Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The smoke of Satan has entered the sanctuary with this man, I fear.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He didn't say anything in opposition to the Church's teachings.

I think what he's trying to do is get people to stop condemning people and instead focus on spreading the Word.

In recent years, I do feel the Church had started to allow, by silence, it's members to judge and condemn people. It's the actions you are allowed to condemn. Not the people.

I do think he could do a better job of explaining it though. I bet he has a fine line to walk. While the Catholic Church has shrunk in terms of numbers, it has grown increasingly right wing. And not the same right wing we think of in politics.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This report just made me shake my head. I couldn't understand it.

Then I saw the name of the Cathedral spokesman and it all fell into place.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/26/national-cathedral-rings-church-bells-cheer-suprem/

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pira114
He didn't say anything in opposition to the Church's teachings.

I think what he's trying to do is get people to stop condemning people and instead focus on spreading the Word.

In recent years, I do feel the Church had started to allow, by silence, it's members to judge and condemn people. It's the actions you are allowed to condemn. Not the people.

I do think he could do a better job of explaining it though. I bet he has a fine line to walk. While the Catholic Church has shrunk in terms of numbers, it has grown increasingly right wing. And not the same right wing we think of in politics.

I'm not so sure. With last weeks statement on obeying your conscience and now this, I think we have opened a Pandora's Box of multiple interpretations.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smoke of Satan...LOL

Christ taught to hate the sin not the sinner. He's not condoning homosexuality or abortion, far from it.

He's simply letting people know that salvation is available to all who seek it. Just like Christ did.

Christ was criticized for associating with tax collectors and other people of low moral standing.

His answer was that healthy people do not need a physician, it is the sick who need one.

If I had to guess, I believe this Pope is less judgmental than many of his predecessors. He believes in Church doctrine, but maintains that the church's primary focus should be spreading the gospel & helping the poor.

He is simply using Jesus' example as a guide and adjusting the church's priorities accordingly.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
He's just paving the way for "you know who".....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
From the article:
�A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality,� he told Father Spadaro. �I replied with another question: �Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?� We must always consider the person.�

Consider Jesus and the woman caught in adultery. Her sin was the same as a homosexual's yet Jesus forgave her. Likewise, he will forgive the homosexual. However, Jesus also said 'Go, and sin no more'. His forgiveness came with repentance. The homosexuals are demanding that Jesus allow them to continue in their sin, unlike the adulteress. The Bible makes it very clear that their acts are sin but they won't acknowledge that they're sinning. They call it normal.
Yes, Jesus loves them and he will gladly forgive them but they MUST acknowledge that they're sinning and repent.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higbean

Higbean the Prophet crazy

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
When the Pope says we have to be an inclusive Church and one in which a new balance is struck, those are key phrases to me.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Higbean

Pope Barack?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Consider Jesus and the woman caught in adultery. Her sin was the same as a homosexual's yet Jesus forgave her.
But then told her to "sin no more." This pope is not imitating Christ's message to sinners to sin no more.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From the article:
�A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality,� he told Father Spadaro. �I replied with another question: �Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?� We must always consider the person.�

Consider Jesus and the woman caught in adultery. Her sin was the same as a homosexual's yet Jesus forgave her. Likewise, he will forgive the homosexual. However, Jesus also said 'Go, and sin no more'. His forgiveness came with repentance. The homosexuals are demanding that Jesus allow them to continue in their sin, unlike the adulteress. The Bible makes it very clear that their acts are sin but they won't acknowledge that they're sinning. They call it normal.
Yes, Jesus loves them and he will gladly forgive them but they MUST acknowledge that they're sinning and repent.

Exactly right. It's just Catholics have been becoming increasingly judgmental (as if we weren't before right?) and I think the Pope is just trying to remind people that's not for us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When the Pope says we have to be an inclusive Church and one in which a new balance is struck, those are key phrases to me.

Key as in how? Is the Pope speaking in a code that you have managed to break?

Listen to his words..

Then tell me how they translate into accepting homosexuality and abortion. ???

These statements are being sensationalized by the press and it appears many are falling for it.

The man simply said it is not his job to judge people's sin, Jesus will take care of that.

He also said he believes the church has lost focus on its God given mission, which is to spread the Gospel and help the less fortunate.

He in no way condoned homosexuality or abortion.

Where are you getting that from? He's the Pope, not a Hardcore, combative Southern Baptist Preacher with a TV show.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
He in no way condoned homosexuality or abortion.
In an age when society has largely embraced sin as normal and good, a good Pope needs most especially to clearly promulgate and emphasize the message that what society is currently saying is good is in reality evil and sinful. He cannot be a man of the times. He must be a man of Christ. It is the antichrist that will be a man of the times, condemning no evil act.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's what he's doing, just not addressing what you consider evil and sinful.

In this particular instance, he's simply saying salvation is available to all who seek it and it's neither his or any man's job to judge sinners.

He is speaking out against an evil. Being judgmental is also sin Hawk.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's what he's doing, just not addressing what you consider evil and sinful.

In this particular instance, he's simply saying salvation is available to all who seek it and it's neither his or any man's job to judge sinners.

He is speaking out against an evil. Being judgmental is also sin Hawk.
Identifying what is sinful is not being judgmental. It's actually a loving act. You should know better than this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So Hawk,

He should compile a list of sins and stand there for days saying-
"Do Not do this...."
"Do not do this...."
"Do Not do this...."

We all sin Hawk, even you.

Jesus' ministry was not conducted that way.

If you read and understood the bible you would know better..

Show me one instance in which this man has condoned sin. You can't because he hasn't.

He's simply said that it's not his job to judge sin, it's Christ's. This is in the bible.

He also said that salvation is open to all who seek it.

You and a few others don't like that, neither did the Pharisees.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So Hawk,

He should compile a list of sins and stand there for hours saying-
"Do Not do this...."
"Do not do this...."
"Do Not do this...."

Jesus' ministry was not conducted that way.

If you read and understood the bible you would know better..

Show me one instance in which this man has condoned sin. You can't because he hasn't.
The failure of a pope to identify sin as sin in the context of an age that is nearly universally calling sin normal and good is implicitly to condone it. That's the message that people receive from it, a sense of being comforted in their sin. If you don't believe me, ask yourself if the left is happy with him or angry with him. If the left is happy, you know he's not promulgating the message of Christ. More likely that of antichrist.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
From the article:

YTTWROOMM. (You took the words .....)

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 76 invisible), 2,762 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.