Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
From the article:
�A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality,� he told Father Spadaro. �I replied with another question: �Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?� We must always consider the person.�

Consider Jesus and the woman caught in adultery. Her sin was the same as a homosexual's yet Jesus forgave her. Likewise, he will forgive the homosexual. However, Jesus also said 'Go, and sin no more'. His forgiveness came with repentance. The homosexuals are demanding that Jesus allow them to continue in their sin, unlike the adulteress. The Bible makes it very clear that their acts are sin but they won't acknowledge that they're sinning. They call it normal.
Yes, Jesus loves them and he will gladly forgive them but they MUST acknowledge that they're sinning and repent.

Well said! The pope needs to clearly point this out and he hasn't.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by pira114
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
From the article:
�A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality,� he told Father Spadaro. �I replied with another question: �Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?� We must always consider the person.�

Consider Jesus and the woman caught in adultery. Her sin was the same as a homosexual's yet Jesus forgave her. Likewise, he will forgive the homosexual. However, Jesus also said 'Go, and sin no more'. His forgiveness came with repentance. The homosexuals are demanding that Jesus allow them to continue in their sin, unlike the adulteress. The Bible makes it very clear that their acts are sin but they won't acknowledge that they're sinning. They call it normal.
Yes, Jesus loves them and he will gladly forgive them but they MUST acknowledge that they're sinning and repent.

Exactly right. It's just Catholics have been becoming increasingly judgmental (as if we weren't before right?) and I think the Pope is just trying to remind people that's not for us.

Calling sin sin is NOT being judgmental at all!

Liberalism is a cancer
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Dunno . . be interesting to see where this goes.

The Christian gospel is not [primarily] about helping the poor, inclusiveness, or any other such stuff . . the Christian gospel is about sin and the forgiveness of sin. Nor does it matter one whit what Roman Catholic dogma says officially . . perception is reality. If the laity perceives the Roman denomination going soft on "sin," they will increasingly defect to Orthodoxy and conservative Protestantism.

Time will tell . .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I expect that a lot of Northeastern and West Coast Catholics will be cool with welcoming the UN-repentent queers and baby killers as new members.

But they'll draw the line at Baptists. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
He cannot be a man of the times. He must be a man of Christ.
I would say he's certainly not a man of the times. These are times of polarization arising out of hatred. Christ was a man of Love and acceptance: not in accepting of sin, but of the person. His anger was directed at pharisee's who placed themselves far above the downtrodden and sinner, condemming them.

I was not in agreement with the Pope over his statements regarding salvation, but am now believing that I may not fully understand his perspective. He may well be a great man indeed, if he survives.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Olaf
Dunno . . be interesting to see where this goes.

The Christian gospel is not [primarily] about helping the poor, inclusiveness, or any other such stuff . . the Christian gospel is about sin and the forgiveness of sin. Nor does it matter one whit what Roman Catholic dogma says officially . . perception is reality. If the laity perceives the Roman denomination going soft on "sin," they will increasingly defect to Orthodoxy and conservative Protestantism.

Time will tell . .

Well which is the least costly?
Kinda like paying taxes, ya know!
Where might a 1%er be found?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We Baptists are not really concerned with what our RC friends are doing, re doctrine.

Sam......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Smoke coming out of Hawkeye's ass. Bristoe finds a Jew in the cathedral.

JFC.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Please name any preceeding Pope that read through a book of sins during his reign.
Hah! What a joke! Popes before Vatican II constantly promulgated bulls condemning the degradation into sin of the society of their times, specifically stating the sins they were referring to, and stating in no uncertain terms the fate of sinners who die unrepentant and unregenerate. This was in imitation of Jesus during his ministry, the very thing that led to his crucifixion. That's what popes are for. The fact that they no longer do this is pretty clear evidence something is very wrong.

"You serpents, you generation of vipers, how can you escape the judgment of hell?" Words of Jesus regarding the Pharisees. Matt. XXIII, 33. Was Jesus being unkind, or was he being love itself when he said that? Was he giving bad example of a judgmental attitude, or good example for the future shepherds of his flock?

