Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I was at Academy Sports yesterday getting my daughter a tennis racket and saw some Plano rifle cases that looked very similar to the Pelican 1700. I have the 1750 but its too big to fit in the back of my new vehicle.
The Plano Was marked as a 36" TACTICAL case...
Next to It was a oddly similar case but it had a bright yellow (NON-TACTICAL) handle and lacked the sticker that said "TACTICAL"...
PRICE CHECK....
Tactical case $69.95
NON tactical case $39.95

Case Length: 40"
Case Width: 16"
Case Height: 5-�"
Internal Length: 37"
Internal Width: 13"
Internal Height: 5"

REALLY?
I mean obviously theres money to be made off marketing a product towards those who want something they think is LEO or military or SWAT/ Tactical...HSLD...
But a 90% price increase?

[Linked Image]
Hers the finished NON tactical model...
$40 for a pick and pluck waterproof, key lock and padlock ready hard case?
YEP!
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our Academy had those yellow handle cases for around $70. But at $40 they're a smoking deal.

And yes, people are that stupid.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You will never go broke overestimating the stupidity and poor taste of people...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
You will never go broke overestimating the stupidity and poor taste of people...

The huge amount of light beer being sold is witness to the truth of that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At a surplus store found a day pack that was well made ran $40. A couple of weeks later was in Sportsman's, same pack but with two extra straps and marked "tactical" was $190.... Have seen several at the club lately, those that own them, I take with a big grain of salt.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thats what I thought about the "Bone Collector"stuff it was getting old
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When did a hard plastic case become tactical anyway? Unless you sneak up on the enemy and whack him with it, it's just a case that protects something.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
well since they came out with tactical bacon I figured there were more stupid people than I first thought

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you ain't Tactical you ain't chit. So cough up your money and be cool .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Now I would like to try "Tactical Bacon", unfortunately I just get mine with eggs and an English muffin

NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tactical gear shouts want-a-be.
My wife works as a manager in a local bank. The head honchos had laptop cases made for those in the bank and the VIP customers.
I can't think of any reason to tote a laptop around, but the case sure looked familiar.
Did you know that those lap top cases have a section for targets, another that holds one S&W k-n frame, 6 inch, a High Standard Citation, 100 rounds of 357 or 45 auto rim and 200 rounds of 22 ammo.
Best of all it was free.

jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by ingwe

The huge amount of light beer being sold is witness to the truth of that.

Both quotes are complete and total truths.

I see the same $hit in the waterfowl world. Choke tubes that say CLACKCLOUD or BLINDSIDE that cost 90 bucks but all they are, are a regular choke that would bring about 45 bucks labeled with some gimmick type of marketing bull$hit on them and people eat it like candy but in reality it isn't candy its chocolate covered dog$hit. So is the blindside and blackcloud shells. gimmicks

And YES people are that stupid.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm making up some tactical development andrevisions kits.
The unit will consist of a waterproof plastic stencil of the words " tactical, MK, " and a black sharpie.
$64.95
Get in line.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Yamaha now has a tactical inspired 4 wheeler. Model 700 EPS special edition. That might take the cake

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by pira114
When did a hard plastic case become tactical anyway? Unless you sneak up on the enemy and whack him with it, it's just a case that protects something.

Drag bags are all soft sides...so IDK....I guess when someone would pay extra for them....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know where there a BUNCH of perfect throwing rocks. I have a bunch of surplus black paint.

All I need is a cool name for them.

Rock-ticool, Tactirock, Tactistone, Tosstical...???

Tosstical !! It's Manly. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 49 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.