Not very hard to find around here wink

Lefty

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Last Rabies shot last Friday. No side effects no problems at all.....have been having some "doggie" type thoughts though wink

lefty C

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by BrentD
Montana is probably different than some other states, but packing a firearm while bowhunting used to be illegal in a lot of them.

and you realize unlike alot of states Montana has griz....granted my wife isnt hunting in griz country but still.....hell in Montana concealed carry restrictions only apply within city limits....written that way so hunters/ranchers packing a handgun dont have to worry bout their coat covering up a gun on their hip....
Idaho is another one that allows bowhunters to be armed.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
They don't do the belly or navel shots anymore. The hemoglobin shots were in my butt. The rabbies shots in the shoulder and they are a very small amount of vaccine. No big deal. The hemoglobin shots, well they are a little more interesting but not that bad all thins considered.

Lefty

I think you meant to say immunoglobulin instead of hemoglobin...

Those can be fairly painful but as you said, beats the alternative.

DF

S
saj Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lefty you were one of the lucky one's when it came to the shots not hurting, my brother was the same no big deal, but I could not move my arm for a few hour after each shot hurt like hell.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING SO WELL WITH THE SHOTS.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Last Rabies shot last Friday. No side effects no problems at all.....have been having some "doggie" type thoughts though wink

lefty C

Good fortune on your treatment.

It's scarey to think that a little over 100 years ago anybody bitten by a rabid animal was soon to be history.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Ole Louie Pasteur was a genius, way ahead of his time. And, even today, that technology has changed very little.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got bit by a Rabid Cat when I was in the 7th Grade in about 1970. Confirmed, of course after they sent the Cats head off to Veterinary School at A&M.
I was given the stomach vaccinations the first day of being bit, and another series of shots every day for 8 days in the stomach also. Basically our old Family Doctor believed twice the dose was better than death.

Anyhow, not a very fun ordeal, but of course I lived.
Best friend growing ups Dad was also a Veterinarian, and had had the same series of Ant- Rabies Shots and assured me the Vacine was 100% effective.

And on the issue of Bow Hunting Deer during the Bow only season, Texas changed our laws about 3 years ago so that a Licensed CHL Holder CAN carry a Pistol of any kind while Bow Hunting for Whitetails & Mulie's while it is archery hunting season. If you don't have a CHL, then your screwed if the Game Warden catches a non- CHL Holder toting a pistol during bow season. I always did any way as I figured a big ass fine was better than contacting Rabies!

For some reason, I thought that CO & NM had followed suite on the Laws applying to CHL Holders for Bow Season. Check on your State Laws, of course, to find out for sure.
Regardless, when I'm bow hunting CO & NM, I pack my Glock 20 for possible Bear Encounters & possible Rabid Varmits. Just Saying

By the Way, did they ever determine if the Coyote that bit you was Rabid ?
In the last couple of years, I've put down a couple of sickly looking Coyotes & skunks at the Ranch that I'm pretty sure were in the end stages of Rabies.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/23/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 788 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.