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
In my parish, and every parish I've ever been in, I've never heard anything hateful towards homosexuality, abortion, non-martial sex, etc. That doesn't mean that these behaviors aren't acknowledged to be sinful, just that it's exceedingly rare for them to come up as topics in mass. It seems to me that the obsession is all on the side of the anti-Catholic haters, who choose only to pay attention to that which validates their hatred.

Even the people who are pleased by what they hear from Francis seem to be even more pleased by their hope that traditional Catholics might now somehow suffer.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by J4Me
In my parish, and every parish I've ever been in, I've never heard anything hateful towards homosexuality, abortion, non-martial sex, etc.
Making clear that sin is sin is not hate. It's love. When society at large is constantly sending out the message that sin is not sin, it's the job of the pope to rail against said message from the rooftops as loudly and forcefully as he's able.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
We Baptists are not really concerned with what our RC friends are doing, re doctrine.

I'm a born-again Southern Baptist as well and I agree. The pope is a man and is fallible just like all other men.

Unfortunately, I believe most Catholics are more caught up in the RC and the "pope" than they are at discerning the true word of God. Please don't take offense as I believe there are many good and godly catholics; however, like any other church (including Baptist) not all members are truly born-again.

For the record, I consider everyone (Catholics, Baptist, Methodist, etc.) who is TRULY born-again to be my brother in Christ.

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 09/20/13.

Liberalism is a cancer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I read down this first page I notice folks defending the Pope the way Democrats defend the president. Fact make no nevermind to them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

No dog in this, but the interview was over 12,000 words and the leftist press picked what it wanted.

Most folks believe that Francis is a fine, gifted man who has a thankless, almost impossible message to deliver here on earth.

Personally, I believe it is shortsighted to make judgements based on the media and it's slanted view.

Yes, I have read the interview and Francis came across as a holy and reasonable man. Of course, many do not want to hear his message ... and that's OK ... but in that case, only the ignorant would comment.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I'm a born-again Southern Baptist as well and I agree. The pope is a man and is fallible just like all other men.

Unfortunately, I believe most Catholics are more caught up in the RC and the "pope" than they are at discerning the true word of God. Please don't take offense as I believe there are many good and godly catholics; however, like any other church (including Baptist) not all members are truly born-again.

For the record, I consider everyone (Catholics, Baptist, Methodist, etc.) who is TRULY born-again to be my brother in Christ.

I don't need the pope, I don't need a cardinal, I don't need a priest to have a personal relationship with God. Matter of fact that would prevent me from having a personal relationship with my God. God does not command us to have a brokered relationship with Him. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" says a lot. Confessing sins to another human being is futile. None of the officers of the Catholic church have any more sway with God than do I or any other believer and it is detrimental to a personal relationship with God to believe they do. The officers of the Catholic church cannot forgive sin.

Romans 10
8But what does it say? �The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,� that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9If you declare with your mouth, �Jesus is Lord,� and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, �Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.�e 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile�the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, �Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.�

I do not say these things in a hateful manner. Spirituality is truly an individual experience. However to place such faith as is placed on the pope's ability to define what is acceptable or unacceptable in the worship of our God or in the obedience of Jesus' teachings is misplaced.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I expect that a lot of Northeastern and West Coast Catholics will be cool with welcoming the UN-repentent queers and baby killers as new members.

But they'll draw the line at Baptists. grin

Pelosi seems to.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The world would be SO much a better place without 'Christians'

It's easy to see how a fella could come to feel that way. Some 'Christians' are the biggest detriment to Christianity that there is. The Savior hung out with the worst of the worse, the lowest of the low. And He didn't abandon them. We are told to accept one another just as He accepted us. And we are told that everyone would know who His followers are by the love that they have for others.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the [bleep] and Sunni's are about to fight a civil war within Islam. the Christians had their civil war between protestants and catholics about 500 years ago.

Christianity is a full 500 years ahead of islam, or so it appears.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
138 members (257 mag, 32_20fan, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,459 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,897
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.