Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
8SNAKE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
With this gov't shutdown, I've seen a lot of mixed information about what federal land is closed to public access. I'm supposed to be hunting CO Unit 74 next weekend and want to make sure there won't be access problems if the weenies in Washington are still bickering like children.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Closing NF lands in Co would be like trying to close 1/2 the state. Don't think that will happen

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
8SNAKE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I didn't think so either, but I'd sure hate to drive out there and find out I was wrong. Closing NF land would also be nearly impossible to enforce.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, but in a political move, USFWS refuges are shut down for hunting and fishing. Also, many Forest Service and BLM campgrounds are shut down.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

8SNAKE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks. I did see that the Wildlife Refuges were shut down, along with many camp grounds. I'm glad to hear the NF lands are not closed.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nope......not here...general season elk opens the 5th...

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm rolling West tonight for Wyoming.....no closure of NF lands that I'm aware of.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I called the DOW up yesterday about this. They said if it isn't gated you can go on the land.

This is just for Colorado.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by exbiologist
No, but in a political move, USFWS refuges are shut down for hunting and fishing. Also, many Forest Service and BLM campgrounds are shut down.

Along those lines, you may have heard that the WWII memorial was shut down even though it costs nothing to operate. A similar thing appears to be happening in the San Luis Valley. Saturday is the opening day of waterfowl season. Word is that both federal refuges will be gated. Now there are offices at each refuge, but I've never found anyone occupying them and they are outside the habitat areas anyway. Regulation enforcement in these areas is not done by the USFWS but by the state CPW so it appears this is strictly a political, "Make it Hurt" move.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Think about it. With no employees on the job who would enforce closures.....? Bring bolt cutters or a cordless grinder.

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"
IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Local paper said hunting would not be a problem of federal lands..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard that Yellowstone was now open for hunting. grin

Would someone check for us??

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I heard that Yellowstone was now open for hunting. grin

There are a few yellowstone hunting experts out there, I'm sure. That country it way too big for someone not to give a whirl.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wonder how much vandalism, criminal trespass, theft and poaching are taking place and how many are getting caught. Law enforcement folks are generally given the indispensable label.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sad question.... My federal lands that I pay for in cash today and my forefathers before me paid for in blood are not closed to me nor should they be to you. If you conclude they are closed to you, go play golf with our white president. He's keeping his course open the last I heard.(he's no more white than black or the inverse but most say he's black so I'm just trying to provide balance)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackbrush
Sad question.... My federal lands that I pay for in cash today and my forefathers before me paid for in blood are not closed to me nor should they be to you. If you conclude they are closed to you, go play golf with our white president. He's keeping his course open the last I heard.(he's no more white than black or the inverse but most say he's black so I'm just trying to provide balance)

Great post!

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The only federal lands in Idaho that are closed are those that are maintained, like campgrounds, a few boat docks, etc. All unmaintained land is open and WILL be hunted.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Gonna poach too there plainview? mtmuley

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My position is even if they claim the National Forest is shut down I'm going anyway. I'm bow hunting deer in the Sam Houston Natl forest now. Like the WW2 Memorial most of the shut downs are total political BS. Obama is going to spend more of our money trying to police the shutdowns than it would cost if they were open.

When they gate the public beach and tell me I cannot access it to fish I go around the gate. I have nothing but respect for private property but Federal lands belong to We The People.

The more of us that show up like the WW2 Vets the harder it is for Obama to shut things down to try to make news. This is our Freakin Country! I'm hunting Natl Forest Tomorrow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bassturds closed the few campgrounds for the deer opener here in NV! smirk

The scorn is directed right at the Mulatto dictator, and none at the Republicans who are just trying to put some brakes on this runaway train wreck. There were a lot of well-armed guys ready to open season on the Senate. mad

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.