Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
But at the same time, God did destroy Sodom and Gommorah.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hawk, sin is universally identifiable. Has the Pope been asked to identify sin and refused?

Again, how has the Pope failed to identify sin? At first you said he condoned it, when I challenged you to prove that statement you then back peddled and claimed that he is refusing to identify sin.

Please name any preceeding Pope that read through a book of sins during his reign.

You're argument is weak. You cannot point out where this man has condoned sin, so you can only accuse him of doing so by what he has not said.

Laffin. You pride yourself on being a lawyer, how would that stand up in court counselor?

Don't worry Hawk, you're in good company, the Pharisees hated Jesus for trying to save sinners instead of condemning them and preaching that salvation is available to all who seek it.

People like you have been around for a long time.

Trying to condemn a man for what he has not said in response to a question that has not been asked is an act of unrestrained stupidity.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus also said 'Go, and sin no more'. His forgiveness came with repentance.

He didn't say 'or else' ... he gave advice with hope, as we would our own children involved in destructive attitudes and actions.

Jesus is inclusive and not exclusive... and can't be boxed in by cherry picking verse.

Kent

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The biggest thing that the current pope has done wrong has been to say that atheists will go to heaven if they are "good". Even the most basic knowledge of the scriptures tells you this is wrong.

Mark 16:15-16 "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized will be saved but he who does not believe will be damned".

That is the "great commission" of the Lord Jesus Christ to his disciples before he ascended to heaven. And this fraud has the nerve to say that someone who rejects the gospel which is what an atheist does by definition is going to be saved if he is "good"? You got to be kidding me!

Most of Paul's writings tell us it is not our "goodness" which brings about salvation but rather faith in the Lord Jesus Christ which an atheist by definition does not have. There is nothing that any of us can do that is good enough to earn fellowship with God other than accept Jesus Christ as Savior.

Folks, your pope is deceived, and is attempting to deceive you. He has erred in other ways but this one is the Grandaddy. I am trying to say this in love and humility, not to stir up argument, but I suggest you get as far away from his influence as you possibly can!

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smoke of Satan! Good lord man! Where do you come up with this stuff?

I like the guy. He definitely has more charisma than ol' Pope Ratzy. That fella just stood there and drooled.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
excellent response rock chuck.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Massaging or tailoring the core concepts of religion or faith to attract followers from the popular masses is nearly as old as Christianity itself.

Surely you don't truly think Christmas trees near winter solstice nor celebration of the Resurrection near spring equinox are coincidence, do you?

Do you even know where the tradition of Christmas trees came from?

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You will draw more sinners to the confessional (and the offering plate) with honey then vinager.

IMO he appears to be an astute man who will at least slow the decline, if not grow the Church.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
after all, business is business.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
"In this particular instance, he's simply saying salvation is available to all who seek it and it's neither his or any man's job to judge sinners.

He is speaking out against an evil. Being judgmental is also sin Hawk.

Where are you getting that from? He's the Pope, not a Hardcore, combative Southern Baptist Preacher with a TV show."

Above quotes made by JohnMoses.

Oops! Old mr.judgemental raises his ugly head at the worst times dosen't he?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's wrong Mr. Seven Heaven?

You a hardcore Baptist that doesn't like his faith being constantly besmirched with lies and innuendo?

Not a good feeling is it?

Glad you got the point.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
JM,

I just found it strange that you would make such a judgmental statement after pointing out that being so is a sin.

Don't wish to argue denominations or what your pope said, as I long for us to all be considered simply as Christians.

Romans 12:18

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
JM,

I just found it strange that you would make such a judgmental statement after pointing out that being so is a sin.

Don't wish to argue denominations or what your pope said, as I long for us to all be considered simply as Christians.

Romans 12:18

Jesus made it pretty clear that all who call his name, "Christians", and claim to have performed great deeds in his name would not be going to heaven.

It appears that not all "Christians"... are.

Last edited by Fireball2; 09/20/13.

LOL
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Judging another's 'salvation' is God's priority and not man's... evaluating another person or group's character/actions/idiocies/threats... is logical, until judgement of salvation is applied.

I can say the Pope or a TV bible thumper, or internet bible thumper... is wrong, self serving, socially destructive, even a dumb chit... But you will never hear me claim to know another's salvation in God.

Kent

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The world would be SO much a better place without 'Christians'

No wonder we are in the shape we are with the total lack of reading comprehension on this thread, nor the desire to research what has been said further.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This report just made me shake my head. I couldn't understand it.

Then I saw the name of the Cathedral spokesman and it all fell into place.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/26/national-cathedral-rings-church-bells-cheer-suprem/
Episcopal. Go figure.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Here's the more important quote from the Pope, since it has far greater consequences in how they will conduct ministry:

Francis told the interviewer, a fellow Jesuit: �It is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time. The dogmatic and moral teachings of the church are not all equivalent. The church�s pastoral ministry cannot be obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines to be imposed insistently.

�We have to find a new balance,� the pope continued, �otherwise even the moral edifice of the church is likely to fall like a house of cards, losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel.�

It would appear that "doctrine" is not what it was made out to be in the Catholic church any longer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The world would be SO much a better place without 'Christians'

No wonder we are in the shape we are with the total lack of reading comprehension on this thread, nor the desire to research what has been said further.

How about we all worship you as our God?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pira114
He didn't say anything in opposition to the Church's teachings.

Abortion?

Really?

Abortion?

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the Republican party would be smart to adopt the same policy and let people deal with God on such matters. Maybe then we would be rid of the leftist democrats that are sure to run this country into the ground if left to their ways.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
201 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.