Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey gents.

Well, I'm a little embarressed to admit, but I didn't think twice about having the HHA and not being able to mount a quiver.

I have been busy the last couple of weeks, and finally got around to shopping for a quiver. I usually keep a quiver mounted to the bow until I get to where I'm going, then hang it on a tree, unless, of course, I'm tracking. After much research, I chose the Octane Deadlock Pro. I went to mount the thing this morning, and holy crap, because of the HHA arm, it's a no go. Now, aside from it being 100% my fault for not realizing this, I'm still pissed at HHA for at least not having a disclaimer that their sight will not accept a normal bow mounted quiver set up. I checked google for a solution, and altho there was some old posts, I couldn't find any pix.

I ultimately settled on mounting the quick release bracket on the QAD HDX. I had to reverse the mount, flip the bracket 180 deg, and enlarge the holes to accept the 5/16 x 24 x 1.25 bolts that I had to pickup at the hardware store - unfortunatley, they didn't have Allen screws. Here are a few pix. Thankfully, the Deadlock is pretty adjustable, and I'm happy with the result. I can't shoot the bow where I am, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test fire.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

- Rogue
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
am I thinking about a new one? I can't help it - I've got a trouble free Mathews Outback. Ok, so it's a little long in the tooth, but it's fantastic shooter.
I was in the pro shop yesterday, and there on the wall, was a Bowtech Insanity. Aptly named, as I am going crazy trying to justify spending a grand on something that I don't need. Why? I don't know. I believe it is one of life's mysteries. Anyone else suffering? There is something about a new bow that is even more appealing than a new rifle.

I'm glad I shoot traditional/long bow. It has a natural cure for that affliction....sort of. The latest and greatest craze isn't in it's nature but damn if you don't pick up some old soul hidden in the corner every once in awhile that needs a new home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://secure.bowhunterssupplystore...argetPage=hha-scope-adapter-bracket.html
I know it says scope adapter brkt but thats a quiver mount for an HHA.
Your sight should have come with two spacers for attaching the quiver

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
http://secure.bowhunterssupplystore...argetPage=hha-scope-adapter-bracket.html
I know it says scope adapter brkt but thats a quiver mount for an HHA.
Your sight should have come with two spacers for attaching the quiver

Interesting, thanks. I wish I had that yesterday. I got the 2 spacers, but they were no where near long enough, not to mention that it would have put the arrows in the way of the lever. Rotating it 180 was the only way I could think of to keep it out of the way, and still have a semi - balanced bow - but then again, I could be missing something....

Last edited by RogueHunter; 08/05/13.

- Rogue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You probably don't own one gun to hunt with, why would you only own one bow?

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Multiple bows are good. But Id keep em all the same brand. That way the feel of the grip remains constant. JMO but what do I know. I just tune em and the ol mech shooter never notices the difference between a HOYT , Matthews, Bowtech, PSE etc.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
280, do you recommend I do something different than what I did to mount the Deadlock? The spacers were way to short, and I saw no other options available.

- Rogue
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ok, I tried the HHA a few times, and I'm not in love with it. beautiful piece of engineering, but not for me. Anyone interested in it, shoot me a PM.

- Rogue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never cared for a slider on a hunting rig either. KISS. Fixed pins and a rangefinder trumps a single pin slider every time IMO.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Never cared for a slider on a hunting rig either. KISS. Fixed pins and a rangefinder trumps a single pin slider every time IMO.

Yup. I learned my lesson. This feels so much better.....

(By the way, for you single pin guys, a like new HHA OL-5519 for sale in classifieds)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

- Rogue
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.