OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Show em to me. Custom or semi custom!

Roy

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Super lite T3 in Sako Classic Edge with Bryd /Talleys and 3.5X10X40 Leupold...in 30-06 Sprg......weighing in at 6 lbs 9 ozs

[Linked Image]

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the fluting on those Super Lites!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Trickin' out a Tikka is like Trickin' out a Toyota Yaris.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slg888

Or an old Plymouth Duster..................LOL!!!

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by slg888

Yeah it makes way more sense to pimp a model 700 crazy .

That T3 Lite is awesome Mistem. A rifle like that make it hard for you to live up to your name in the field? grin

R
RTSJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Not for me guys, calm down!! A LH buddy has a one and it is a real shooter. Consistent 1/2 moa. Wanted to find out what he could do to make it a semi custom. Doesn't have the money for a full custom so I told him I would post for some pics.

Roy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Manners makes a VERY nice stock for the Tikka T3!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a Tikka T3 Lite 300 WSM my dad bought me a couple of years ago that I'd like to have some work done on. I was thinking a new stock (B&C), flute the bolt and a new bolt shroud.

You ain't about that life.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Companies are taking note about the popularity of Tikkas. Lots of aftermarket goodies like bolts, mag systems and stocks on the market now.

Mine in a B&C stock. Currently have a McMillan Edge on order, and swapped out the Aimpoint rings for some TPS. I like this stock, but I am just trying to get it lighter.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

R
RTSJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Companies are taking note about the popularity of Tikkas. Lots of aftermarket goodies like bolts, mag systems and stocks on the market now.

Mine in a B&C stock. Currently have a McMillan Edge on order, and swapped out the Aimpoint rings for some TPS. I like this stock, but I am just trying to get it lighter.

[Linked Image]

Dogcatcher. What options r there in mag boxes? Any extended ones?

Roy

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The factory mags are either 3 or 5 round. I think there are a couple other companies making them including AICS. They make new bottom metal and mags but only for 308 based cartridges I believe.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/11...hable-box-magazine-tikka-t3-short-action

R
RTSJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
My buddy has the 300 short mag and wants to seat the bullets out deeper and can't find a way to do it.

Roy

Last edited by RTSJ; 09/19/13.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
He could get a factory long action mag, and remove the short bolt stop and swap it with a long bolt stop.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm liking the vortex bolt fluting, looks right with the action angles..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damnation....
[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 16bore

[Linked Image]

That looks great! I really like that Vortex fluting!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What is the point? Are not Tikkas already ugly, are light, and usually shoot rather well?

Perhaps they could use a paint job. The polymers used in the magazines seem to be really tough. Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It pisses off the haters........

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
OK by me! Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not everyone's cup of tea but it shoots in the ones, a T-3 22-250 HB Varmint, Sterk titanium bolt shroud, Delta Tactical bolt handle, GRS stock.

[Linked Image]

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

Please give the details about that tikka! Looks awesome!

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damnation....
[Linked Image]

Agreed! I like that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aint mine, follow the link from 300's post at the hide. I thought it was too good not to have on this thread. Chad's stuff is badass wish I had one. Same goes for the vortex fluting, some other dude at the hide

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BD, that is a wicked rig!

Eric

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
yukonal has some badazzz Tikkas too. Maybe he'll show up.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

[Linked Image]

I dig this!! Would love this just as is in a .223 or 220 Swift!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I only have a small number of rifles that I wish I had kept. This Tikka 595 SS is one of them. McMillan Sako Hunter stock, aluminum shroud, featherweight contoured barrel. Shot ridiculously well all the time...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Manners makes a VERY nice stock for the Tikka T3!!!

Post a couple ....pictures,please.
I may switch to the Manner...customer service from Mcmillan sucks big time frown

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BlackDog1
Not everyone's cup of tea but it shoots in the ones, a T-3 22-250 HB Varmint, Sterk titanium bolt shroud, Delta Tactical bolt handle, GRS stock.

[Linked Image]

I love that rifle. I've had it in my hands a few times. It's pretty bad azz, just doesn't fit a southpaw very well though frown grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This isn't that all tricked out, but it's a Tikka T3 Lite .243 Win with a Hinterland Shooting Supplies (Australia) aftermarket bolt shroud and bolt handle. It took me about 30 min to put it together (I'm mechanically inept). I also installed a Limbsaver recoil pad.

I'm using DNZ Game Reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6 2-12x50 TDS.

This is how it was shooting on its first day out yesterday. No scope adjustment whatsoever after mounting and bore sighting. It really likes 95 gr. Fusions.

