Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#8210431 10/31/13
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My grill is on its last legs and Im shopping for another, never had what I felt was a "good" grill. Can anyone recommend a good gas grill that wont send me to the poor house?

Thanks

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
BP-B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Weber

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Weber Spirit is about as good as it gets for the coin.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This is the one I have. http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/out...ll/pid-231055?color=Grey&N=578846087
It's purty darn good and price is reasonable.I like the cast iron grates,you will never burn them out like the coated ones.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Anything else but this is just not this good. It is a Cabelas Smoker Grill, but can also be bought at propane stores for $20-50.00 cheaper. There is nothing that will grill like these do, including that morphodite Egg...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I asked a similar question on The Campfire some months ago and the resounding answer was a Weber Genesis. I bought it and it is fantastic! Couldn't be happier.

RS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Genesis is several hundred more than the Spirit... and honestly, the Spirit is just as good IMO.

But either are great... Weber has had this stuff figured out for a long time, and I can testify their customer service/after sale service is as good as it gets.

You can buy cheaper than Weber, but be prepared...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Maybe I should add the price of the Smoker grill is around $150.00. Weber Genesis, $700.00 and it still won't smoke like this. If you don't care about price or the ability to smoke, the Weber may just be the ticket.

Don't confuse Smoker grill with a smoker only, the grill can be used without the chips and smoking, or with the chips. It will still cook in the same amount of time as the grill, just tastes better...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Is that the 7 in 1 premium model? It's on sale for $139 right now. 60 bucks off.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Is that the 7 in 1 premium model? It's on sale for $139 right now. 60 bucks off.

There ya go, this is the one. It comes with another cooking pot and several accoutrements, I just put the meat in, pour in the chips and let er rip...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought the one similar to this about 13 years ago. Paid $400 (discount for floor model and military discount at Bass Pro). It has never broken in any way and works great. That's $30 / year and it shows no signs of stopping - good value.

http://www.weber.com/grills/series/genesis (mine is all stainless)

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by RipSnort
I asked a similar question on The Campfire some months ago and the resounding answer was a Weber Genesis. I bought it and it is fantastic! Couldn't be happier.

RS

Assuming you're looking at a gas grill, once you've gotten a Genesis, you'll kick yourself for all the cheap grills you've had in the past.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was not going to post but temptation has overcome me. I used gas for years, it is fast and easy and the results were good. Then I switched back to charcoal and only use real lump charcoal. With a Webber charcoal starter, looks like a large tin can with a handle, starting the charcoal only takes a few minutes and not the food it twice as good.

I know the OP asked about gas but lump charcoal is in my opinion way better.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F

Room for both in my life and an offset smoker as well. Doing a lamb Gyro on the rotisserie last weekend on the propane worked well.

Doing Paella on the weber with lump at camp is an enjoyable hour of cooking amusement. ( Paella )

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm a cheap ass, so I went with the Weber Q. $400-800 for a grill would be a sin for me...(grin) I think I got my Weber Q for $200 with the stand off of Amazon. Its good for what I grill. Fish, backstrap, and shrimp/vegis. It's small, and hardly uses any propane compared to my old one. I'm very impressed.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Since you asked for a gas grill I, like others, recommend a Weber, which ever one that meets your needs. For a hard fuel fired unit I also recommend a Weber. I have been using both for many years. A lot of the less costly stuff will rot in a matter of years. This from experience too.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by RipSnort

RS

+3

I saw that thread so we bit the bullet and bot the Weber Genesis. Many significant advantages over the Spirit line and ITS MADE IN THE USA. Built like a tank and I'm sure will last for many years.

NB

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Scott F

Room for both in my life and an offset smoker as well. Doing a lamb Gyro on the rotisserie last weekend on the propane worked well.

Doing Paella on the weber with lump at camp is an enjoyable hour of cooking amusement. ( Paella )

[Linked Image]

Couple of years ago the wife and I went shopping for a gas grill. We were prepared to spend around a grand if necessary to get something good (we're real serious about our cooking and entertaining.) We had an epiphany of sorts and came home with a Weber kettle style charcoal grill like this for about a hundred bucks and never looked back. I can not begin to tell you how much simpler it is to get really outstanding results. Also, no guessing about whether or not you've got enough fuel for a marathon session cooking prime rib, turkey, pork shoulder, or whatever might take a few hours. We will never go back to gas for outdoor cooking. If we want convenience, we've got a grill plate that covers two burners on our gas range. Works as well, takes up less space, and does just as good a job as a gas grill.

Mathew 22: 37-39

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I bought a Weber 20 years ago and it's still going strong. (I grill 2-4 times a week year round.) Over the years, I've replaced the flavorizer bars a couple of times and am on my 3rd igniter. All cheap, readily available and easy to install.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That cast iron body of Weber always allows for replacement parts, ie new burners after the others have rusted out. On other grills by the other manufacturers, their bodies are not made of cast iron and so the body rusts out also. They might sell replacement parts, but over time, what are you going to replace it too?

Get the weber and don t look back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 75 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,650
Posts18,399,153
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.