to paint them blue.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've been sort of partial to a flat OD green with flat black bumpers, trim and wheels.

Someday.

Now yer talkin'! Ultimate off-road paint job and practical too.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Page 1,169 of 1,842 1 2 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.