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Eric, how do you like that bolt handle? Do you think it's a little too big? That's my only concern with them.

BTW don't think you're going to get much better than that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
01Foreman, I just installed it moments ago. I'll let you know but I think I'm going to like it. It clears the scope easily and should make cycling faster/more positive. Plus it's tacti-cool. lol. The rifle was shooting multiple loads very well. I had a near 10-shot MOA group but I flung one just outside when I was getting a little cocky.

Eric

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by EricM
01Foreman, I just installed it moments ago. I'll let you know but I think I'm going to like it. It clears the scope easily and should make cycling faster/more positive. Plus it's tacti-cool. lol. The rifle was shooting multiple loads very well. I had a near 10-shot MOA group but I flung one just outside when I was getting a little cocky.

Eric

Eric, I shoot sub moa 10 shot groups with my Ruger m77 .223 wink...That's a good shooting tikka though...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I was goofing around in the shop of a well known west coast tactical rifle guy when we started discussing tikkas and why they shoot so well out of the box. I volunteered my t-3 .270 as a data point and he tore it down. When all was said and done there was nothing to square or true up on the chamber cut, receiver face or anything else. He said it would be worthless to do anything other than what the factory did regarding the action itself.

The OEM stock does pretty well but can clearly be improved. I went with the BC and like it but it does seem a bit heavy. I would love to spring for a manners some day but it is hard to justify, I seriously doubt there is anything I could do to my tikka to allow it to perform any better in the field.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great shooting and your rifle looks great Eric! IME, The Hinterland or Delta Tactical handles make bolt cycling quicker and more positive. I sure like mine. As an alternative, Beretta does sell a bolt handle add-on that makes the bolt knob larger and easier to grip.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
I was goofing around in the shop of a well known west coast tactical rifle guy when we started discussing tikkas and why they shoot so well out of the box. I volunteered my t-3 .270 as a data point and he tore it down. When all was said and done there was nothing to square or true up on the chamber cut, receiver face or anything else. He said it would be worthless to do anything other than what the factory did regarding the action itself.

The OEM stock does pretty well but can clearly be improved. I went with the BC and like it but it does seem a bit heavy. I would love to spring for a manners some day but it is hard to justify, I seriously doubt there is anything I could do to my tikka to allow it to perform any better in the field.

I like how the B&C stock adds a little weight. My 300 WSM T3 is right on the edge of uncomfortable to shoot.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Love mine. Its not pimped out, just a stock stainless 243 with talley mounts and a 3-9 Conquest. Worked up a 80gr barnes load for it that will put 3 touching. Shot an old buck last week at about 90 yds. Dropped in his tracks.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BlackDog1

[Linked Image]

I love that rifle. I've had it in my hands a few times. It's pretty bad azz, just doesn't fit a southpaw very well though frown grin

Thanks guys, they make'em for lefties too.......Uh Hmmm.... wait a second....aren't your pre's all right handed ?????? whistle laugh

- Winston Churchill-

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yeah, but that bad hummer is really set up for a righty whistle

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
anyone have a line on one of the aluminum shrouds? Everywhere I look is Out of stock

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have no pictures, but my Tikka T3 stainless 30-06 is a pure tack driver shooting Sierra 150 BTSP Gamekings over 52.0 grains of IMR-4064!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's one of several customs that I've built on Tikka T3 actions. Just plain FUN to shoot. 400 is a gimme.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Very nice in all regards, no denying that....

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree, some great examples here!!

BSA, your 223 sounds like a winner! Yukon, very impressive shooting!!

Originally Posted by Phoneman
anyone have a line on one of the aluminum shrouds? Everywhere I look is Out of stock

I bought mine on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181221228027. Shipped from Australia.

Eric

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the worst thing about tikka is beretta is in charge of them. What a terrible company for customer service. I have owned 3 tikkas and all of them have shot .5 moa on the first outting to the range, in fact I have a 30-06 that averaged .5moa with 4 different bullets and 3 different powders. thats the great thing about tikkas is they just shoot everything well. Its really too bad they don't offer a 6.5-284 in a varmint weight barrel or a 7 mag in a varmint barrel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rizzy is the color, but no more from down under. Tricked Talley's and 20 minutes with a soldering iron on the stock.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I agree, some great examples here!!

BSA, your 223 sounds like a winner! Yukon, very impressive shooting!!

I bought mine on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181221228027. Shipped from Australia.

