Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The �progressive� cities of our nation are swiftly turning in to fascist police states where the government believes it bears the authority to rule over their people as if in some medieval feudal kingdom. In Chicago, Mayor Rahm Emanuel singlehandedly takes rights and wastes money without so much as a "by your leave" from the people who elected him. In New York City, Mayor Michael Bloomberg believes his authority so absolute that he has taken to trying to outlaw sugary drinks from the people. In San Antonio, the city council, with the Mayor�s blessing, have turned Christians (and anyone else who believes in a traditional definition of marriage) into second-class citizens. In Washington, D.C., the government with its fascist police has turned its capricious attention to gun owners � even if they are abiding by the law.

Mark Witaschek is a financial adviser in D.C. who is facing the full brunt of unjust D.C. law. He is staring down the barrel of a two year prison sentence for being in possession of unregistered ammunition after D.C. police stormed his home. On July 7, 2012 the police raided his home searching for �firearms and ammunition.� The search came after complaints were made by Mr. Witaschek�s estranged wife that he had threatened her with a gun. A judge later found those claims to be baseless, but apparently it was enough for the police to ransack his home and do an estimated $10,000 in damage.

The damage done to the Witaschek family is not simply financial, as all four of Mr. Witaschek�s children were home at the time. They were rounded up by the police, who went so far as to break down a bathroom door and pull Witaschek�s teenage son out of the shower. His children are justifiably shaken by the assault on their home by the jackbooted D.C. government.

Worse still, the police found no guns with which to charge Mr. Witaschek for because he keeps his firearms at his sister�s home in Virginia.

smokingThis raid was actually the second conducted on Mr. Witaschek�s home; a month earlier Mr. Witaschek had allowed members of the D.C. �Gun Recovery Unit� to search his home because he believed he had nothing to hide. On the first trip the police found a Civil War-era Colt revolver (which is legal to own) and a box of .40 caliber ammunition.

On the second raid, the police uncovered even less (if that�s possible).

�One live round of 12-gauge shotgun ammunition,� which was an inoperable shell that misfired during a hunt years earlier. Mr. Witaschek had kept it as a souvenir. �One handgun holster� was found, which is perfectly legal.

�One expended round of .270 caliber ammunition,� which was a spent brass casing. The police uncovered �one box of Knight bullets for reloading.� These are actually not for reloading, but are used in antique-replica, single-shot, muzzle-loading rifles.

Now Mr. Witaschek faces two year in prison for the ammunition that was �uncovered� in the raids on his home. Mr. Witaschek has never hidden the fact that he is an avid hunter and gun enthusiast, and while he does not keep his guns with him in D.C., he is still treated as a criminal.

Meanwhile, celebrities like NBC�s David Gregory get a free pass when they flout the law on national television.

�OAG has determined to exercise its prosecutorial discretion to decline to bring criminal charges against Mr. Gregory, who has no criminal record, or any other NBC employee based on the events associated with the December 23, 2012 broadcast� A prosecution would not promote public safety in the District of Columbia nor serve the best interests of the people of the District to whom this office owes its trust� Influencing our judgment in this case, among other things, is our recognition that the intent of the temporary possession and short display of the magazine was to promote the First Amendment purpose of informing an ongoing public debate about firearms policy in the United States��

guncontrol (1) The D.C. prosecutors declined to bring charges against Gregory or NBC because it would not promote the public safety, and Gregory�s intent was to promote the First Amendment by educating Americans about D.C. law. It seems like these very same reasons could be used to exonerate Mr. Witaschek. The prosecution will not promote public safety, and he was simply promoting his Second Amendment rights of owning firearms.

Of course, that is not how the authorities in D.C. see it. Mark Witaschek may have no criminal record and simply be guilty of forgetting to leave a box of ammo in Virginia, but they are out for his blood.

Folks, you are watching what happens when liberals take over. The civil rights they pretend to defend in debates with conservatives go right out the door when there is no one left to debate. In cities like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. there are no conservatives left to stand and fight � so the jackbooted liberals simply do as they wish. They bleed the people of their financial wealth and then stomp on their Constitutional Rights with the very police their taxes pay for. If we are not careful, if we are not more effective in spreading our message of liberty, if cannot reach this generation with the truth� then the fascist government that Mr. Witaschek faces now will be the same one our children are crushed under in the future.

