Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
earlier this week i was down south of phx, and found this agricultural field and tree farm, there were people shooting there so didn't think any issue. Went back today and as i was turning on I8 south of casa grande, i see two highway patrol vehicles code three running to the west, a pinal county deputy, and a indian police vehicle. Okay. So anyway i pull in along this agricultural field and see all the no trespassing signs.
Go into the tree farm and talk to this guy filling a water truck.
Said the owner had no problem with hunting but better check with office. I did. The guy there said was i talking to a guy in a orange jump suit. Sure was. He was one of 14 department of corrections imates released on a daily basis to work on the tree farm. Kind of NO firearms allowed. The guy in the office directed me to a old building/corral about a mile away off the property which i went to. Next to it were the BLM signs warning of the high drug trafficing/illegal area. This is only a few miles from an indian rez. The guy in the office told me to me careful, these weren't lettuce pickers headed north, it was under the control of the sinola cartel narcos. Now i was only about 40-50 miles south of phoenix. I did not enter any further more out of concern for my pup, i didn't want her to become tacos. Heck of a thing, we can consider bombing syria, but we can't control the desert in the state of Arizona.
As a kid i use to hunt in the desert all the time, you always worried about heat, snakes, and stuff like that. Now you wonder about running into the cartel. It just isn't worth it. If the gov. will not back up border patrol in confrontations, If you ever DID have a problem, your azz would be up for cutting.
I might add on the first run out of where that corral was i saw a ol ford truck pulling a trailer/water container. On leaving the second time, he was headed out into the desert. Must he hauling water to water the bushes.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/05/13.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
welcome to the real world, so far this week ive found a man and wife and 2 little boys on the north ranch, they were about done in, got them some help. found a dead salvadoran, at the west ranch hunting camp, and picked up 2 teen age boys that just wanted to go home. we have a road on the west ranch about 12 miles from my house that looks like a hiway of foot prints every morning,last week one of my ranch hands went home just before dark and got out of his truck and here came 2 guys one with a big long knife and the other with a big club jorge, had his .45 on and backed them off. called for help on the radio, i went to help him turned out there were 12 of them in the bushs, right behind his house, with his wife a 2 little kids, that got a little spooky. rio7

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I feel sorry for you guys out there. I just can't believe that we have so little concern for our borders or our citizens who live near them. Some cartel controls part of Arizona?....Un friggen believable....If I was king, I would send the 101st ariborne down there....what happened to my country??

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hey Ron, I don't know if you saw it in the other post, but it was a pleasure meeting you "again" on opening day. Sorry the birds didn't cooperate for us. It is sad to hear about all the warning signs about the illegal aliens in the area. That is one reason I do not put in for the southern area of the state for deer. I used to love to hunt down in Patigonia. Seems strange to have to have to carry my AR-15 with a couple of 30 round mags while hunting grin

Michael had a great time trying to teach your pup to fetch birds. Hope to see you again with better results. I am at a loss as to where to go this weekend. The water hole was dried up at the area we were at. Just a couple of ruts had water. I need to get him to a farm somewhere where he can go thru a few rounds to get the hang of bird hunting. laugh

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
i thought i had a good spot there, certainly a LOT of dove. The orange jumpsuits, prisoners, on the farm kind of puts a stop to that.
The pup had a good time with your son. She goes to the vet tomorrow partially to check on allergies, but she has been limping again. Hope it is not more trouble with her front elbows.
She was with me today, enjoyed the ride if nothing else.
There are a lot of dove flying around casa grande, but a spot to shoot, i don't know.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My step-son worked on a farm over there for about six months. On nights when they cut hay, he said it was a miracle that they didn't kill someone with the equipment. People were hiding everywhere there was a little cover.

At least you had doves--ours seem to have gone AWOL, and no migrants yet.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Drive Through Arizona City On Sun Lan Gin. WhenThe road Turns Sharp South, File The Canal North, Shoot Anywhere Along The Canal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (406_SBC, 444Matt, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 20 invisible), 1,947 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.