Eric

It's not too bad buddy. When I get tired of bedding and tinkering, I'll probably go the Tikka route wink...Until then, I'll just keep shooting my model 70's and Ruger M77's...I've had the pleasure of handling a few Tikka's at the store and blackdog1's and they are damn nice shooting machines. You guys have some nice Tikka's. My Ruger m77's and Win model 70's take a lot of work to make them shoot like a Tikka ;):

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These groups were shot right after installing a new scope on the .223...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Did you contact Tikka Performance in Montana ? Last time I talked to Greg he said had them coming in. Hinterland is good to go and Sterk in Australia mills them out of titanium......

- Winston Churchill-

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice shootin' BSA and 16Bore! Something to aspire to! cool

Eric

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

http://gladesarmory.com/home/33/tikka-t3-cnc-machined-aluminum-shroud-black.html

Also there is a guy in Canada that makes them too and his are the ones that I have on my rifles, they look like the ones from Glade. His name is Ben and here is his contact info:
cgnflickgmail.com.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks fellas

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Love me some Tikkas......nice shootin' fellas!

BTW, does the wind ever blow where you guys shoot????? smile

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
FYI, there are aluminum shrouds and bolt handles all over ebay.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Damnation....
[Linked Image]

Dang, that looks good!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only thing that sucks is ROI........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Love me some Tikkas......nice shootin' fellas!

BTW, does the wind ever blow where you guys shoot????? smile

.460 BC helps to tame it a bit...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This isn't that all tricked out, but it's a Tikka T3 Lite .243 Win with a Hinterland Shooting Supplies (Australia) aftermarket bolt shroud and bolt handle. It took me about 30 min to put it together (I'm mechanically inept). I also installed a Limbsaver recoil pad.

I'm using DNZ Game Reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6 2-12x50 TDS.

This is how it was shooting on its first day out yesterday. No scope adjustment whatsoever after mounting and bore sighting. It really likes 95 gr. Fusions.

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice, Eric! My first .243 was a Tikka and I still have it. If you are bringing that one in a few weeks we should feed it some of my 85 grain tsx hand loads and see how it likes them. I can always load you up a few boxes if it shoots them as good as mine does.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, Joe! I'm amazed at how well this factory rifle shoots! It's incredible for the price. I'm bringing it to WY and would love to try the 85 gr tsx handloads out. Who knows, maybe I can beat a quarter inch. lol.

Eric

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, Joe! I'm amazed at how well this factory rifle shoots! It's incredible for the price. I'm bringing it to WY and would love to try the 85 gr tsx handloads out. Who knows, maybe I can beat a quarter inch. lol.

Eric

There are a lot of customs that don't shoot that good.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
my step father was at my house the other day and was checking out an M700 of mine. He is not a gun guy but noted how smooth the action felt. I then handed him a tikka and he was amazed at the difference.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yesterday I ordered a B&C stock olive with black web from Stockys. Just place an order with Hinterland for the aluminum bolt shroud. Gonna call Kampfeld tomorrow about fluting the bolt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wicked combination, Foreman. You'll have to post some pics when it's all up and done!

Eric

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Posted these previously, but here you go for the thread.

[Linked Image]

M695 rebarrelled in 275Rigby

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M595 in .260

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Tikka260, Now those are two classy rifles!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tikka260 those are sweet!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My T3 in 6.5 Creedmoor.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by yukonal
Here's one of several customs that I've built on Tikka T3 actions. Just plain FUN to shoot. 400 is a gimme.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I think I asked before, but how long is that barrel? Standard A3 stock? Factory bottom metal?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
While not really tricked out, here is my LH T3 in 270 wsm. The stock is an MPI that I finished. I also had a stainless steel recoil lug made that I permanently attached to the stock using devcon titanium. The factory aluminum lug was already getting dinged up. This is my poor mans Rifles INC Strata! It weighs right at 7 lbs

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a Tikka T3 Lite in the rare 6.5x55 SE caliber. I bought it from Setterman here recently. The barrel was blasted with aluminum oxide to provide a nice matte finish. The stock was cerakoted olive drab with black webbing. For optics I'm using DNZ game reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6i 2-12x50 TDS.

I took the rifle to the range today shooting 120 gr BTs, TSX, TTSX, and 140 gr NPs, ABs, Amax, and Fusions. I'd hunt with any of these rounds but the 120 BTs really hammered. This group was shot while a Bubba was rapid firing his .308 win next to me. smile

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Kampfeld helped this one along!! Still thinking about a Micky of some sort or trying a Manners but does great as is.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Here is a Tikka T3 Lite in the rare 6.5x55 SE caliber. I bought it from Setterman here recently. The barrel was blasted with aluminum oxide to provide a nice matte finish. The stock was cerakoted olive drab with black webbing. For optics I'm using DNZ game reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6i 2-12x50 TDS.

