Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I turned 60 last year and I am trying to find something that interests me. I'm still working because I like the money, but am tiring of the travel involved. I often think about retiring at 62, and what my daily routine would be. I want to write a book for posterity's sake, but other than that I feel like I have succumbed to life's "rat race." I sold all my motorcycles, cancelled my plans to buy an airplane, no longer have season football tickets, and simply want an uncluttered and simple life. I can't think of any material thing that interests me any more. Is there something wrong with me, or is this just a symptom of growing old?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No, money.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I travel alot and am the same age as you. Sometimes I get the feeling you describe. Being around young people and teaching them the ropes of life gives purpose. Go on a hunting trip with some buds and take someone younger to mentor. Might break the spell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OrangeOkie...no grandchildren? Heck I am looking forward to spending time hunting and fishing with my grandson. Some of my best memories are being with my grandparents.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I turned 60 last year and I am trying to find something that interests me. I'm still working because I like the money, but am tiring of the travel involved. I often think about retiring at 62, and what my daily routine would be. I want to write a book for posterity's sake, but other than that I feel like I have succumbed to life's "rat race." I sold all my motorcycles, cancelled my plans to buy an airplane, no longer have season football tickets, and simply want an uncluttered and simple life. I can't think of any material thing that interests me any more. Is there something wrong with me, or is this just a symptom of growing old?

Strip clubs my friend

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hell...I just turned 50 and have the same symptoms as you, sold my boat a couple years ago, sold my motorcycles, the only thing I really look forward to is Hunting season. The wife told me I need to get another boat and Harley. I agree!!!! going to start looking for replacements. I am going to try and get out of the slump I am in.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I'm 61 and will retire in Jan. My first grandchild is due tomorrow, and I'm going to Africa next Aug.

As far as work goes, my "Give a Damn" has already retired.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Not ambition, just patience for .gov.

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I retired at 62 and have not regretted it one day. There is plenty to keep me busy without ever having to look.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not ambition, but running outta give a schit for a lot of things/people....

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

That is what hunting and fishing are for...I have not yet met anyone that can fish and worry at the same time.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Mentoring young people whether it's hunting , fishing , work , ect can bring back a lot of the satisfaction. Seeing the world anew through their eyes will help bring back some of the magic. Hunt something new or a different style of fishing. Connect with some guys from here or local bike club and schedule things so you have to go. I'm only 45 and I'm reinventing the way I hunt this year. I was hunting whitetails locally but this year I ditched the club and got a backpack and tent and I'm off to hunt elk. I may not kill anything and freeze but it will not be the same old thing again.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Diesel
I travel alot and am the same age as you. Sometimes I get the feeling you describe. Being around young people and teaching them the ropes of life gives purpose. Go on a hunting trip with some buds and take someone younger to mentor. Might break the spell.

simple, fishing

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And you guys talk about traveling, For years I spent every other night in another country and spent 65 to seventy hours a week driving back and forth.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If you want to be happy for a day, roast a pig.
If you want to be happy for a month, take a bride.
If you want to be happy for a year, plant a garden.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not trying to be.. whatever the word is I'm looking for...but if I were in your shoes I'd go on a mission trip. Take a suitcase full of small things you can give away to children in other countries. All you need is the means to get there, the means to rent a car and room, and a suitcase full of anything from toothbrushes to crackers to toys to shoes. Best to hook up with someone either an individual or a group for lots of reasons. But the main thing is you need to be free enough to follow your heart as it's prompted while you're there. You don't have to conquer the world or give away the farm. There are craftsmen that need tools, even a file is valuable for making a living when it's needed, kids that need clothes, farmers that need goats, people that need medicine, food, or clean water.
I promise you, that if you will take the first step and then follow through with this, your life will be forever changed. You will probably develop a sense of urgency to do more. Please contact me if you need some direction and I'll try to help.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I turned 60 this year and my ambition is to pay two college tuitions.

after that, there is a lot of stuff I have never killed or caught that should keep me busy till I die.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I turned 60 this year and my ambition is to pay two college tuitions.

after that, there is a lot of stuff I have never killed or caught that should keep me busy till I die.

you old phart grin we need to meet down at Pat's again and terrorize him for a while

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm only 39, but have pretty much been traveling non-stop since Feb.

HATE it and I feel just wore out at the end of the week. I'm pretty much just in one spot all week or maybe two weeks and don't leave until Monday AM and I'm back at a reasonable time Friday but it does suck and suck the life outta you.

I'll be done though in the next month or two, so there is light a the end of the tunnel

Morel of the story, I'm a home body and don't know how people who travel non-stop deal with it.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a chance..

[Linked Image]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.