Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by killindeer
thanks for the replies...i found a deal i couldnt pass up on a new summit viper SD limited....i will likely end up getting a treewalker in the future but the summit will do for now its a good one just having trouble packing it right

Trouble getting the top and bottom to stack on top of each other correctly?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AH64guy
thanks for the replies...i found a deal i couldnt pass up on a new summit viper SD limited....i will likely end up getting a treewalker in the future but the summit will do for now its a good one just having trouble packing it right

That was sorta my problem at first. I "solved" that issue with a $3 rachet strap.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by AH64guy

yea man. i mean i got em stacked right i think but theres no way to get to the backpack straps. the instructions they provide are ridiculous. its like the seat basically is just in the way or something. ive been working late and havent had a chance to really get it out and practice with it but i gotta get the packing thing figured out

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On my older model Viper, the seat has to be pushed as far towards the back (part that contacts the tree) as possible. The supplied cam buckle strap would loosen enough that it'd rattle when I packed it. Like I said earlier, but I small rachet strap and use it instead. Once in the tree I use it to keep the top 1/2 of the stand from moving once I get it at the right height by hooking it behind the seat and around the backside of the tree.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Properly stacked, the Summit makes no noise. Mine doesn't anyway. The strap tightens to hold them snug together. The cable can make some noise if the cover is torn. A little electrical tape helps. Or buy new cables. Very happy with my Summit, but would not mind trying the Treewalker. I'm looking for the lightest climber I can find for a new hunting area.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 2 friends with the tree walkers and they both have stated that it is the best stand they have ever owned, rock solid in any tree and comfortable.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The treewalker has 6 spikes on each piece. These dig in much better on very hard trees, and because of this you do not have to worry about bumping it when you stand up and causing your top to fall. Others use a blade with teeth that do not dig in, but pinch the tree, and are prone to slipping when bumped if you do not use a strap around tree. Treewalker uses no strap to hold it in place like others. Plus a ton of adjustment for tree diameter. Like I said before, I am a very close friend of the family. They make a 100% American made stand, and stand behind their product. Who knows who is welding the other stands or how old they are.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
i can see myself purchasing a treewalker at some point. ive heard at hunting shows u can get a better deal than buying them off the site. so maybe next hunting show ill check them out. a buddy of mine bought one and it packs very easy. i still cant figure out the right way to pack this freaking summit

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
been using one for several years in central FL. One thing is for sure, those spikes sure dig into a pine tree. The amount of sap on the tree, stand and me would attest to it. Never had it slip.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JBO69
Never had it slip.
Before or after Liposuction?

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
you know a lot about lip suction don't you stoney.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
In re-knindling an old thread...

I met with the Treewalker team at the Great American Outdoors Show (the former Eastern Outdoors Show) this week. I was able to do the "touchy-feeley" on their stands and ended up taking one home.

The owner was a good man to talk to and deal with, his young helper was very knowledgable as well. I can see why the hunters that have them like the stand. I'd agree with Kevin, they seem like really solid people, and know their product and the market.

Only drawback I see is size, it's a BIG stand, but it's lighter or the same weight as what I'm using now. I wouldn't carry it into dense brush, or back in several miles. Will see how it reacts in a tree, but liking what I learned so far. The range of tree size in one stand was selling point for me.

As far as the spikes, I'm thinking an extra nut threaded on the spike would cut down the damage on soft bark trees.

Last edited by AH64guy; 02/07/14.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Great stand i love mine especially since i put the summit seat on

Think i need a bigger gun
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 1,991 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,190
Posts18,465,790
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.