Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Been looking for a 5-round cartridge wallet for 308 Win rounds. Don't want to use a cartridge carrier that wraps around the stock. Would like to have a leather or synthetic 5 or 6 round wallet type holder or belt clip.
Any help appreciated.
Best
k

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Look at Boyt, Hunter and Galco...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish I had some very light gloves with even one cartridge holder on the back side of the left one.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use the Hunter Belt Slide, works for all my .473 bolt head cartridges.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=cartridge+carrier

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I use the Triple K ones in short and long. Very nice pieces of kit. The Long holds my 300 H&H rounds well, the Medium 6.5x47 Lap and 7/08. Not sure what the short one would be like.

[Linked Image]

http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/13/prd/32/

Last edited by Adamjp; 08/26/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The problem with belt type cartridge holders is when you wear a coat that covers the cartridge holder. I know from experience that it is nearly impossible to get a shell out from under a long, all weather coat with one of the belt type shell holders when you are in the heat of needing another shot. This is especially true with the holder that folds over itself and needs to be unfolded under the coat before shells can be retrieved. With two hands it can be done. One hand to hold up the coat and the other to retrieve the shell but try that trick with one hand. It can be very difficult. My gun wears all the extras on an elastic band around the stock. Neat, and the extras are right close and very easy to grasp when needed.

Rolly
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It ain't no fun, when the rabbit's got the gun
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can make one in about a half hour with a small piece of 1" elastic tape and a sewing awl. Fits over wrist or glove and works fine. pic attached.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have several of those shown and use them all. In addition, on my Ruger #!, I cut down a flexible plastic cartridge carrier from a Federal ammo box and strapped it to the rifle by wrapping a length of velcro around the stock between the scope mounts. It holds 2 or three rounds longitudinally and is right above your trigger finger hand. Not much slower to reload than the way most of use a bolt action. I pad the back side of the velcro to prevent wear from velcro on stock and metal. Sorry don't have a photo. Easy to McGiver to your satisfaction.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tack
You can make one in about a half hour with a small piece of 1" elastic tape and a sewing awl. Fits over wrist or glove and works fine. pic attached.
[Linked Image]

I had one that I bought ($7 from Sportsmans Guide), had the cartridges oriented 90-degrees to the elastic band.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/bullet-wrap.aspx?a=683117

I slipped my elastic band around the entire rifle & forend, with the band passing under the scope between the rings. That way, the cartridges were carried parallel with the barrel, on each side of the chamber area.

[Linked Image]

It ain't no fun, when the rabbit's got the gun
21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thats what I need right there. Just a simple one or two cartridge holder. My thought was on the back of my left glove. When I work the action on my Number One my right hand is on its way to the next round on the left hand on the forearm.

Last edited by 21; 08/28/13.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rolly
The problem with belt type cartridge holders is when you wear a coat that covers the cartridge holder. I know from experience that it is nearly impossible to get a shell out from under a long, all weather coat with one of the belt type shell holders when you are in the heat of needing another shot. This is especially true with the holder that folds over itself and needs to be unfolded under the cohat before shells can be retrieved. With two hands it can be done. One hand to hold up the coat and the other to retrieve the shell but try that trick with one hand. It can be very difficult. My gun wears all the extras on an elastic band around the stock. Neat, and the extras are right close and very easy to grasp when needed.

We ain't got to worry too much about coats around here, not braggin or anything. Besides, I wear a belt that holds a knife, a cartridge slide, offentimes a handgun, and other required accouterments outside whatever I may or may not be wearing. Affords easy access.

To each their own.

Last edited by AJD; 08/28/13.

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I use one from Simply Rugged that you can use as a wallet or on your belt. It has two positions for the snap closure so that I can use it for both .308 and .35 Whelen length cartridges.

Last edited by alukban; 08/29/13.
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Picked up the one from Jeff's outfitters. Thanks!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,700 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.