I took the rifle to the range today shooting 120 gr BTs, TSX, TTSX, and 140 gr NPs, ABs, Amax, and Fusions. I'd hunt with any of these rounds but the 120 BTs really hammered. This group was shot while a Bubba was rapid firing his .308 win next to me. smile

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice rifle buddy. Looks like another awesome shooter you got there..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, BSA. I can't wait to hunt it!

Eric

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I think I asked before, but how long is that barrel? Standard A3 stock? Factory bottom metal?

26", and yes, factory dbm. Standard Micky A3.

Last edited by yukonal; 01/08/14.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I sold this last year but here is my old .300 Whisp-out..

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
One I will never sell, 6.5x55 in Mcmillan Sako Classic Edge.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
It is not tricked out and a really it isn't in my hands yet but I will soon have my first Tikka. Hopefullly I will keeping long enough to trick it out. It is a stainless .25-06 in the black laminated stock. The plan is to have the bolt and barrel fluted and an aluminum shroud. I have a Leopold matte finish 6x42 scope that will go on it in the factory rings for now until I find better rings.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Tennessee
One I will never sell, 6.5x55 in Mcmillan Sako Classic Edge.

[Linked Image]

Tennessee:

How much does she weigh? Nice looking rig.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How do you aim that stick? wink Nice.

Jerred, what chambering? Nice work.

Eric, who did your cerakote?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eddie Fosnaugh did the cerakote. I think it turned out well!

Eric

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
RobJ, I never weighed the rifle before I put optics on it. It has a nice heavy illuminated Conquest Duralyt on it now and I really like it.

It is still a very light rifle and very pointable. The LOP is just a bit shorter than factory and I really like that also.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jerrad, like to hear range report, expect its diet just makes it a tad tougher for sub half inch bench work.

Erik, yes very nice work. TN - nice set up, right sized glass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about another .284 WIN? My latest...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about another .284 WIN? My latest...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Oh, I LIKE that rifle. cool cool

One question. Did you have to do anything special to the action or magazines to get the .284 case to feed?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No. They both feed flawlessly.

I built them both using the long bolt stop, and long magazines.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Al, do you happen to have a pic of the bottom metal inlet? I'd love to see how the factory bottom metal fits into the stock

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is the stock inlet. Maybe you are asking for a pic of my bottom "metal" installed in the stock?

[Linked Image]

Out of the 5 McMillans I have Tikka's sitting into, 2 of them are perfect, 2 of them have the "metal" proud, and one is very close to being right. I don't have a pic of this particular one with bottom "metal" installed.

I re-inlet all of them and bed the bottom metal anyway, so they all end up looking pretty good.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do they have long, med, and short action? If so, what is the max length cartridge that will fit in the medium and short actions?

HogWild
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks Al. I was mostly curious about how "proud" the metal is. I have a Manners EH1 on order, and they dislike when people spec a factory bottom metal due to the fact it doesn't sit flush

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by HogWild
Do they have long, med, and short action? If so, what is the max length cartridge that will fit in the medium and short actions?

Actions are all the same length. The difference is in the bolt face, bolt stop and magazines

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. They both feed flawlessly.

I built them both using the long bolt stop, and long magazines.

Thanks for the information. You have set me to thinking about a 6-284. smile

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by darrenk75b
Thanks Al. I was mostly curious about how "proud" the metal is. I have a Manners EH1 on order, and they dislike when people spec a factory bottom metal due to the fact it doesn't sit flush

I don't get that! I don't understand why McM and Manners can't get the inlet right...after all, the inlet is copied on a CNC machine. I can tell you one thing. I haven't put one together yet, on a McMillan, that popped the magazine out properly, after dropping the barreled action into the stock. I've had to shim up the front action screw, or solve the problem by opening the inlet and bedding the bottom metal. Then the magazine loads and releases properly.

Something is off a little with their inlet.

Maybe I need to let them know... wink

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a fun day at the range today with my T3 Lite 6.5x55. The BTs are still the clear winner, but the Tikka did well with all loads. The 156 gr Oryx shows real promise as the first three were plugged into .25" before I made a grip adjustment and lost it. The 120 TTSX can also be worked on, obviously. The barrel was starting to heat up here so I'm not sure if that caused the stringing, or something I did.

Gotta love these Tikkas!

