Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I could be interested in it..The rest of their products not so much.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sweet! Will be interesting to see what the real world pricing ends up at. Have a feeling at that price point they won't be making alot of them.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tmitch
Sweet! Will be interesting to see what the real world pricing ends up at. Have a feeling at that price point they won't be making alot of them.

I don't think they intent to. The rifle is listed on their fine rifle site not their standard site.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Winchester, which really isn't Winchester anymore, makes a Japanese clone 1873. Henry, a company that has no connection to the Henry rifles of old, makes a copy of the Henry rifle in a caliber it never came in. If these get you excited, I have a Ferrari made in Mexico you just have to see.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 21
Winchester, which really isn't Winchester anymore, makes a Japanese clone 1873. Henry, a company that has no connection to the Henry rifles of old, makes a copy of the Henry rifle in a caliber it never came in. If these get you excited, I have a Ferrari made in Mexico you just have to see.

But the Henry rifle is in a caliber that can be shot. Of course, if one has the change and never wants to shoot it than one can buy an original. smile

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agreed, derby dude. Just pontificating on the sorry state of affairs concerning these two rifles.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It is interesting to note that Henry Rifles would probably have made their Henry clone in .44 Henry rimfire if they could have found a ammo company willing to make the ammo. But of course, nobody was going to do so hence the .44-40.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It appears they are trying to get a little mileage out of the "Henry" name if you look at the price, when you could get a Uberti for significantly less.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably are although if I was a young pup or ammo wasn't in such short supply I might consider one.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have an iron frame Henry in .44-40 that I load with black powder. It's close enough to the original for me.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by 21

Your're an idiot.

Last edited by freedomguy; 11/30/13.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
as a gun dealer when Marlin still was Marlin not that many years ago , marlin lever guns were hard to beat,to me that seemed the best lever to put in a scabbard, marlin levers had very little trouble with warranties. most people don`t think Marlin`s were around much during comboy times but Marlin sure was.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
611 members (219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.