There�s no more room for apathy my fellow Americans. We stand at the precipice of a dangerous future � where the people become servant to government instead of the government serving the people.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't understand. Is it illegal to possess ammo as well as firearms in DC?

If so, why aren't they busting gangbangers who'd be easy to spot & who need to be pulled from the streets?

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
DC and the Government is made up of Cowards and Chickenshits

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I knew that, (DUH!!) I just don't quite understand where prosecutorial discretion could even be an issue, as it doesn't appear he broke any law unless ammo is illegal to possess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
DC and the Government is made up of Cowards and Chickenshits

This.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw

If so, why aren't they busting gangbangers who'd be easy to spot & who need to be pulled from the streets?

Ammunition can only be possessed by registered gun owners in DC. He kept his guns out of DC, and so he's not registered as a gun owner there.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's why I never go east of the Mississippi any more. It's bad enough west of the Mississippi.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by efw

Ammunition can only be possessed by registered gun owners in DC. He kept his guns out of DC, and so he's not registered as a gun owner there.

Thanks Calhoun. That is the piece of the puzzle missing for me.

I guess DC is proof positive that gun control works, what with their police force so bored that they have to harass hunters over ammo... I mean if there were REAL criminals committing crimes with guns they'd be so busy this sort of thing would fly under the radar, right?

(Please note that we have no sarcasm icon available here or I'd use it!)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you, God, for giving me Wyoming and Arizona.

I would not stay 10 minutes in a place with laws like that.

Wonder why the gangsta boys aren't subject to these same laws?

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jnyork
Thank you, God, for giving me Wyoming and Arizona.

I would not stay 10 minutes in a place with laws like that.

Wonder why the gangsta boys aren't subject to these same laws?

Because their handlers are members of the ruling class.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
he probably wishes he had just shot the bitch now.

Sam......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
he probably wishes he had just shot the bitch now.
LMAO...

It's always the 'estranged wife', isn't it?? Geez..

It'll be interesting to see how this case plays out..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Because their Barry's son's, Don't you know!!!!!

And No I'm not talking about D.C.'s Ex Mayor!

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Another part of the story is this guys wife is a reporter who blasted the USCG investigative service as well DHS.

It was learned that during one of the searches they overstepped the warrant and seized her private papers detailing portions of an upcoming story related to that.

The fact her husband also works with USCG may be part of the story.

Either way it is hinky as hell...by the way the local cops were extremely uncomfortable with this from all accounts I heard and stayed to the side while the feds did their thing.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
May God save us and I thank God I live in Georgia. Left the DC area 24 years ago.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Here is an example of what is going to happen more and more as the commies take over. Where was his neighbors when the cops were ransacking his home? Where are the pro gun supporters when he needed them? When the gov comes for your guns who are you going to count on to help you out ? The cops were just doing what they were told? Were any of the cops oath keepers?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by big drift
Another part of the story is this guys wife is a reporter who blasted the USCG investigative service as well DHS.

It was learned that during one of the searches they overstepped the warrant and seized her private papers detailing portions of an upcoming story related to that.

The fact her husband also works with USCG may be part of the story.

Either way it is hinky as hell...by the way the local cops were extremely uncomfortable with this from all accounts I heard and stayed to the side while the feds did their thing.

Two different cases. This one about the ammunition is Mark Witaschek, the reporter is Audrey Hudson.

But, yes, the Coast Guard used a firearm search subpoena to steal records from a reporter that weren't even listed on the subpoena. Guess they have some jack booted thugs too.

Last edited by Calhoun; 10/28/13.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Realistically for these officers to try and stop this would be a career killer. Their bosses are owned by the feds.

They don't cooperate they get [bleep]. Then where do they go?

Some of these guys are helping behind enemy lines so to speak.

The feds did this, a judge allowed it, and it will get addressed in the media and the courts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Damn quick reply smile

Thanks for the clarification I was under the impression this was one incident.

Seems to be a recurring theme on the east coast if thats the case...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1_deuce, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,076
Posts18,463,825
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.