Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Rick, welcome to the fire. There is not a bad place to hunt hogs in Bankhead, they are EVERYWHERE. Get a map from the ranger station and have at it, I would try anyhere in the Sypsey Wilderness area first, good luck, Bill

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Rick,

Welcome to the Campfire, sir! Glad you are able to join us.

Bankhead is loaded with oinkers. There is pig sign everywhere.

If you're worried about caliber concerns in the WMA, there is still a ton of National Forest land that is not WMA there.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get out much this year so I'm afraid I can't be much help as to where they're all congregating at the moment. You may want to PM mirage243 or Matt444 as I know one of those fella's took a few pigs home from this get together.

Best of luck and let us know what ya find out there!
Mark aka HAJ

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
laugh

Beat me to it!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
R
Thanks guys. Well had a great camping trip. Decided to camp at the hunters campsite on the side of 33 just north of FR208. Someone was successful because when we showed up there were some hog legs in the fire ring smile

We headed into the wma above haygood creek and hiked/hunted it from 233 back down to 208/207 man it was tore up there.. rooted everywhere. Unfortunately im not experienced enough hunting hogs yet to tell age of the trace but it was everywhere. didnt see anything but the forest is beautiful even if the terrain is a little rough for an guy. We will be going back more and next time we will hike in and camp inside the forest instead of using the hunters camp

Last edited by RickC1; 02/10/14.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That sounds like it was a good time! I know that the piggies are all over the place there. It's just a matter of time before you cross paths with some.

I hope to cross paths with ya myself. Good luck out there!

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

R
R
It was a great time.. you planning on going anytime between march 1st and 15th? We are thinking about camping innthat first weekend.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Right now, every hour of every day is spent trying to find a job. If that works out and I land one soon, I'll reward myself with a weekend in the woods. So, I'm hoping that March could work out.

Just a FYI, there is another camp site that is strictly primitive camping that I've quite enjoyed setting up a tent at, called the Wolf Pen.

It's off of 60 and is usually empty. I have found that place to be rather charming as campers will often leave wood piles nicely stacked for the next camper to use for firewood. The one time I did run into somebody there I woke up in the morning to find that they were neighborly enough to put a log on my fire for me. When I returned to camp after hunting that day, they were gone, but had left me more wood.

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Are there plans for next this season yet? After this long ass winter we had up here, I'd love some southern hunting!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You'd be more than welcome to come on down.

Heck, if you don't want to wait until deer season, I can put ya into some pigs! smile

Turdlike, by default.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Turkey season starts Saturday as well.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bill and I have talked a little about doing another hunt up there this season. The hog sign is unreal, there are great sized bucks coming out of there, the terrain will whip your butt that is for sure.

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.