Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
eek eek - Figured some of you fathers would enjoy this..

Link...![/color][/b]

[b]Dad Wears Short Shorts to Teach Daughter a Lesson

[Linked Image]

A Utah dad got so fed up with his teen daughter�s too-short shorts that he taught her a fashion lesson she'll never forget. Scott Mackintosh publicly modeled his own version of his daughter's Daisy Dukes and, in the process, became an Internet hero.

�I simply did this in hopes that my daughter would know of my great love for her and that she knows of her great worth,� Scott Mackintosh told the Deseret News about the photo of himself in cutoffs, which has since become a Tumblr sensation. �Now that it has gone viral, I hope that young women everywhere understand their great worth. I will look like an idiot any day if that point gets across."

The story behind the trail of Mackintosh's short-shorts photo is as old as the Internet, beginning when his daughter posted it on Tumblr; and as of Thursday it has received over 130,000 notes from fans of the image.

�My mom told me to change my �slutty� shorts before we went to dinner,� was how daughter Myley described the photo. �I said no. [color:#FF0000]So my dad cut his jeans to fit in. We went to dinner and then mini golf like this.�

Then Mackintosh, a father of seven, published his side of the story on his wife's blog, Becky Mack�s Blog of Mild Chaos. He wrote:

�I know the world has varying degrees of what is modest and what is not when it comes to clothing. In our family we have pretty definite modesty guidelines; No mid-drift or low-cut shirts, no short-shorts, short skirts and we even go as far as saying no sleeveless shirts unless playing sports or on the beach. Having raised four daughters and three sons, I�m a bit protective. Some may call me old fashion, but I call it �A Dad who loves his daughters� (and sons too) I know some of you may be rolling your eyes and that�s okay, my daughter does it all the time. I�m a firm believer that the way we dress sends messages about us, and it influences the way we and others act.�

That said, he went on to describe how the short-shorts incident began one evening as the family prepared to head out to dinner and to play some mini-golf. His wife, Becky, asked Myley to change out of her inappropriately short cutoffs, but she refused.

�Instead of turning her response and disrespectful attitude into a major battle, I decided to make a �small� statement on how her short-shorts maybe aren�t as �cute� as she thinks!� Mackintosh wrote. That�s when he cut almost the entire legs off of an old pair of jeans and pulled them on, certain that his point would be instantly made. But Myley didn�t even notice at first; she remained stoic all through dinner and mini golf, but finally broke when they made a stop for post-game milkshakes, refusing to get out of the car with him.

�There was no �Dad I get it� or �Dad you�re the best�. thanks for that awesome lesson,� he admitted. �I don�t think my object lesson of �modest is hottest� made the statement I had intended. But no matter if social media gets the story mixed up and twisted, my daughter will always know that her dad loves her and cares about her enough to make a fool out of himself.�

He later told local KSL News, �She�s dressed a little better since then, yes she has.�

And fellow parents have been impressed with Mackintosh's attempt to get his message across, with Twitter fans writing, �Drastic, but brilliant measures� and �Good dad!� On Becky's blog, one 19-year-old fan wrote, �I just wanted to thank you, your caring husband, your sweet sons, and the rest of your family so much for setting an example for the whole world.�

He now joins the annals of parents who have recently resorted to teaching unusual (if much more severely mortifying) lessons: California mom Frances Hena, who punished her tween this week by having her stand at a busy intersection wearing a sign that read �I was disrespecting my parents by twerking at a school dance�; the Utah girl punished for bullying another girl over her fashion sense by being forced to wear ugly clothing in public; the 12-year-old girl who, after posing with a bottle of vodka on Instagram, had to post herself holding a note that read �Since I want to post photos of me holding liquor, I am obviously not ready for social media and will be taking a hiatus until I learn what I should and should not post.�

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell, I don't have kids but I'm impressed.

Attaboy

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not that good a dad, I'd have raised a stink and left little Miss Thang at home and prolly kept my own azz covered!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This thread has potential.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have a soon to be 16 yo daughter that will see this tonight.......

I wonder if she'd appreciate me sporting some of those DD shorts at the Friday night football game she is soooooo looking forward to??

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least he didn't shave his legs?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Geeze, what a stupid, panty waist way to get the message across to your kids. Ain't anybody got any balls anymore ? I simply would have told my daughter she wasn't leaving the house that way unless she was ready to get her own place and pay her own bills. Until then, my house, my rules. End of discussion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope this is not becoming a trend.....

[Linked Image]

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Short shorts on girls?

I'm not seeing the problem here...

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good Dad, knows how to get his point across. My boy was misbehaving in school and was told that if it didn't end he would be accompanied to school by his mother or I depending on the day, the thought horrified him and the problems ended that day.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, the 60's-70's all over again but they ain't frayed enough.

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good thing she wasn't screwing a large black man.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i told the girls "You cant embarrass me any where close to as bad as i can embarrass you." laugh

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn
[Linked Image]

This blows mizz Kansas out of the damn water!!! Nice!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The girl otta cut hers even shorter so he will too, and look even more the idiot he is

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by RDFinn
[Linked Image]

This blows mizz Kansas out of the damn water!!! Nice!

Wasn't hard to do. That chick was a couple of clicks above average around here.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by JPro
I hope this is not becoming a trend.....

[Linked Image]

Travis Junior?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.