Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
all of which gives credence to my thoughts that the 'dumbing down' of the armed forces is part of a calculated move to reduce our ability to fight a war, and to defend America.
The two things that are most damaging, are the change from the armed forces being a 'fighting force', to being a vehicle for social change, and the reduction of finances to the point where manpower, equipment, readiness and standards can't be maintained.

Sam......

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Page 3 of NY Post, Obamba wants the USMC to change their covers (hats to the unanointed) to a really really [bleep] unisex cover. Looking to destroy morale and make girlie men out of the Marines!!

http://nypost.com/2013/10/23/obama-wants-marines-to-wear-girly-hats/

Fox News Politics
Obama wants Marines to wear �girly� hats
24 Oct 2013

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
would make more sense to just the girls out of the Marines in the first place. There is nothing in the Marine's task, that would mandate having women involved.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It ain't just the poosified hat. That poor bastid on the right seems to be wearing lipstick and rouge, too.

Join the Marines and be a g-a-y male model. Yup, that's where we're headed under Czar Barry.

BTW, the hat looks like it came straight from the French Foreign Legion, All it lacks is the removable sun flap/surrender flag at the back. Cheezits Kites...

(In fairness to that poor Marine, he's probably just red-faced from terminal embarrassment.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There is nothing "girly" about the Legion.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It ain't just the poosified hat. That poor bastid on the right seems to be wearing lipstick and rouge, too.

Join the Marines and be a g-a-y male model. Yup, that's where we're headed under Czar Barry.

BTW, the hat looks like it came straight from the French Foreign Legion, All it lacks is the removable sun flap/surrender flag at the back. Cheezits Kites...

If you're talking about the Kepi Blanc, there are few items of military headwear that have the heritage of the Kepi Blanc.

And Legionaries are excellent soldiers that I would rate second to none, even against the USMC or our Para's. In a changing world the Legion has managed to avoid being embroiled PC bullsh1t and remains a very formidable fighting force..

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Never served a day in the Army. That does not mean I'm blind to what is happening.

Your as blind as any one of us, and have only selected news articles and press releases to judge by. Except some of operate a bit closer to the subject.

You though, say you have served, and seem to be unaware that there are financial issues that are having a negative impact on the Army, the Navy, Marines and Air Force.

You are saying that you honestly can't see how budget cuts have an adverse impact on readiness?

Are you supporting the diminished ability of the Armed Forces?

Did you vote dhimmicratic in the last election?

Really?

This is your debate?

One unqualified statement on my 'awareness', and three loaded 'when did you stop beating your wife" type questions?

To address your unqualified statement, I'll add that I'm not only aware of the issues caused by budget cuts, but have experienced the effects first hand while I served, and have observed them now in my interactions with active-duty soldiers.

However I understand that this is what happens when wars wind down. It's nothing new, and it's not happening because Obama hates the Army.

The three questions I'm going to ignore as the are obviously not to be taken serious.

Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heya Brian,

Hope you're doing well over there amigo! I miss your pictures of our aircraft doing what they do. Ya gotta hook an aviation junkie up from time to time man!

One thing that is different this time around is the reductions in forces will take us back to pre WWII numbers and the restructuring on an organizational level is going to be unheard of.

As you know, it takes time to build up and in the event anything should happen, the amount of build up that would be required would leave us very vulnerable indeed.

Those are the facts and my sincere concerns with what is proposed at this time. That aside, keep your head on a swivel over there and get your ass back here in one piece.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
all of which gives credence to my thoughts that the 'dumbing down' of the armed forces is part of a calculated move to reduce our ability to fight a war, and to defend America.

Well a decade of lowered standards for recruitment haven't helped matters. But that's changing already.

The two things that are most damaging, are the change from the armed forces being a 'fighting force', to being a vehicle for social change, and the reduction of finances to the point where manpower, equipment, readiness and standards can't be maintained.

I'm haven't given it enough thought to rate which things are hurting the military the most. But we are in agreement that the military needs enough money to maintain standards. Getting out of Afghanistan will help immensely. But budgets are going to get tight, just like they always do, and that's nothing new.

We talk about waste, yet I see dozens of MRAP's sitting on Afghan flatbeds just a few miles from the Kyber Pass and the Pakistan border, for weeks on end. Then one of the bad guys finally smartens up, and torches a bunch of them in situ. What the hell is the Army doing to protect it's assets? There's a freakin' FOB 500 yards away, yet they sit outside unprotected.

But in the meantime, some Army General is complaining about not having enough money. I get it, they need money, but I also see the sheer craziness.

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
All it lacks is the removable sun flap/surrender flag at the back. Cheezits Kites...

lol. grin

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

IC B3

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Heya Brian,

Hope you're doing well over there amigo! I miss your pictures of our aircraft doing what they do. Ya gotta hook an aviation junkie up from time to time man!

Probably not the right thread... laugh

But here's a couple...

Good times...

[Linked Image]

and bad...

[Linked Image]

I'll look through some pictures, and maybe start a new thread.

Take care yourself.

Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw a hole like that get made about 15 second after one of your birds left the ground at Shank.

Thanks for the pics! I'll keep an eye out for the other thread when you get to it.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,809 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,925
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.