Campfire Outfitter
K

Last edited by kk alaska; 07/28/13.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sweet looking rig. If I didn't already have a LH Sako 338 I'd be all over this one like a fat kid on a doughnut.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Cabelas has an identical one for $200 less. Good way to use your "Cabela points" or gift cards!

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Winchester-Model-70-338-Win-Mag-Left-Hand.cfm?gun_id=100361834

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
$200 is pretty cheap insurance to buy from a reputable seller who is the original owner. Also the condition of both is equal to the difference in price.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Rifle is not mine its a buddy,s offered to post a link. If any one is interested in the rifle make him a offer.

Last edited by kk alaska; 07/31/13.

kk alaska

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by KenMi
$200 is pretty cheap insurance to buy from a reputable seller who is the original owner. Also the condition of both is equal to the difference in price.

I don't follow you, most people reading that add would have no way to know if he's a "reputable seller" or "the original owner", it's just an add in the classifieds. I'm not slamming the Alaska's List .338, and no disrespect to KK or his buddy, but without the benefit of knowing the seller I don't see the $200 "insurance" premium. Cabelas have always stood by the guns I've bought from them and it's no problem returning or declining the sale if you're not satisfied. And as I said, good way to use points or gift cards. Moot point now, Cabelas sold theirs.

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tmitch
Cabelas has an identical one for $200 less. Good way to use your "Cabela points" or gift cards!

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Winchester-Model-70-338-Win-Mag-Left-Hand.cfm?gun_id=100361834

When you've been here longer you will probably pick up on some of the protocol of the guys here. One thing you may pick up on is that people don't -- without reason --- jump on an ad and criticize what someone is asking for something. What is your reason?

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Cause Bricktop slithered back under the bridge out of embarrassment and someone had to fill the void, or this forum would be far too normal

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My idea of normal keeps widening. grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

When you've been here longer you will probably pick up on some of the protocol of the guys here. One thing you may pick up on is that people don't -- without reason --- jump on an ad and criticize what someone is asking for something. What is your reason?

The was no reason because there was no criticism. Where do you feel I jumped on or criticized the ad, item or seller with that post? Simply posting a link to another identical rifle for sale is critical?

As far as my second post, I am still curious how KenMi gleaned from the ad that the seller was "a reputable seller who is the original owner". I read the ad. Wasn't there. If he had information to substantiate that, he could have posted it to enlighten the rest of us.

Your explanation of "the protocol of the guys here" is pretty funny though. Thanks!

Charter Member

szihn

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well I posted the link, he,s my buddie and know the seller well.

If you want to post a competitive link, please start your own thread its known as good manners.

kk alaska

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Well I posted the link, he,s my buddie and know the seller well.

If If you want to post a competitive link, please start your own thread its known as good manners.

Well, as I said in my second post I meant no disrespect to you nor your buddy, but you simply posted a link with no additional information other than "blued not SS". For all I and possibly others knew, it was something you found surfing the web or classifieds of interest to other lefties.........which is why I posted the other link, not to be competitive. If you're advertising for a buddy and can vouch for him, then say so up front.

Charter Member

szihn

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

The was no reason because there was no criticism. Where do you feel I jumped on or criticized the ad, item or seller with that post? Simply posting a link to another identical rifle for sale is critical?

As far as my second post, I am still curious how KenMi gleaned from the ad that the seller was "a reputable seller who is the original owner". I read the ad. Wasn't there. If he had information to substantiate that, he could have posted it to enlighten the rest of us.

Your explanation of "the protocol of the guys here" is pretty funny though. Thanks!

This is from the seller who linked it on another forum. I was overlooking the fact that some members here don't participate in another forum, which is usually free of useless rants and rabbit trails from original posts:

"I have a rare left handed M70 338 win mag that is as new just shot at the range, one scratch in stock by rear sling swivel mount. Comes with Leupold bases and rings. Will sell for 1200.00 shipped to your FFL. You can see pics on alaskaslist.com or PM me or email me for pics."

By the way, I speak with firsthand experience- I have purchased a gun from him before, and have seen many other transactions take place between him and other buyers. So, I would be pretty confident knowing the history of his gun vs. the history of a used gun at Cabelas which could have had as many users and fondlers as Paris Hilton.

Anyhow, it's all water under the bridge. Both have sold now.

Last edited by KenMi; 08/15/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it performs like Paris hilton did/does, it may have been worth a bit more. I can see the Winchester ads now.. "Lonely nights on the hunt? Try our new Paris Hilton model"

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
As a friend was fond of saying "If she had as much sticking out of her as been stuck in her, she'd look like a porcupine".
As for Cabelas guns, yeah the history's been lost but a savy buyer can usually discern the "Paris Hilton" models. I've bought about a half dozen rifles from them over the years and one was a bad one. However one call to customer service got me a full refund, including shipping both ways and my dealers transfer fee, plus a $75 gift card for my inconvenience. I did not fair near as well from a couple trusted sellers on Gunbroker that sent me duds. And no, I don't work for Cabelas, just spend my money there.

Charter Member

szihn

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (160user, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 22 invisible), 1,505 guests, and 910 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,476
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.