-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My uncle gave me his Remington 141 pump gun,in 32 Remington caliber. He had it for years but my dad said he never got a deer with it. I think I know why,the thing shoots 8 inches high at 100 yards. Did Marbles buckhorn sights come standard on this gun or is this an after market set of sights? I have set the sights on the lowest nock on the rear sight and got the 8 inch high target,am I correct on the lower the nock ,lowers the shot placement?I'd really like to take the gun deer hunting,any help please--Thank you

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I don't know when yours was manufactured but early 1950s era 141s had sights similar to what came on the later model 760. Not exactly alike but not anything like a buckhorn sight.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I killed my second and third deer in the early 60's using the Model 14 in 30 Remington . Replace the front sight with a higher one .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are the 141's generally tapped for a scope?? I've seen pics of some with scopes, but most without. One of these in 35 Rem could be made 'legal' here in Indiana for our goofy rifle rules.

Last edited by pointer; 10/14/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like the Remington 141. I have one in 35 Remington that is way more accurate than it should be. As was stated, a higher front sight should let you get in the black. I don't think that they came drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Many have been drilled over the years and the rifle can certainly justify use of a scope. I have a fixed 2.5 power on mine and it is perfect for shots out to 150 yards. I was just using the target scope on mine in the picture to check the accuracy of some ammunition.

A receiver sight works great on these rifles too and they come drilled and tapped for them. They can be a little hard to find though.

Get a higher front sight and put that Remington to work!
[Linked Image]

Harry
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I LOVE my 141. It and a Savage 99 were my first deer rifles.

Here is a good read.........

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/journals/Model141

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I really like the Remington 141. I have one in 35 Remington that is way more accurate than it should be. As was stated, a higher front sight should let you get in the black. I don't think that they came drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Many have been drilled over the years and the rifle can certainly justify use of a scope. I have a fixed 2.5 power on mine and it is perfect for shots out to 150 yards. I was just using the target scope on mine in the picture to check the accuracy of some ammunition.

A receiver sight works great on these rifles too and they come drilled and tapped for them. They can be a little hard to find though.

[Linked Image]

No offense but that scope looks so out of place on that gun!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, it sooooooo does........

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

[Linked Image]

I've seen it all, now!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reelman

[Linked Image]

No offense but that scope looks so out of place on that gun!

Like I said I was just using that scope to check some factory loads for accuracy. It has a 2.5 fixed power scope on it now. If you look at the group I got with it, the scope doesn't look so out of place does it? That is a little secret that most 141 users don't want to get out! smile My brother's 30 Remington 141 shoots a little better.

[Linked Image]

Harry
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ok that explains it. I've never owned a 141 but I've handled quite a few and I can't believe how handy they are. They make a M94 30/30 feel like a club!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best centerfire pump gun ever made.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have to agree. Mine are handy and accurate. I will take issue with Mathsr showing actual groups. After all, their accuracy is a secret. Or was.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the 141 did not come factory drilled and tapped for scopes. the rear of the receiver is factory d&t'd for a peep site. your rear site should be a semi buckhorn most likely. if you have it on the lowest setting and the front site is stock, it should shoot pretty close. mine all do. if not, its probably not the original sites. you can find original sites on ebay and at gun shows. for a real handy setup, get the lyman R14 tang site and take the rear site off.

i collect the rem 14 and 141's. they are slick guns. try to find the carbine models. they are really slick.

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
30 Rem can be reloaded with 30/30 dies.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,411 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.