Eric

120 gr BTs......... .19"
140 gr AMAX...... .32"
140 gr NP........... .55"
120 gr TTSX....... .94" (5 shot)
156 gr Oryx....... .94" (5 shot)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Probably the barrel heating up. Nice shooting though buddy..."You can be my wingman anytime".. laugh

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, BSA. laugh The 120 TTSX began with the upper left shot and trailed down, one step at a time. Next time I'll have to start with a cool barrel and see how it compares.

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Could have been your breathing or grip change, but more likely the barrel getting hot. I like those Tikka's. I was asking a guy about 1 in the classifieds and haven't heard back from him. I was thinking about buying myself a birthday present, but if the homo doesn't want to answer a question in the classifieds, he can keep it..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You could do what I did with the 243 and buy one straight up. The new cost is pretty darn cheap.

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I really think I'm going to go "all out" if I do buy one and just get a lefty stainless super light in 6.5x55 wink

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BSA, sadly they don't make a Super Lite in a 6.5x55. But I've seen more lefty T3 Lites in this caliber on GB than right handed models, which are like finding a unicorn.

If I find one I'll drop you a PM!

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm patient, I'll wait laugh ..Thanks buddy!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a 708, with a #3 Lilja(at 22"), in a McMillan Sako Classic(Brown w/Black Speckles).
It hammers with 120 NBT's...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by yukonal; 02/24/14.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Al, you have some sweet Tikkas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Al - 9 ROT? Is a 3 Lilja like a 2 Bart?

Nice T3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sweet build Al! Did you bed that rifle with your recoil lug or the factory lug? How is McM doing on the T3 inletting these days?

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Here's a 708, with a #3 Lilja(at 22"), in a McMillan Sako Classic(Brown w/Black Speckles).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I really like that.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lilja barreled T3 in 6mm Remington:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a 9 twist, and yes, I have my custom recoil lug installed. I bedded it into Devcon 10110. I haven't worked with the factory lug yet, but I have all the equiptment and pillars ready to go. Soon, very soon.

Mac, you got a factory Lam stock? You dog, you! grin Sweet rifle.

Since we all like to see targets, here's three from the first day I went from a 1-3/4" high zero at 100 yards, out to the 600 yard range. The first target is at 100. I've got the 120 NBT's smoking over 3,000 fps. For a [lighter] weight rifle, this one really impresses me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tikka260
Posted these previously, but here you go for the thread.

[Linked Image]

M695 rebarrelled in 275Rigby

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M595 in .260

[Linked Image]

I couldn't agree more. The top blued model is eye catching and classy. All nice rigs fellas

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
YukonAl,

Yep, it actually came from a .300 win T3. Swapped stocks and put it on the 6mm. It's quite a pretty stock for a laminate. Almost looks like green camo in the field.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Al, waiting on Swampman to tell you his stock 700 is THE BEST in the WORLD...LOL.

Nice shooting, nice T3s guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Lilja barreled T3 in 6mm Remington:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I Love That Rifle. cool cool

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I Love That Rifle too. cool cool

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've really had good luck with Lilja barrels. And I had this one in my hands in less than 12 weeks. grin

The cut, fit, chamber, crown was 3 days. grin I have my own reamer I had Kiff build using one of my dummy rounds, set up for 140 AB's.

The McMillan, however, was over 7 months... shocked

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does the bottom metal still hang out of the stock?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No. As I stated someplace up above, I clean up the bottom metal inlet and bed the bottom metal with devcon. It looks right when I'm done with it. wink

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's another 7MM-08.
Kreiger #4-1/2 stainless
McMillan Sako Varmint
My Custom Recoil Lug, and pillar bedded.
Set up for 140 AccuBombs

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And, yep, this one shoots too.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's another 7MM-08.
Kreiger #4-1/2 stainless
McMillan Sako Varmint
My Custom Recoil Lug, and pillar bedded.
Set up for 140 AccuBombs

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And, yep, this one shoots too.

Another beauty that I love cool cool

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you mount that?

The scope! What did you think I was talking about?

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
^ Tikka groupies!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks badass! Bet there isn't even any big bucks on the mountain in the background...

