Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The government is a result of evolution. No one would plan it this way.

This came from Rep. Dennis Richardson in an email:

CRC Executive Summary. Governor Kitzhaber has now suggested he �might� call a Special Session of the Legislature on September 30th, which happens to be the final day for filing the grant request for the light-rail portion of the CRC Project. I am opposed to forcing light-rail on Vancouver citizens, building a 100 year bridge that is designed with inadequate clearance for current and future shipping vessels and placing the sole financial responsibility for this two-state, multi-billion dollar project solely on the backs of Oregon citizens.To see detailed information on why I believe it would be a major mistake for Oregon to go forward with the CRC Project, click here. In short, the conditions placed in the CRC legislation during the 2013 Legislative Session to protect Oregon citizens from a financial nightmare have served their purposes.

What is the CRC? The Columbia River Crossing (CRC) refers to the $3.4 billion highway and bridge project intended to (1.) reconfigure Port of Portland access and Interstate-5 Freeway interchanges between north Portland and southern Vancouver, (2.) replace the existing I-5 Columbia River Bridge and (3.) extend Portland�s Tri-Met light-rail system across the new bridge to downtown Vancouver, Washington.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
that is so true. we're work in process. notice I didn't say a work in progress, but in process. there IS a difference.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

'Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.'

- Albert Einstein

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
there is a lot of good to say about that practice. one thing that can be said is that it's a very difficult practice for most of us. we love animal protein too much for it to be easy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Vegetarians are delicious. I love 'processed' vegetables.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eight lanes, fixed span as high or higher than the current drawbridges go.

No bike paths or trolly tracks. They can use one of the existing spans and pay for it themselves (bike tolls and train surcharge) if it's that important to them. And I can guarantee that it ain't...

They do that and I MIGHT support it.

Hell, what the metro area REALLY needs is a West side bypass that connects Silicon Forest to Wilsonville (at 205) and Mill plain in Washington (crossing the Columbia at Sauvie Island). Cut Portland right out of it all.

Carpe' Scrotum

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (Birdwatcher, 35, Ashworth, Bigd7378, 11 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,256
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.