Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Wife says she wants a hot tub. Are they worth it or are they more expense and trouble than they are worth? Inquiring minds want to know! Seems like a hot soak couple times a week could be good for the aching back and knees. What say you experts?!

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Rented a place years ago that had a hot tub.

Kind of entertaining at first, but that was 25 years ago and I've never felt any need to buy one. I suspect that most folks don't use 'em much after a while.

Guy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hardly an expert, but it's kind of like owning a boat. The two happiest days of your life are when you get it, and when you get rid of it. JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hassle

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
X2 Hassle...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hassle but not nearly the PITA as a pool is.

Between the 2 - hot tub and never look back.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have a big enough bathroom, get a larger whirlpool type tub. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
No can do. Bathroom to small.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The problem with the tubs in the bathroom is you're dumping that water every time you do a soak.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love mine. Not a hassle for me. I check the levels every other day (2 minutes), shock it every month and drain and refill every spring and fall.

Ignore it and and it becomes a hassle fast.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
We use ours A lot at times and not so much at others The grand kids use it every time they visit

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Highly recommended. Had one in our last house for 19 years. Not a hassle at all. I took maybe 5 minutes each Saturday to test and balance the water, and drained and refilled it once each season. Piece of cake. Make sure you have a good avenue for draining the tub. I laid some Big O pipe about a foot deep and starting from the side of the hot tub, running inside my property line to the back of the yard, where it drained down into a ditch.

We used it almost every day, usually after dinner. It was a great way for the family to communicate with each other - better than meal time, when everyone has food in their mouth and you get the usual grunt answer when you ask how school was that day. When you're in the hot tub, you're completely relaxed and there's nothing to do but talk. What's going on with everyone just naturally comes out, you don't even need to ask. I miss ours and want to get another one. Lots of fun in a snowstorm and later in the evening when the kids are in bed.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I am concerned it may lead to more sex. That worries me abit. crazy blush

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My cousin has one and during the summer, he leaves the heater off and uses his like a pool. Just gets in to cool off and refresh. Then he cuts the heater on during the winter and gets in it to relax and warm up.

He says its no problem to keep up.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good thing to have if you are young and single wink....otherwise an expensive hassle.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
if you don't mind soaking in a warm, festering pool of other peoples piss, pubes, dingleberries and semen, then a hot tub seems nice.

My diploma is a DD214
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Eeeeewwwwwww!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
with my back I have though about getting one, but I have worried about the hassle myself, never mind the upkeep and electrical cost to keep that much water hot

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hassle. This is our third house with one, two of them indoor, one was on the back deck. Use it maybe once every couple of weeks. Between cost of chemicals, heating of the water and repairs as needed, we figure we spend about $700 a year on average to have it. And the current one is indoor so heat cost is probably less than it would be if the unit was outdoors.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RobJordan
I am concerned it may lead to more sex. That worries me abit. crazy blush

If you have teenage daughters, don't allow teenage boys in it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

612 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 204guy, 70 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,266
Posts18,448,266
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.