Tanner

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Had Karl do another one up for me, My new 204 I was lucky enough to find this winter!!! Match's my 243 that I had him do. This one was stainless had I spirl fluted and flutes blackened.Scope is VX-2 3-9x40 with CDS Factory rings for now
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by JerradPelzer; 03/11/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yum! You have fine tastes! cool

Eric

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bone stock Tikka. This was made decades before the plastikkas of today...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
Had Karl do another one up for me, My new 204 I was lucky enough to find this winter!!! Match's my 243 that I had him do. This one was stainless had I spirl fluted and flutes blackened.Scope is VX-2 3-9x40 with CDS Factory rings for now
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jerrad that one turned out awesome.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
338 win mag
[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Tikka 223 1:8 Varmint
Manners EH1 with standard fill
Atalasworx DBM, knob and shroud (this DBM fits perfectly into the CDI inlet)
EGW Rail
Burris tac rings
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 with MOA-2 reticle
I added the camo splotches with Duracoat
Oh - ignore the cheap bipod. Only on there for the photo op

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Dang it, thinking I need my bolt fluted now. Nice guns!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Check this out!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1:8 twisted 260 will be king....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My 6.5x55 is an 8 twist, and it shoots everything. Shooting 123's just to keep the velocity up a bit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by darrenk75b
Tikka 223 1:8 Varmint
Manners EH1 with standard fill
Atalasworx DBM, knob and shroud (this DBM fits perfectly into the CDI inlet)
EGW Rail
Burris tac rings
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 with MOA-2 reticle
I added the camo splotches with Duracoat
Oh - ignore the cheap bipod. Only on there for the photo op

[Linked Image]

That looks really good Darren, good job on the stock!

"Team 7MM-08"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I like his table decorations better than his wife's, haha.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Actually got a decent morning and got to shoot the new 204 as usual shot good as usual. I only shot some 40gr but I tend to use the 32gr more often so will see what it does with them.

After looking for a dang tikka 204 for a year or so and member on here finding one for me I found 2 more today!!! May keep one and sell one will see!! Too fun to play with!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check this out!

[Linked Image]

The trick is getting Beretta usa to import them. They have the worst customer service or ear to shooters desires.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first "tricked" Tikka - T3 Lite .223 1-8" twist. Had to have a few things added, really like the new bolt knob - its just right:)
Now just need to get a scope on it & shoot!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 03/25/14.

"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks great, Frank! Is that Kampfeld ti bolt fluting? What bolt knob are you using?

Eric

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ditto, I like that middle knob. I have the carbon one, but it seems a little too big.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks great, Frank! Is that Kampfeld ti bolt fluting? What bolt knob are you using?

Eric

Yup, Ti style bolt flute by Karl, that's also his "Campfire" knob. I like it!

"Team 7MM-08"
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Did he cerakote the flutes? Who painted the stock what color was used I need to do that to one of mine. Stock looks great.

Tater
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
Did he cerakote the flutes? Who painted the stock what color was used I need to do that to one of mine. Stock looks great.

Flutes are Cerakoted graphite black and the stock he painted olive base & black web.

"Team 7MM-08"
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks that gun looks real good

Tater
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice work and setup, Frank! I might have to get the bolt fluting done on mine. Love the look!

Eric

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
not if you have an older M695. They are heavy have a stainelss synth in .270 with talleys 22" barrel and no scope almost 9lbs. Accurate though. I am partial to light guns so may just sell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tikka T3 Lite 300 WSM
B&C Stock
Aluminum Bolt Shroud
Bolt Spiral Fluted by Kampfeld Customs

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks great 01Foreman, that Karl knows how to bling it up a bit!

"Team 7MM-08"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I just got my first manners stock. I bought one for my tikka 243 I really like the feel and looks of it it is one of the ultralite ones. It dropped in perfect I also really like the texture around the fore end and palm area. I'll try and get a few pics up

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reanimated!

Just got word my CTR .260 finally came in at LGS. Stoked.

Was about to cancel the order and buy a Silencerco Harvester and get my LTR .308 threaded. Now I gotta figure out what to sell to get the Harvester.

The new gun is now gonna be primary for 1st Colorado Elk Rifle hunt if all goes as planned.

Gonna go through this thread for inspiration and try to find Mackay's similar Tikka thread on here, too.

He had a similar one on Sniper's Hide but think they just flushed everything and started over...

Last edited by ColdCase1984; 10/30/14.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just got my first manners stock. I bought one for my tikka 243 I really like the feel and looks of it it is one of the ultralite ones. It dropped in perfect I also really like the texture around the fore end and palm area. I'll try and get a few pics up

+1 for pics!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some very nice looking rifles in this thread!! It gives a guy a few good ideas.

Jerrad I would love to see pics. I have a couple other manners EH-3's and love them. I think they do a great job on their stocks.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=varmintsinc]I was goofing around in the shop of a well known west coast tactical rifle guy when we started discussing tikkas and why they shoot so well out of the box. I volunteered my t-3 .270 as a data point and he tore it down. When all was said and done there was nothing to square or true up on the chamber cut, receiver face or anything else. He said it would be worthless to do anything other than what the factory did regarding the action itself.

