Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
My boys and I decided to do some squirrel hunting this morning, watch some football around lunch and finish the day fishing on the creek. Well, we didn't kill a limit but my oldest did kill his first squirrel. I was very proud that he didn't miss. Two shots two kills. He was using his youth 11-87 20ga. [Linked Image]

The rabbit was just dumb. He flushed, ran about 20 yards and stopped.

We went home watched Bama win their homecoming, had some lunch and got ready to fish the creek.

The water is still plenty warm for wading and figured we should give it try. My youngest son enjoys catching crayfish and bait as much as fishing. He wanted to keep some crayfish for dinner but I told him the fish would fill up on them quicker than we would. After catching a few crawfish and creek chubs for bait we cast our lines. It started slow and I seemed to be changing their hooks more than casting.
Finally I landed a decent smallmouth.
[Linked Image]

A few cast later my youngest son caught a small one.
[Linked Image]

My oldest son was about to give up when he hooked into the best one of the day! I don't know what it weighed but it measured 20". I would guess close to 3+ lbs.
[Linked Image]

After landing that one everyone perked up and the fish turned on. We didn't take anymore photos but caught about six or seven more smallies and two catfish.

We headed back to truck to head home and my youngest son said "Hey we need some crayfish for dinner". After catching a couple more of those we had to call it a day.

I wish I was off every weekend so we could have more days like this!

CHEERISH EVERY MOMENT YOU HAVE WITH YOUR KIDS!

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like a fun day Lane. Wish I had been able to come up with my kids. We missed a good day.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Cool. Do you do any fly fishing?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outstanding! You are correct in cherishing every moment. I didn't get that chance and mine are now 32 and 30 years of age. We make up for it where we can tho. Kudos to you bamagun01!

On that date we had a blizzard...glad you had good weather

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by miniflave
Cool. Do you do any fly fishing?

Think I can speak for Lane since he and I have been flyfishing together since 1994 or so. We both do lots of flyfishing, but will drop the flyrod in a New York second if something else is producing better smile.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
a good day for sure

Take a kid huntin /fishin/trappin/shootin, you won't regret it
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Yep. Love some Fly fishing! A couple of pic's from last year.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,103
Posts18,464,194
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.