My gunsmith said exactly the same thing but what would he know he only machines parts for NASA. grin

Just as a comparison to get a Rem 700 action trued by a gunsmith is a minimum of $600.

When building a custom the tikka offers a lot of value right out of the gate.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
When I had 6.5 Creedmoor built my smith only had to do minor work to get the lugs to make full contact.
What I don't understand is a lot complaining about the action being one length, but then most will say to built a short action caliber on a long action to set the bullets out further. Also complaints about the trigger guard and magazines could fail, but I have never read anything or seen pics showing a actually failure with either, but everyone loves Pmags. I have had two bolt shrouds crack but that is my only issue out of several T3's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The mags, shroud, and bottom plastic are a non issue, but easy pickins for the haters.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Painted factory stock and Zeiss HD5:

[Linked Image]

Had it in a Mcmillan mcwoody stock with a minox�but did not like it too much.

[Linked Image]

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The mags, shroud, and bottom plastic are a non issue

I'll not trash this thread nor pic a fight here. Nor even offer another word.

BUT. I find it very odd when somebody says he has cracked 2 plastic bolt shrouds, and then another tells him it's a non-issue.

Just sayin'.

Please continue. 2MG out........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The shrouds are nothing more than dust covers and do absolutely nothing but hide the ass. Take yours apart and you'll see.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

I'll not trash this thread nor pic a fight here. Nor even offer another word.

Must be all out of coffee? grin

Shod smile

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Bumping this thread.

Just picked up a SS T3 in 243, and would like to have a little fun with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny I was just reviewing it- again. Prob get Karl to flute my bolt and
may Paint stock, also do the solder iron on the checkering.

Oregon, who's handle is that above?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm tagging this thread so I can find my T3 photos and get them up. There are some really good looking rifles shown here. Thanks to all.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
7mm08, barrel cut to 19.25 and threaded 5-8/24 with a pressed on shoulder to seat the supressor against. Tungsten grey Cerakote. It is in a Manners stock now but I don't have a photo.

[Linked Image]

close up of muzzle..
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Tennessee; 12/03/14.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Another bad pic of my .300 Whisper

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
T3 Tactical .308 rattle-can paint job.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tag

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just picked up a SS T3 in 7mm08. Im getting 16bore to mill me a set of Talleys. I hope it shoots as good as most of these do. Some fine rifles posted in this thread.

Last edited by TLB2; 12/03/14.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a hankering to replace my walnut stock with a T3 Lite stock, paint it McMillan brown and put a red Pachmayr recoil pad on it. I've always loved that look (alot like the McSwirly above) and the Tikka is the best candidate presently.

Can anyone confirm that the Pachmayr can be put on the Lite stock? Can I drill holes in the stock to match up with the Pachmayr holes?

Last edited by turkish; 12/04/14.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well you can swap out with a limbsaver really easy. Don't know on the pachmayr? I actually don't mind the synthetic stocks they come with myself. I did pick up a manners that I like and can swap amongst all my tikkas if wanted which is nice.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jerrad,

How do like the Manners? Is it the Elite Hunter? Looks like a great stock.

I received my McM Edge Sako Hunter about 3 months ago. Really like it but strongly considered the Manners.

[Linked Image]

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MCT3
Jerrad,

How do like the Manners? Is it the Elite Hunter? Looks like a great stock.

I received my McM Edge Sako Hunter about 3 months ago. Really like it but strongly considered the Manners.

[Linked Image]

Very nice stock!! Yeah it's an elite hunter I picked up on the group buy last winter. I really like it. I absolutely like the grip the use. I got mcmillian to do it once but it's an extra I think on most now.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Excellent. Would be great to see some pics of that Manners stock when you get a chance.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Fluting and coating by Twisted Barrel.Stock by Bell & Carlson. 100yd group of day in day out Speer 160s.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Otter that is nice

Tater
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nice shooting. Wow, that looks sharp!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't believe fellas waste so much time and money messing with overpriced foreign budget rifles made out of plastic parts. grin

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I think I may need a 7 mag I got a tikka in 7mm-08

Tater
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I can't believe fellas waste so much time and money messing with overpriced foreign budget rifles made out of plastic parts. grin

Let's see -

Bolt handles don't fall off - check.

Extractors work - check.

Triggers are easy to adjust are not under numerous recalls - check.

Guaranteed to shoot sub one-inch 3 shot groups - check.

Shoot well out of the box without having to "fix" things - check.

Darned if I know either - Grin.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those are all Internet rumors, just like the groups......

That 7mag group is pretty sick. Too bad it came out of a $4,000 custom rig.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks fellas. The T3 7 mag shot everything well. From 140gr to 175 anyway. Retumbo and 7828 seemed to be king. I picked up 500 160gr Mag Tips for a great price and tried them for giggles. They just flat a$$ shoot out of this thing. 175gr Hornadys over 69gr of Retumbo are sweet as well. I wish I could swing a McWoody for her,but just can't find the cash for one yet. The B&C will have to do for now.

Last edited by Otter6; 12/07/14.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't touch a thing on that rig, 'cept maybe send the rings to Pop. Hell, I'd be afraid to unbolt them....

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've been thinking about having the rings done. They would be perfect for height afterward.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Otter6
Fluting and coating by Twisted Barrel.Stock by Bell & Carlson. 100yd group of day in day out Speer 160s.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dang I see multiple issues with this rifle and that group

1. I don't own it
2. I don't own it
3. I don['t own it

LOL

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Don't despair oldelkhunter. Guns rotate in and out of here pretty regularly,lol. One never knows.

Last edited by Otter6; 12/11/14.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Don't despair oldelkhunter. Guns rotate in and out of here pretty regularly,lol. One never knows.

I actually have one in 270 win with the b&C but the bolt is not as pretty and it shoots like a crazy SOB. I just wish I had yours in 7 rm mag

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by drover

Let's see -

Bolt handles don't fall off - check.

Extractors work - check.

Triggers are easy to adjust are not under numerous recalls - check.

Guaranteed to shoot sub one-inch 3 shot groups - check.

Shoot well out of the box without having to "fix" things - check.

Darned if I know either - Grin.

drover

Non of this stuff has anything to do with why you should buy a rifle.... ..or so I've been told! laugh

The tikka is a dependable, straight shooting, POS don't you know! grin

In light of these facts I've been thinking about a Manners or BellCarlson stock for my 270 tikka. And maybe some of those machined Talley's from 16 bore. laugh

Shod

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I got my 7mm08 done for now. Thinking about fluting the bolt and adding a campfire style bolt knob. The custom talleys came out nice. I may paint the stock later.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whats the all up weight?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
B
Hey fellas, getting started on a .300WM SuperLite build and this thread has me intrigued. Obviously I am new to the site and still finding my way around so I apologize if there is a better thread to address these questions.

I like the look of those custom Talley rings. Where are you all getting them done? Looks like 16bore is the one to contact? More importantly, can anyone confirm that there would be clearance with a Swaro Z3 or Z5 50mm scope?

Second, I have seen (I think on this site) where people have modified the stock with a soldering iron to add some grip texture. I can find videos on Stippling but that is just using a fine point to make tons of tiny holes. Are there any other techniques out there or How To threads/videos?

This is the image I am thinking of that was posted some 4 years ago...

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by gitem_12
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whats the all up weight?

8.3 lbs with 4 of her favorite 160gr handloads on board.

Last edited by Otter6; 12/20/14.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BradS
Hey fellas, getting started on a .300WM SuperLite build and this thread has me intrigued. Obviously I am new to the site and still finding my way around so I apologize if there is a better thread to address these questions.

I like the look of those custom Talley rings. Where are you all getting them done? Looks like 16bore is the one to contact? More importantly, can anyone confirm that there would be clearance with a Swaro Z3 or Z5 50mm scope?

Second, I have seen (I think on this site) where people have modified the stock with a soldering iron to add some grip texture. I can find videos on Stippling but that is just using a fine point to make tons of tiny holes. Are there any other techniques out there or How To threads/videos?

This is the image I am thinking of that was posted some 4 years ago...

[Linked Image]

I would like that on mine as well. that's a good look.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can test out the stippling on something else thats plastic, but the "melt rate" will be a little different. If that makes sense. There's a gillion ways you can do it once you get and idea of what happens when you apply the tip to the stock. Also the shape of the tip will make a difference. One warming is a pointed tip going deep will somewhat "perferate" the stock.

As for the rings, will the scope sit in the ones from the factory? The Lows modified will put the tube .412 off the receiver.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks 16Bore. That's good info. I have no experience with soldering irons so some practice on "other" items will certainly be a good idea.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
up

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Here is a couple pics of my Manners EHT. Kampfeld flutes and cerekote job
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Pretty sweet! Love the flute work. Was this a stainless or blued rifle in the beginning?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Here is a couple pics of my Manners EHT. Kampfeld flutes and cerekote job
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Do you have any pics of the bottom of the stock? Curious if it's as square as the SL.

Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That stock is wicked...

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
206 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 21 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.